The share my cat thread! #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can i get a bit of advice about my 12 year old rescue? Weve had him a year and the last month, but more so the last week, weve been finding so much fur on everything. Mostly where he lays but also everywhere else! Its like big clumps (without skin attached, think more when you brush him and it sticks together kind of?) But when I do brush him theres nothing, so he isnt moulting. I think he is pulling it out himself? His coats in great condition, shiny and smooth, no sign of fleas, no patches missing. Its the oddest thing! I dont want to take him to the vets because hes generally well its just annoying having to hoover 3 times a day and hes never done it before?
Honestly I wouldn’t view that as a problem at all, as long as it is not leaving bald patches it is fine. I had a cat who chewed her tail so much it was always wet (awful to look at ) but no health issues, I think it is just the equivalent of a comfort blanket

Can you see the join 😹
Are they literally posing for social media . 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Honestly I wouldn’t view that as a problem at all, as long as it is not leaving bald patches it is fine. I had a cat who chewed her tail so much it was always wet (awful to look at ) but no health issues, I think it is just the equivalent of a comfort blanket

Are they literally posing for social media . 😂
proper posers my little n large! 😻

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Before we got up this morning.

That's my husband's arm by the way. I don't have exceedingly hairy arms! 😹

20211226_110109.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Yeah thats why i dont want to bother the vets, because hes absolutely fit and healthy otherwise. Actually watched him groom himself last night for over an hour (because whatelse do cats do when theyre not asleep?!) and it seems its coming from his claws once hes done brushing.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So we went away for Christmas and I couldn’t bare to leave our kitty a home to be fed by neighbours and not have much attention for the week. Anyway I was dreading the journey, I had read online that cats struggle with long journeys. However, it was a real success turns out our kitty does not mind travelling at all. He slept for most of the journey or purred happily in his carrier on my child’s lap. It wasn’t a short trip either 4 hours. It was quite the picture, we travelled with two adults, two kids, the cat, dog and the hamster (our hamster usually Lives in a massive cage but we have a smaller one for when we go away) 🤣 🤣! Has any one else travelled with their kitty’s ? How did you find it ?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So we went away for Christmas and I couldn’t bare to leave our kitty a home to be fed by neighbours and not have much attention for the week. Anyway I was dreading the journey, I had read online that cats struggle with long journeys. However, it was a real success turns out our kitty does not mind travelling at all. He slept for most of the journey or purred happily in his carrier on my child’s lap. It wasn’t a short trip either 4 hours. It was quite the picture, we travelled with two adults, two kids, the cat, dog and the hamster (our hamster usually Lives in a massive cage but we have a smaller one for when we go away) 🤣 🤣! Has any one else travelled with their kitty’s ? How did you find it ?
Ours has been in my car 6 times and it was traumatic as duck. He yowed the entire time, pooped all over himself, got himself in a right state and I wont be doing it again in a hurry!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Ours has been in my car 6 times and it was traumatic as duck. He yowed the entire time, pooped all over himself, got himself in a right state and I wont be doing it again in a hurry!
I had heard that is what can happen which was why I wasn’t sure if we should risk it. we had already decided that had he struggled we would have changed our plans, turned round and came home. However, he really didn’t mind at all we are very lucky!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
wow what a brave little warrior! 😍
we also went away for christmas and new year but we were flying so had to leave the kitty at home. thankfully i have a sister who she adores 😄 so my sister is sleeping there almost every night and checking in on her during the day if she's not sleeping over. she sends us a report every day and photos & videos of them cuddling. i don't know what i'd do without her! so thankful :)

• Heart
wow what a brave little warrior! 😍
we also went away for christmas and new year but we were flying so had to leave the kitty at home. thankfully i have a sister who she adores 😄 so my sister is sleeping there almost every night and checking in on her during the day if she's not sleeping over. she sends us a report every day and photos & videos of them cuddling. i don't know what i'd do without her! so thankful :)
Love that you have a family member who can care for your kitty properly, that must be such a weight off your shoulder. I think when he is older we may leave him if we ever go away. I have some friends who are animal lovers and I know he would be okay! But because he isn’t yet even a year old (he is nearly 7 months) I thought better to bring him. I am so relieved he didn’t mind the journey ☺

• Heart
Love that you have a family member who can care for your kitty properly, that must be such a weight off your shoulder. I think when he is older we may leave him if we ever go away. I have some friends who are animal lovers and I know he would be okay! But because he isn’t yet even a year old (he is nearly 7 months) I thought better to bring him. I am so relieved he didn’t mind the journey ☺
well obviously you are taking very good care of him and he knows he is in good hands! :)
yes i'm so lucky my sister likes/knows how to take care of her, and even luckier that the kitty actually loves her :D

here she is doing scratchies and showing off the tooshie

6679F17B-6BD2-4843-98DD-926595AB135A.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I had heard that is what can happen which was why I wasn’t sure if we should risk it. we had already decided that had he struggled we would have changed our plans, turned round and came home. However, he really didn’t mind at all we are very lucky!
ive never gone that far but when i picked my kitten up for the first time it was about an hour trek across london, yowled the whole time, i felt like a neglectful parent 😂 my other cat on tje other hand has never had any issue with it and usually just sleeps

• Heart
Reactions: 3
20211228_072049.jpg

Salem somehow got our tablecloth off without the candle tipping over. Impressive!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
When I take mine to the vet (only about 20 minutes away) she drools like it's going out of fashion. Last time I took her in, she was literally frothing at the mouth. The vet looked at her, laughed and said "Well I think it's a bit late for the rabies shot" 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.