The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't buy any Harry or Will is gay/bi rumour or story.

Biographies are always to be taken with a grain of salt, like some have no real access (lady C Campbell), others are clearly doing their propaganda (e.g. H&M/Omid, Di/Morton, Chuck(&Cam)/Seward).

So authorized or not, always take your grain of salt when reading a biography.

Reactions: 8
Just throwing this out there, v random. And probably because I've read the H&M thread and what's said about the new book etc. But. Has anyone ever wondered about William or Harry's sexuality? Unimportant I know but I did wonder about W in particular. Is the 'perfect wife, kids' etc scenario too perfect? And yes even the Rose rumours, big into football, pints with the lads, handy to deflect attention? Wondered too was all the vitriol directed at H&M hiding something else we'll never know about? A fake marriage? Two fake marriages? As I say just a random query on a Sunday!
I don't think they are hiding anything in regards to sexuality, but the "stepford family" image the Cambridges have is nauseating, outdated, and fake. I couldn't live a PR life, Where everything I do, eat, wear, and say is pre planned. I especially wouldn't want my kids seeing me like that and thinking that's normal.

Reactions: 12
I really like Meghan, I dont understand all this hate for her.
Neither do I. I find her and Harry annoying and hypocritical but I don’t hate either of them. I’m not a fan of the royal family but I don’t hate them.

I have been on the H&M thread. Didn’t like it, when I asked a question I was sniped at and told to start reading from the first thread. I was also warned if I liked them then it wasn’t the place for me!!
I love the royal family, as in it all fascinates me, Queen Victoria marrying off her children and grandchildren to other royals. I would love to just sit with a family tree starting at Victoria and try working it all out.
Everybody on the H&M thread isn’t like that. Some do agree to disagree. I’m on it. 😎

Last edited:
I don't think there have been any gay rumours about him, but as heir If think even if he were gay he would never be able to do anything about it. There must be gay members of the RF. I think a lot of the 'perfect family' scenario is the press. They want access to the children because they sell papers and will do anything/ suppress anything to get it.
Queen’s gay cousin marries

Reactions: 1
I really like Meghan, I dont understand all this hate for her.
I don't, I think there is an element of racism within some of it and others just love to hate or need a hate figure in their lives. Harry married because he fell for her, which is fair enough if it doesn't work out and they divorce, then they won't be any different to millions of other couples.

I agree that the BRF will have a massive problem regarding their relevance the second the Queen is buried. The whole wholesome Cambridge family and pro Charles PR that has been set in motion about 5 years ago shows they are very aware of that. And they did a fantastic job. It started slow but it’s in full force now for a couple of years. Harry marrying was a gift and how this particular situation turned out will benefit this more than they could have hoped for. A new royal wife always gets crushed at least after the honeymoon, with a short baby announcement and baby birth break. It was always to be expected that they would use Kate as the positive opposite in this narrative. But Harry and Meghan made it pretty easy for the tabloids and at least he should have known what was coming. The whole “workhorse” narrative was obviously about to bite them in the ass. Marrying someone from the US in a time when the prejudice against the USA is high and anti-Americanism is socially accepted, and then someone connected to Hollywood (which is seen as fake, too focused on glitter, money and fame) made her an easy target. I believe Harry fell victim to his PR narrative (the Golden boy, funny, warm and invested Harry, so much easier to be around than his brother. People were openly discussing to prefer him as king - never going to happen obviously). He thought he and his wife would ride this wave. Sorry but at 35(?) he should have know better. Their actions fuelled this conflict and the end result is completely their fault. I think if they had come after the actual racist comments they would have been supported (I definitely would have. Some people are vile). But suing news group for a racist bias is hard because it is not easy to prove. I predict they will loose this case.
The BRF needs to get their tit together though. Wiliam and Kate need to pull high numbers through out the UK. Charles and Camilla are doing ok but if it’s their faces in the heads when people think about keeping the monarchy they will be thrown out. They need to get rid of Andrew and Sarah ASAP. The Queen’s cousins need to go. They need to re-evaluate the York sisters. Same goes for the Wessex children. I think a model like Spain might be a good idea. They need to change their MO. Less people means less engagements- so make them bigger and more important. Drive a better media strategy (we start seeing signs. At least Wiliam seems to be less hyper aware and buttoned up with them)- look at Sweden. Nice photos (great mix of “private” and professional), a yearly video documentary (again gives a feeling of a more close relationship with them even though it’s obviously not) and for gods sake bring the one thing only royals can do: tiaras!
Because, let’s not kid ourselves- abolishing the monarchy will not make anything more fair. There will be a new head of state. Maybe people can vote directly, maybe it will be a parliament vote. There will still be costs. Especially as their service will not be indefinitely. As soon as they are out of the job, they still get pensions, security, offices and what not- all while cashing in money in personal business endeavours. Germany had to pay for the upkeep for 5 former head of states at one time. Let me tell you- that was about the amount of money the BRF costs. There will still be corruption and bad press just like with every politician. At least the royals bring an air of history, magic and glitter and continuity. I mean if there is no Queen/King there is no kingdom? Will it be the republic of England, Scotland and Wales? I think Scotland will make a run for it’s money. Who will be on the money? They have to rename administrative bodies, give out new passports. To untangle this will be unbelievable hard. Especially as the history of the country is so intertwined with the family. It will be a legal nightmare. That is going to be expensive- and it will be given to cheapest supplier- so probably not done in Britain.
If I were the leader of the BRF and the UK abolishes the monarchy I would pack up every piece of art, lock up every castle, pull every loaned out piece of whatever. Incredible rich people have a way of protecting their wealth, so I wouldn’t worry. They are one of the biggest landowners in Britain.
I think there are flaws in every political system. The western European democracies (not talking about the EU members) are all pretty good with their particular pros and cons. Almost half have a Queen or a King and they do neither better nor worse than the rest. So yeah, it might be decision of principle because the problems people connect with them don’t disappear. They will just wander to the next holder of the position.
Interesting will be what Canada, Australia and New Zealand decide. And what becomes of the Commonwealth- hint hint: I think it will loose impact and lots of bigger members will leave.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I agree that the BRF will have a massive problem regarding their relevance the second the Queen is buried. The whole wholesome Cambridge family and pro Charles PR that has been set in motion about 5 years ago shows they are very aware of that. And they did a fantastic job. It started slow but it’s in full force now for a couple of years. Harry marrying was a gift and how this particular situation turned out will benefit this more than they could have hoped for. A new royal wife always gets crushed at least after the honeymoon, with a short baby announcement and baby birth break. It was always to be expected that they would use Kate as the positive opposite in this narrative. But Harry and Meghan made it pretty easy for the tabloids and at least he should have known what was coming. The whole “workhorse” narrative was obviously about to bite them in the ass. Marrying someone from the US in a time when the prejudice against the USA is high and anti-Americanism is socially accepted, and then someone connected to Hollywood (which is seen as fake, too focused on glitter, money and fame) made her an easy target. I believe Harry fell victim to his PR narrative (the Golden boy, funny, warm and invested Harry, so much easier to be around than his brother. People were openly discussing to prefer him as king - never going to happen obviously). He thought he and his wife would ride this wave. Sorry but at 35(?) he should have know better. Their actions fuelled this conflict and the end result is completely their fault. I think if they had come after the actual racist comments they would have been supported (I definitely would have. Some people are vile). But suing news group for a racist bias is hard because it is not easy to prove. I predict they will loose this case.
The BRF needs to get their tit together though. Wiliam and Kate need to pull high numbers through out the UK. Charles and Camilla are doing ok but if it’s their faces in the heads when people think about keeping the monarchy they will be thrown out. They need to get rid of Andrew and Sarah ASAP. The Queen’s cousins need to go. They need to re-evaluate the York sisters. Same goes for the Wessex children. I think a model like Spain might be a good idea. They need to change their MO. Less people means less engagements- so make them bigger and more important. Drive a better media strategy (we start seeing signs. At least Wiliam seems to be less hyper aware and buttoned up with them)- look at Sweden. Nice photos (great mix of “private” and professional), a yearly video documentary (again gives a feeling of a more close relationship with them even though it’s obviously not) and for gods sake bring the one thing only royals can do: tiaras!
Because, let’s not kid ourselves- abolishing the monarchy will not make anything more fair. There will be a new head of state. Maybe people can vote directly, maybe it will be a parliament vote. There will still be costs. Especially as their service will not be indefinitely. As soon as they are out of the job, they still get pensions, security, offices and what not- all while cashing in money in personal business endeavours. Germany had to pay for the upkeep for 5 former head of states at one time. Let me tell you- that was about the amount of money the BRF costs. There will still be corruption and bad press just like with every politician. At least the royals bring an air of history, magic and glitter and continuity. I mean if there is no Queen/King there is no kingdom? Will it be the republic of England, Scotland and Wales? I think Scotland will make a run for it’s money. Who will be on the money? They have to rename administrative bodies, give out new passports. To untangle this will be unbelievable hard. Especially as the history of the country is so intertwined with the family. It will be a legal nightmare. That is going to be expensive- and it will be given to cheapest supplier- so probably not done in Britain.
If I were the leader of the BRF and the UK abolishes the monarchy I would pack up every piece of art, lock up every castle, pull every loaned out piece of whatever. Incredible rich people have a way of protecting their wealth, so I wouldn’t worry. They are one of the biggest landowners in Britain.
I think there are flaws in every political system. The western European democracies (not talking about the EU members) are all pretty good with their particular pros and cons. Almost half have a Queen or a King and they do neither better nor worse than the rest. So yeah, it might be decision of principle because the problems people connect with them don’t disappear. They will just wander to the next holder of the position.
Interesting will be what Canada, Australia and New Zealand decide. And what becomes of the Commonwealth- hint hint: I think it will loose impact and lots of bigger members will leave.
It is a tricky one, to some extent the Queen and the RF do serve some kind of purpose!
Only..........if the RF did go, it would create the imput for change........whilst at the moment England is tied down to the history and the past! The whole Downton Abbey effect! There are plenty of successful republics out there. Hardly any of the Western European democracies do actually have a ruling monarchy! France doesnt, Switzerland doesnt, Germany doesnt, Italy doesnt, I think the only one that does is Monaco!

Reactions: 3
Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, the Scandinavian countries, Liechtenstein.

with the exception of Liechtenstein and us, the royal families of those european countries are firmly in their boxes. It’s about time we followed suit.

Reactions: 5
What bugs me the most is this whole "she is only an actress". At least she worked, at least she made her own way in the world and didn't wait around for someone to marry her. The Royal Family rolled out the red carpet for her... yes so that they didn't look racist and looked like they made an effort. At the end of the day the snobbery was still there. She was married before, yes but then look at the Queen's children - all of them have some sort of skeleton in the closet - and they somehow think they are better than us. I think Kate enjoyed having the attention of both William and Harry and wouldn't like sharing the limelight. She is too wholesome to be true (I have come across girls like her before and don't believe everything I read). I do think Harry blames the Royal Family for what happened to his mother (especially his father) so is going to be hyper-sensitive (you can hardly blame him). Anyway I think this family are a waste of money and the monarchy needs to be abolished sooner rather than later. They all have the morals of an alley-cat (well maybe not the queen). Just to finish - where was Philip going the day of his accident that he didn't want anyone to drive him or take protection officers with him - seems very suspicious to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I agree with the last 3 posts. I do believe the monarchy needs a massive overhaul. I dont think the nonsense of supporting the Queens cousins is sustainable. All the PR they will be doing is for self preservation, not necessarily for the good of the country though. They are desperate to survive. I'd be happy with a continental style monarchy-severely slimmed down. I agree I think Canada and Ausralia will become republics when HM dies. I'm not sure about the Carribbean countries. There is a benefit to the people there as they have the death penalty that can appeal to the Privy Council who cannot impose it but they may well go too. That leaves a hugely diminished role, not to mention It only seems to be the post war generation who give a stuff about the Royals. Who is going to turn up to see a balding 50 something Prince William, his middle aged stepford wife and some teenagers when they could get the latest actor/ singer etc fronting a campaign? A republic only supports ex heads of states and their spouses not their adult children and all the other hangers on. I think that's a moot point though. No one can be bothered to change the system but they will be diminished through apathy so need a complete overhaul.

e.

where was Philip going the day of his accident that he didn't want anyone to drive him or take protection officers with him - seems very
Hmm that's interesting. He lives with his lover at Sandringham so he didnt need to go far. surely at his age he cant sustain 2 women and a wife 😲

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I agree with the last 3 posts. I do believe the monarchy needs a massive overhaul. I dont think the nonsense of supporting the Queens cousins is sustainable. All the PR they will be doing is for self preservation, not necessarily for the good of the country though. They are desperate to survive. I'd be happy with a continental style monarchy-severely slimmed down. I agree I think Canada and Ausralia will become republics when HM dies. I'm not sure about the Carribbean countries. There is a benefit to the people there as they have the death penalty that can appeal to the Privy Council who cannot impose it but they may well go too. That leaves a hugely diminished role, not to mention It only seems to be the post war generation who give a stuff about the Royals. Who is going to turn up to see a balding 50 something Prince William, his middle aged stepford wife and some teenagers when they could get the latest actor/ singer etc fronting a campaign? A republic only supports ex heads of states and their spouses not their adult children and all the other hangers on. I think that's a moot point though. No one can be bothered to change the system but they will be diminished through apathy so need a complete overhaul.

e.

Hmm that's interesting. He lives with his lover at Sandringham so he didnt need to go far. surely at his age he cant sustain 2 women and a wife 😲
His lover? What!! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
His lover? What!! 😆
He normally lives with his 'carriage driving partner' Penny someone on the Sandringham Estate. According to someone further up the thread, she will be the second person informed of his death when it happens ( if she isnt there at the time)

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I don’t like MM because I think she married Harry for all the wrong reasons and it was to further herself along the road, he looks so unhappy since he had been with her and she has done what abusers do; moved him away from his family, I understand that part of her reasons were to do with the British media and I know out of all the media worldwide then the British media are the worst out of them all, but I just don’t think she is genuine and I can’t see their marriage going the distance. I can see why William was suspicious of her and why she was marrying Harry, fame and money comes to mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don’t like MM because I think she married Harry for all the wrong reasons and it was to further herself along the road, he looks so unhappy since he had been with her and she has done what abusers do; moved him away from his family, I understand that part of her reasons were to do with the British media and I know out of all the media worldwide then the British media are the worst out of them all, but I just don’t think she is genuine and I can’t see their marriage going the distance. I can see why William was suspicious of her and why she was marrying Harry, fame and money comes to mind.
Yeah but even if all that was true, Harry is an adult that can make his own mistakes. The extreme hatred of her is weird. The track record of the Royals in the marriage stakes is appalling at the best of times. If they do get divorced they will be the latest in a long line of Royal divorcees. Harry is so far off the throne as to be irrelevant. The significance given to them is based entirely on the hysteria whipped up over the internet and by the papers. If they want to be left alone, leave them alone and shut up about them. They will go away.What I find more distasteful is the top billing given to Harry and Meghan being annoying narcissists and a lower billing given to Andrew being a long time friend to sexual predators ( he invited Harvey Weinstein and Jeffrey Epstein to his childs 18th birthday at Windsor Castle ffs. Why? Was it because of all the 17 and 18 year old girls running around? ) They are not equal 'crimes' yet they are mentioned in the same breath all the time! They are being used as a smokescreen to cover up far worse things and and the baying internet mob lap it up, ignoring more serious issues, like our Head of State allowing her beloved son get away with his behaviour for so long and our future head of state refusing access to their children if they run stories on Andrew. Harry and Meghan are nobodies yet our rulers and future rulers are being protected by their human shield.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I agree. She's not some poor innocent girl that's being attacked. It has nothing to do with race, I'm saying this as a black woman myself. It's so crystal clear that she married him to further herself. She had no intention of ever being a support royal, she wants the spotlight.
I actually think she got a better deal than Kate. Kate is married to a future king, she's going to be in the spotlight. My ideal life would be to have all the perks that come with a royal status and none of the daily public attention. She had attention because she created it, she never let's a story die by ignoring it like the rest of the royals do. Sophie Wessex, Mike Tindall, Autumn Phillips, Jack Brooksbank, and Tim Lawrence have all somehow managed to be married to royalty without the glare of the lights. What better life than to quietly and happily raise your family in your gigantic country house, never having to worry about money... That's my dream life.
People that think that there's a racial element to this seem to conviniently forget that Kate went through years and years of abuse in the media. She quietly put up with it. Never complained, never explained, and never virtue signaled. I think maybe Kate had the character to ride it out because she has the support of her family to vent and cry to. Meghan ghosted all her family and friends that were "beneath her" so she had no one to turn to for support.
The first red flag was having no family or old friends at her wedding. She filled her side of the chairs with vacuous shallow celebrities who used her to elevate themselves. Do you think the Clooneys or Knowles-Carters would have attended if she was just a Suits actress marrying a plumber? They used her to elevate themselves, just as Meghan used the BRF to elevate herself. It backfired because the public saw through her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
The word narcissist is thrown about far too much these days and I don’t hate MM in an extreme way, I just don’t think she married Harry because she was genuinely in love with him.

Yes he is an adult but everyone has the right to dislike her, this entire site is full of celebs that we don’t like!

Yes to the fact that people hate MM compared to the hatred Andrew gets but some people are gullible and won’t hate on him until it’s proven!

People that say we dislike MM due to race (not you) then they just say it to shut us down, It’s the same sort of thing with Brexit, if you voted for it then you must be racist even though the majority of Eastern European’s are all white like the majority of the Brits, it’s exactly the same type of thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The word narcissist is thrown about far too much these days and I don’t hate MM in an extreme way, I just don’t think she married Harry because she was genuinely in love with him.

Yes he is an adult but everyone has the right to dislike her, this entire site is full of celebs that we don’t like!

Yes to the fact that people hate MM compared to the hatred Andrew gets but some people are gullible and won’t hate on him until it’s proven!

People that say we dislike MM due to race (not you) then they just say it to shut us down, It’s the same sort of thing with Brexit, if you voted for it then you must be racist even though the majority of Eastern European’s are all white like the majority of the Brits, it’s exactly the same type of thing.
Racism isn’t just about the colour of your skin... Thousands of people voted in favour of Brexit for racist reasons, many of which were about white people from different parts of Europe. Not everyone’s reasons were racist, granted, but many were.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.