The share my cat thread! #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 931386
My biggest boy is 13 kg, he is massive! I'm in Australia but I think some of the European and American cats are quite a lot bigger. They really are very big! They have gigantic personalities as well.
o wow 😻😻😻😻 look at him he is beautiful!

13 kg !!! That is huge o my ! That is 28 lbs wow! How old is he ? X

Totally agree, I know quite a few people who never thought they were cat people until spending time around them! So cute the cat and dog get along, my cat used to get on well with my parents puppy when she was smaller but as I don’t live with them after a while of not seeing each other my cat now just finds the dog annoying, although the dog still wants to play. It is actually very funny as the dog doesn’t seem to understand that the cat wagging her tail doesn’t mean she is happy 😂
It depends where you live, my cats go outside as it is quite a quiet area, I waited until she was about 8months old. My parents live on a busy road but have a big garden, my dad started to introduce them to the garden by taking them out on leads gradually. They have always been fine and never really venture past the neighbours garden (at most). It is nerve wracking when they don’t come back for a day or so though, if you are nervous I would just suggest waiting until the cat is older, maybe a year or so, as they actually become quite lazy and just stay very close to home

Agree about getting a dog first, cats are very territorial and any new animal will make them angry, especially a dog. My parents got their cats first then a dog a year or so later, the dog tries to play with them ( still) but they just hiss or run away. Sometimes they will sleep on opposite nds of the same sofa but that’s about it
thank you for the advice! I’ll wait till he is a year and assess the situation then ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
o wow 😻😻😻😻 look at him he is beautiful!
Thank you! He's a big softy. It's thundering in my area right now and he's curled up next to me holding my arm and trying to bury his face in it. It's funny because he's so big but he's very much a mummy's boy 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you! He's a big softy. It's thundering in my area right now and he's curled up next to me holding my arm and trying to bury his face in it. It's funny because he's so big but he's very much a mummy's boy 😊
I find male cats generally seem to be much more needy (in my experience anyway) my female cat now is about 3 when she was a kitten she was SUPER needy, alwaus wanted to sleep next to me, be carried etc, but grew out of it as she got older, my little boy is about 1 and he is still needy as ever, I complain about it but I love it really 😻 and I have found the same with cats in the past

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hands up who has bought their cat a Christmas present? I forgot last year and my 5 year old was mad so she has a stocking this year

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I bought my cat an advent calendar a few years ago. She hated the treats and since then has got nothing 😂 may be giving them some of my beef from Xmas lunch though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I usually get them a special snack like ham or salmon. They get presents all year round, like the furry feathered catnip carrot my husband bought them. They take turns kicking the tit out of it then licking the feathers. 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My daughter bought Athena a Christmas suit 🤦‍♀️ and she (Athena) ate poor Thor's Christmas Dinner as well as her own!
20211225_121856.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My kitten had catnip for the first time yesterday, before I could put it on the ground he had ripped tehe bag from my hands and was rolling around on the floor 😹

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Pixie got loads of dreamies, a cat nip toy, a vibrating mouse that moves across the floor & a scratching toy.
Of course she preferred a paper bag.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Pixie got loads of dreamies, a cat nip toy, a vibrating mouse that moves across the floor & a scratching toy.
Of course she preferred a paper bag.
Typical, ( apart from dreamies ) you should have just left her with your wrapping paper 😂 in a guilt measure I gave mine the leftover scrambled eggs we had from breakfast , they usually love eggs but have snubbed them, I relived the advent calendar situation again and realised why I shouldn’t buy them anything special n 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I was going through some old photos and found this. Susan on her first night in her new home and the portrait tattoo of my old girl Persia who passed in 2013. Susan was born in 2014.
B108AAA5-8BF7-40D8-A3DD-F2D954AB25BE.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.