Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
Completely random question, is anyone really struggling to get hold of cat litter at the moment? We seem to be experiencing a massive shortage in our area over the last 6 weeks or so. I’m driving round 3-4 shops to find some, after noticing it’s sold out everywhere. My boy is fussy what he will use, so I have to be careful, otherwise he will have a dirty protest.
To keep on track, given that it’s year of the tiger, here’s a pic of my Tiger x
Yes! I have had to buy a cheap one from my local corner shop recently which is nowhere near as good, hassle to change and smellls way worse, none of the supermarkets near me have it

Reactions: 2

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
It’s a little culdesac - we found her in a garden today and a lovely couple let us come in and get her but she bolted. I’m going to knock on all the doors just to let them all know tomorrow. It’s so unlike her, just shocked to be honest x
Let us know how you got on please.

emm

VIP Member
View attachment 1196588

Rosie has been in the wars today 😭 She caught her tail in a door and has had to have an inch amputated. Lots of cuddles over the Bank Holiday ❤

Has anyone got any tips for keeping the buster collar on? She absolutely hates it and me 😂
when ny female cat was neutered they didn't give her a cone as they said it wasnt necesary, with my little boy we went to a different vet and they gave him one. he kept managing to get out of it so eventually we just left it off and didn't have any issues tbh

• Heart

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
thank you so much. I will have a look into the one you’ve used. God I will never go near that Bob Martin stuff! I couldn’t believe it when I was reading the reviews. It’s so readily available in places like wilko and Tesco you would assume it’s safe. I feel so sorry for people who trusted the product and it caused their pet to be ill or even die. Shocking
There have been petitions to have it removed from supermarket shelves, but I know. Y local Tesco still stock it. It's incredibly dangerous.

emm

VIP Member
My girl will eat Aldi dry food but not wet food. That has to be Felix or Whiskas.
She'll sniff around when we're having dinner and goes absolutely mad for meat of any description.
My kitten will literally eat anything, lettuce, olives, cat food... instead my big girl basically only eats packaged cat food (sometimes tinned tuna) and, of course, dreamies.
did anything happen with the stray cat?

AladdinSane

VIP Member
😍😍😍 Omg are they wearing bandanas??
Yes. I got them star wars and teenage mutant ninja turtles bandanas for when we wormed them as they were in a habit of trying to lick the spot on.
However they were able to remove their collar within 10 minutes. Can't figure out when I've turned a box on it's side but a collar is no problem at all 🙄😅

omg they are both stunning!!!!! Also love the chair! My cat/kitten have stopped sitting/sleeping together already, so sad loved watching them washing each other
Thank you 🥰
They wash each other occasionally but it always turns into a fight as they both want to be the big dog 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

emm

VIP Member
It is true what you say, people just don’t understand! I never disliked cats, just didn’t know how much I loved them ❤

Honestly the way they play is amazing! I didn’t know cats and dogs could get along so well. It probably helps that our kitty is basically the same size as our dog (and I think will
Be bigger). Our dog isn’t a puppy either he is going on 8 now but has brought him so much joy. Our pup has always struggled with separation anxiety, he doesn’t anymore which is Amazing. Wish we got a cat years ago though I’m glad we waited out for this one ❤

Question ?
Who lets their cat outside??
We haven’t yet, as we were advised to wait until he had been neutered and microchipped. That happened last week. But I can’t bring my self to let him venture outside. Is it mean to make him become a house cat ? I don’t know what is for the best as I’m so new to this being a kitty mum. We have taken him out in the garden on a lead and harness a few times.
Advice please ❤
Totally agree, I know quite a few people who never thought they were cat people until spending time around them! So cute the cat and dog get along, my cat used to get on well with my parents puppy when she was smaller but as I don’t live with them after a while of not seeing each other my cat now just finds the dog annoying, although the dog still wants to play. It is actually very funny as the dog doesn’t seem to understand that the cat wagging her tail doesn’t mean she is happy 😂
It depends where you live, my cats go outside as it is quite a quiet area, I waited until she was about 8months old. My parents live on a busy road but have a big garden, my dad started to introduce them to the garden by taking them out on leads gradually. They have always been fine and never really venture past the neighbours garden (at most). It is nerve wracking when they don’t come back for a day or so though, if you are nervous I would just suggest waiting until the cat is older, maybe a year or so, as they actually become quite lazy and just stay very close to home

Okay I don’t feel so bad about not letting him out now! I have those same worries, I messaged his mums owner a couple weeks ago to update her on his progress. Sadly his mum has since passed as she got knocked down 😭, that’s what changed my mind about letting him out. But like you say he seems to want to. I also get a look of disgust from him when we let our dog in the garden and not him, he watches him outside until he comes back in 🤣.

Regarding tips about dogs and cats getting along, I think the fact that we had our dog first was a bonus. He was very excited at first and the cat wasn’t sure. We put our dog on a lead and let them sniff each other, everytime the dog was calm he got a treat, it only took 20 minutes to get them both loving each other. I think we were lucky. I think you should be fine with your future pup liking your cats but I’m not sure an older cat will take to new dog. I might be wrong Any one else know ?

@MaineCoonMama out of interest how big are your Maine coons ? I didn’t know what one was until the vet mentioned the breed! (See such a ignorant person 😆). But wow ! The size some of them grow too I was shocked !! Are yours any where near as big as Google leads one to believe ? X
Agree about getting a dog first, cats are very territorial and any new animal will make them angry, especially a dog. My parents got their cats first then a dog a year or so later, the dog tries to play with them ( still) but they just hiss or run away. Sometimes they will sleep on opposite nds of the same sofa but that’s about it

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
He was 3.5 miles away on the other side of the river! The lady who found him had only been looking after him for a few days so no idea where he was before that. He's lost 1.5kg and is very subdued and a bit dirty but he's home :cry: the power of a microchip! We are just so thankful she asked Cats Protection to come out and scan him.
this news has made my day, how wonderful for you all 😻 fatten him up with lots of dreamies :ROFLMAO:

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
@miamae my friend's cat (also black) was out for 4 days a week or so ago, he goes out but usually comes back every evening. She was, of course terrified, but he eventually came back, my advice would be so speak to neighbours, often unknwlwngkgly thwy feel themand so they stay out longer, also register on nextdoor app