The share my cat thread! #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else’s cat dream and snore all the time!?! I’ve never known a cat like it. I know when he is in a deep sleep when he starts trilling and snoring (which gets louder and louder) and I can pat him, stroke his feet and even gently shake him without him stirring. He is young, fit and healthy (possible polyp but vet is happy not to put him through any surgery at this time) but my god, he reminds me of my old weimeraner who used to wake everyone up with her dreaming 😆
yes! not exactly snoring, but a really heavy breathing, enough to wake me up panicking that she is having some kind of asthma attack (is that possible in cats? I have no idea) I had a cat when I was little who used to kind of "run" her legs when she was lying down and sleeping 😻

View attachment 922891
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur 🥰
I have said it before and I will say it a thousdan times again, cats are just PERFECT look at that perfectly symetrical tail :love: like a little artwork

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hey fellow cat lovers -
I am new to the cat loving society. We got my eldest a kitty a few months ago and well I’ve claimed him (or he’s claimed me). I love him so much I never knew I was a cat person, I feel sad that I never knew this about my self and that I have had many wasted years without a cat in my life 🤣. They really are the best. Our boy is 6 months old, has the strangest personality loves water, is more like a dog follows you round wants to know where I am at all times. If I’m in the bath or shower he tries to get in. He takes regular showers under our kitchen sink 😂. He wakes me up at 6 am every day sat on my chest and licking my face (not always ideal). He makes me lift him to his food by giving me a strange meow/humming noise (he can get there himself, which he does if I’m not around 🙄). He is best friends with our dog and they play like puppies wrestle each other and chase each other, both greet us at the door whenever we come home (so cute).
We have no idea what type of cat he is. He is very big for his age 3 lbs heavier than your average kitty at that age (we don’t over feed him and he isn’t fat). The vet asked if he was part Maine coon (that would be cool, not sure though) . He is registered as a domestic long haired, don’t mind what he is as he is puurfect. I have so much love for cats now, how did I not know ? ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hey fellow cat lovers -
I am new to the cat loving society. We got my eldest a kitty a few months ago and well I’ve claimed him (or he’s claimed me). I love him so much I never knew I was a cat person, I feel sad that I never knew this about my self and that I have had many wasted years without a cat in my life 🤣. They really are the best. Our boy is 6 months old, has the strangest personality loves water, is more like a dog follows you round wants to know where I am at all times. If I’m in the bath or shower he tries to get in. He takes regular showers under our kitchen sink 😂. He wakes me up at 6 am every day sat on my chest and licking my face (not always ideal). He makes me lift him to his food by giving me a strange meow/humming noise (he can get there himself, which he does if I’m not around 🙄). He is best friends with our dog and they play like puppies wrestle each other and chase each other, both greet us at the door whenever we come home (so cute).
We have no idea what type of cat he is. He is very big for his age 3 lbs heavier than your average kitty at that age (we don’t over feed him and he isn’t fat). The vet asked if he was part Maine coon (that would be cool, not sure though) . He is registered as a domestic long haired, don’t mind what he is as he is puurfect. I have so much love for cats now, how did I not know ? ❤❤
That's awesome you're a cat person now! I've been a cat fan my whole life, I've had many people tell me they didn't know how cool cats are until they got to hang out with some.
When ever someone tells me they that they don't like cats I always tell them "You simply don't understand them".
It's great that your pets get along, I laughed imagining them romping around together 💕

• Heart
Does anyone else ever see their cat twitching in their sleep? I used to often see one of my mum"s doing that. You would see his mouth moving and his forepaws too. Presumably cats are dreaming when they do that, though there's no sure way to know if they're seeing mental images and it isn't just reflexes ticking over in slumber.

Reactions: 5
My friend and I saw my very old cat running in his sleep once, haha. We woke him up laughing.

• Haha
That's awesome you're a cat person now! I've been a cat fan my whole life, I've had many people tell me they didn't know how cool cats are until they got to hang out with some.
When ever someone tells me they that they don't like cats I always tell them "You simply don't understand them".
It's great that your pets get along, I laughed imagining them romping around together 💕
It is true what you say, people just don’t understand! I never disliked cats, just didn’t know how much I loved them ❤

Honestly the way they play is amazing! I didn’t know cats and dogs could get along so well. It probably helps that our kitty is basically the same size as our dog (and I think will
Be bigger). Our dog isn’t a puppy either he is going on 8 now but has brought him so much joy. Our pup has always struggled with separation anxiety, he doesn’t anymore which is Amazing. Wish we got a cat years ago though I’m glad we waited out for this one ❤

Question ?
Who lets their cat outside??
We haven’t yet, as we were advised to wait until he had been neutered and microchipped. That happened last week. But I can’t bring my self to let him venture outside. Is it mean to make him become a house cat ? I don’t know what is for the best as I’m so new to this being a kitty mum. We have taken him out in the garden on a lead and harness a few times.
Advice please ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
It is true what you say, people just don’t understand! I never disliked cats, just didn’t know how much I loved them ❤

Honestly the way they play is amazing! I didn’t know cats and dogs could get along so well. It probably helps that our kitty is basically the same size as our dog (and I think will
Be bigger). Our dog isn’t a puppy either he is going on 8 now but has brought him so much joy. Our pup has always struggled with separation anxiety, he doesn’t anymore which is Amazing. Wish we got a cat years ago though I’m glad we waited out for this one ❤

Question ?
We haven’t yet, as we were advised to wait until he had been neutered and microchipped. That happened last week. But I can’t bring my self to let him venture outside. Is it mean to make him become a house cat ? I don’t know what is for the best as I’m so new to this being a kitty mum. We have taken him out in the garden on a lead and harness a few times.
Advice please ❤
Ooooh any tips on getting cats and dogs to get along would be amazing! We have two kitties and once we move to a bigger house, would love to get a puppy to complete the group.

Ours go outside but only in our garden and only under supervision. I would never let them wander as I am terrified they may get in an accident or may be hurt by some asshole who hates cats. Plus we have so many cats that wander around our area, they would definitely get into fights. They seem happy enough although our ginger boy does protest being inside very loudly sometimes 🤣 but then I open the front door and he looks at me in disgust.

Cats are great 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I don't let mine out, I live on a main road and I'm also in an area with lots of birds and wild life. I'm lucky enough to have a spare room they can have as their own space.
Sometimes the middle one tries to leg it but he gets scared and runs back inside.
I do t know about a harness, that's a really individual thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Okay I don’t feel so bad about not letting him out now! I have those same worries, I messaged his mums owner a couple weeks ago to update her on his progress. Sadly his mum has since passed as she got knocked down 😭, that’s what changed my mind about letting him out. But like you say he seems to want to. I also get a look of disgust from him when we let our dog in the garden and not him, he watches him outside until he comes back in 🤣.

Regarding tips about dogs and cats getting along, I think the fact that we had our dog first was a bonus. He was very excited at first and the cat wasn’t sure. We put our dog on a lead and let them sniff each other, everytime the dog was calm he got a treat, it only took 20 minutes to get them both loving each other. I think we were lucky. I think you should be fine with your future pup liking your cats but I’m not sure an older cat will take to new dog. I might be wrong Any one else know ?

@MaineCoonMama out of interest how big are your Maine coons ? I didn’t know what one was until the vet mentioned the breed! (See such a ignorant person 😆). But wow ! The size some of them grow too I was shocked !! Are yours any where near as big as Google leads one to believe ? X

Last edited:
  • Heart
Mine goes out, but in the winter she's not as keen and prefers to be inside. Only goes out to go to the toilet (she rarely uses the litter tray) and then comes back in again. I'm in a quiet spot though with not much traffic and she's fairly car savvy. Will always get out of the way when she sees one coming. I think a lot of it depends on where you live and especially what traffic is like.

• Heart
Mine goes out, but in the winter she's not as keen and prefers to be inside. Only goes out to go to the toilet (she rarely uses the litter tray) and then comes back in again. I'm in a quiet spot though with not much traffic and she's fairly car savvy. Will always get out of the way when she sees one coming. I think a lot of it depends on where you live and especially what traffic is like.
how old was Yours when she first went out? And did she stay out long. I’m worried he will get lost, probably me being overcautious and a completely ridiculous assumption 🤣. Our road is relatively safe and we have a large park/green space right next to us. However there is a busy road two streets over. Really not sure what to do 🤔

Reactions: 1
how old was Yours when she first went out? And did she stay out long. I’m worried he will get lost, probably me being overcautious and a completely ridiculous assumption 🤣. Our road is relatively safe and we have a large park/green space right next to us. However there is a busy road two streets over. Really not sure what to do 🤔
I'm not sure to be honest because mine was a stray who turned up in the garden and just kept hanging around. She wasn't feral but she was quite nervous and when I took her to the vet, she wasn't chipped or neutered and the vet said she probably wasn't vaccinated. He reckoned she'd been abandoned or dumped 😔
So when I first got her she'd been outdoors at the time, so I really don't know if it was something she was used to or not.

Reactions: 1
I'm not sure to be honest because mine was a stray who turned up in the garden and just kept hanging around. She wasn't feral but she was quite nervous and when I took her to the vet, she wasn't chipped or neutered and the vet said she probably wasn't vaccinated. He reckoned she'd been abandoned or dumped 😔
So when I first got her she'd been outdoors at the time, so I really don't know if it was something she was used to or not.
ah okay, well that made that decision less complicated for you. How sad for your kitty but glad she found you ❤

• Heart

Question ?
Advice please ❤
Totally agree, I know quite a few people who never thought they were cat people until spending time around them! So cute the cat and dog get along, my cat used to get on well with my parents puppy when she was smaller but as I don’t live with them after a while of not seeing each other my cat now just finds the dog annoying, although the dog still wants to play. It is actually very funny as the dog doesn’t seem to understand that the cat wagging her tail doesn’t mean she is happy 😂
It depends where you live, my cats go outside as it is quite a quiet area, I waited until she was about 8months old. My parents live on a busy road but have a big garden, my dad started to introduce them to the garden by taking them out on leads gradually. They have always been fine and never really venture past the neighbours garden (at most). It is nerve wracking when they don’t come back for a day or so though, if you are nervous I would just suggest waiting until the cat is older, maybe a year or so, as they actually become quite lazy and just stay very close to home

Okay I don’t feel so bad about not letting him out now! I have those same worries, I messaged his mums owner a couple weeks ago to update her on his progress. Sadly his mum has since passed as she got knocked down 😭, that’s what changed my mind about letting him out. But like you say he seems to want to. I also get a look of disgust from him when we let our dog in the garden and not him, he watches him outside until he comes back in 🤣.

Regarding tips about dogs and cats getting along, I think the fact that we had our dog first was a bonus. He was very excited at first and the cat wasn’t sure. We put our dog on a lead and let them sniff each other, everytime the dog was calm he got a treat, it only took 20 minutes to get them both loving each other. I think we were lucky. I think you should be fine with your future pup liking your cats but I’m not sure an older cat will take to new dog. I might be wrong Any one else know ?

@MaineCoonMama out of interest how big are your Maine coons ? I didn’t know what one was until the vet mentioned the breed! (See such a ignorant person 😆). But wow ! The size some of them grow too I was shocked !! Are yours any where near as big as Google leads one to believe ? X
Agree about getting a dog first, cats are very territorial and any new animal will make them angry, especially a dog. My parents got their cats first then a dog a year or so later, the dog tries to play with them ( still) but they just hiss or run away. Sometimes they will sleep on opposite nds of the same sofa but that’s about it

• Heart
E58DC171-64D7-4F12-A3CD-A1603F8DFBFE.jpeg

My biggest boy is 13 kg, he is massive! I'm in Australia but I think some of the European and American cats are quite a lot bigger. They really are very big! They have gigantic personalities as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Do any of your cats have good fighting moves? One of my parents' ones had been homeless for a while when they took him in, to judge by the very rough state he was in at the time. I think he'd have to be a bit of a scrapper to survive and he retained that. Something I saw him do a couple of times was dive at the lower body of an opponent, aiming beneath its underbelly, then by sheer momentum flipping it onto its back with him on top of it sinking its teeth into it. I think if it was human it would have been a star player of rugger or American football!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.