The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyway i wonder what the queen will wear for lockdown in da house trooping of the colour 😙 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh ok, so what your saying is no you dont know them personally, you know just about as much as the rest of us then, got it 👍

I really dont understand the complete venom some people have for people who you've never met and really dont have any effect on your life personally but here we are 2020 is quite the year isnt it?!
Complete venom for some and pure sugar for others. I hate both approaches and always say criticism is always fair, your own like or dislike shouldn't come into a topic - at least not heavily or in so far to cloud discussions (obvs we all have our feelings about people and snark is always fun, but jeez can't the discussion be a bit more honest with criticism and praise allowed when due? and just a little bit of objectivity?).

I have been to a few forums and the total adulation or total hatred is just jarring and don't dare say anything contrary to popular opinion or contrary to those who dominate a thread. Or opinion changes because a mod changed their opinion.
It's toxic and taxing and I left such places. That's why I also don't follow some threads at all or just a little on tattle.

And also when an article fits someone's narrative it must be true/a lie. :rolleyes:🤦‍♀️
All negative things about some people are true, but no negative things are ever true about someone else (same for positive stories). How can that be?

Some of us have been following for a long time and have good memory.

Anyway i wonder what the queen will wear for lockdown in da house trooping of the colour 😙 😁
Her fanciest velvet tracksuit 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I know she shops with them for kids clothes in supermarkets and those who spotted her commented on how very hands on she was with them and I know she allows them to run wild in their garden and get dirty and isn't afraid to let them be seen, either being grubby or in staged images and I know that her staff have nothing but good things to say about her, and palace staff are notorious gossips when their bosses are grumpy and crappy.
They are not saintly and don't pretend to be, they just get on with the job they have been alotted without whining and complaining, unlike the snarkles who did nothing but complain and whine about everything from smelly churches to press articles not recognising how amazing they are and who are now harassing the LAPD with their complaints.
As for Debbie sitting on her arse all day, that's nice for her, but Kate can't get away with that on account of having to fulfill royal enagements and represent the aging Queen along with the other royals who've had to take on extra charities and engagements that the lazy good for nothinng snarkles were supposed to be doing. I'm more than happy with how the royals are doing. Well, apart from Charles funding the freeloaders in LA. The sooner he cuts those two grifters loose the better. Bloody sick of helping fund their bid for Hollywood stardom. Lazy shites.

Where have I elevated her to sainthood:ROFLMAO: .I've said she just gets on with things, being a mother and doing royal engagements in the job she signed up for. She's as saintly as any other mother doing a job and rearing three kids, as in not saintly at all, just getting on with life.
I don't just dislike snarkle, I can't abide her in any way. Same with the big baby she married. Two wastes of oxygen frauds scrounging off the family she called toxic and couldn't wait to get away from.
Thisssss 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Sorry but not one of you can say if you were in Kate’s position you wouldn’t act the same 🙄 No need to hate on her just because she married a Prince, I’m sick of people assuming just because people are rich they’re lazy/goldigging because if any of you had the chance you’d also be living the high life with maids and nannies. Don’t hate on someone else’s circumstances just because they’re wealthy/royal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Thisssss 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Sorry but not one of you can say if you were in Kate’s position you wouldn’t act the same 🙄 No need to hate on her just because she married a Prince, I’m sick of people assuming just because people are rich they’re lazy/goldigging because if any of you had the chance you’d also be living the high life with maids and nannies. Don’t hate on someone else’s circumstances just because they’re wealthy/royal.
Criticism isn't hatred.

She married a prince in a country where a monarchy is still a thing, which means duties and public criticism.
Marry a German or French prince and then you have a right to a private, sweet life without such criticism.
(Though even then women have their duties to keep the palaces and everything affloat and learn the family history, so coasting isn't even there a thing. Same for British aristocracy, women work hard to keep the ancestral homes and don't just shop. The duchess of Northumberland is a great example.)
Marrying a prince isn't a fairytale in the real world.

It would be great if criticizing wouldn't be equated to "trolling" or "hatred" on the internet.
There's a stark difference between all 3 terms.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Criticism isn't hatred.

She married a prince in a country where a monarchy is still a thing, which means duties and public criticism.
Marry a German or French prince and then you have a right to a private, sweet life without such criticism.
(Though even then women have their duties to keep the palaces and everything affloat and learn the family history, so coasting isn't even there a thing. Same for British aristocracy, women work hard to keep the ancestral homes and don't just shop. The duchess of Northumberland is a great example.)
Marrying a prince isn't a fairytale in the real world.

It would be great if criticizing wouldn't be equated to "trolling" or "hatred" on the internet.
There's a stark difference between all 3 terms.
I agree, I just get the impression some posters seem to think it’s okay to bash her for ‘waiting around’ for William or saying she skives and just has another child every time she has to go back to work which I don’t agree with, just because she has the opportunity to have staff doesn’t mean she’s not hands on or lazy, because any poster here would take advantage of having staff if they had the opportunity. I’m not saying people can’t hate on her, just putting in my two cents for what I think :) does that make sense? I think I’ve understood your meaning but forgive me if I’m wrong, maybe ‘hating on’ was the wrong term for me to use.

Reactions: 11
Someone mentioned that this wedding wasn't going to happen due to Edo's cheating. If that were the case you'd think they'd just let it disappear wouldn't you?

She’s a royal - she’ll just be turning a blind eye and let him go with whoever he fancies, like they all do!
If it’s true though, its sad if she feels like she has to go through with the wedding.

It’s gotta be loungewear, surely! Or maybe some PJs, with ‘one is not a morning person’ written on the front in diamanté’s?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I agree, I just get the impression some posters seem to think it’s okay to bash her for ‘waiting around’ for William or saying she skives and just has another child every time she has to go back to work which I don’t agree with, just because she has the opportunity to have staff doesn’t mean she’s not hands on or lazy, because any poster here would take advantage of having staff if they had the opportunity. I’m not saying people can’t hate on her, just putting in my two cents for what I think :) does that make sense? I think I’ve understood your meaning but forgive me if I’m wrong, maybe ‘hating on’ was the wrong term for me to use.
My post wasn't just directly aimed at you, but having now read several times that some "hate on" the Cambs made me write. :oops:

Yes, I get what you're saying.
You're right, we'd all use loads of staff and help if we could, I think it's indisputable.

I think there's a lot of frustration and things "sitting badly" with people to know that their hard-worked for money goes towards a family and their luxurious upkeep and there's a sense of "not getting my money's worth" and also knowing that this person is one day going to be head of state but seems ill-prepared or not doing enough for that future role. Family pressure on a national level! (like "you're taking over the family business one day, you must study X", just the whole nation is invested in this case not just a family)

Then also of course people disagree on how some should've spent their time post-uni etc, which I think is more subjective.

Opinions are opinions, they're like arseholes, we all have them, what can ya do? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Complete venom for some and pure sugar for others. I hate both approaches and always say criticism is always fair, your own like or dislike shouldn't come into a topic - at least not heavily or in so far to cloud discussions (obvs we all have our feelings about people and snark is always fun, but jeez can't the discussion be a bit more honest with criticism and praise allowed when due? and just a little bit of objectivity?).

I have been to a few forums and the total adulation or total hatred is just jarring and don't dare say anything contrary to popular opinion or contrary to those who dominate a thread. Or opinion changes because a mod changed their opinion.
It's toxic and taxing and I left such places. That's why I also don't follow some threads at all or just a little on tattle.

And also when an article fits someone's narrative it must be true/a lie. :rolleyes:🤦‍♀️
All negative things about some people are true, but no negative things are ever true about someone else (same for positive stories). How can that be?

Some of us have been following for a long time and have good memory.

Her fanciest velvet tracksuit 🤪
You have put it much better than I could! This is exactly what I was getting at, im not trying to criticize either one of them (Meghan or Kate) but its the way things are posted with pure certainty, when infact its just an opinion swayed/biased because for instance the pure hatred for the other. It's very draining and doesnt add anything to the discussion because its talking with blinkers on and unable to see another's point of view.

We are all on here judging to a certain extent, gossiping, that what this place is for, but when things are said on here that is just pure speculation being presented as fact in order to stifle someone else's opinion then I dont think its good for the thread, it just stifles the discussion.

I think the pure hatred for one or the other is bonkers, people need to step back and pull themselves together abit! Like really! Why you so invested?!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My post wasn't just directly aimed at you, but having now read several times that some "hate on" the Cambs made me write. :oops:

Yes, I get what you're saying.
You're right, we'd all use loads of staff and help if we could, I think it's indisputable.

I think there's a lot of frustration and things "sitting badly" with people to know that their hard-worked for money goes towards a family and their luxurious upkeep and there's a sense of "not getting my money's worth" and also knowing that this person is one day going to be head of state but seems ill-prepared or not doing enough for that future role. Family pressure on a national level! (like "you're taking over the family business one day, you must study X", just the whole nation is invested in this case not just a family)

Then also of course people disagree on how some should've spent their time post-uni etc, which I think is more subjective.

Opinions are opinions, they're like arseholes, we all have them, what can ya do? 🤷‍♀️
Yeah completely agree with that, and to be honest, I don’t think anyone apart from Her Maj fully comprehends the national mood, I think they all duck up from time to time, are seen to be frivolous or two sheets to the wind. At least it’s William and Kate taking over, not Harry and Meghan 😂😳 those two are a whole other rancid kettle of fish 🤮

You have put it much better than I could! This is exactly what I was getting at, im not trying to criticize either one of them (Meghan or Kate) but its the way things are posted with pure certainty, when infact its just an opinion swayed/biased because for instance the pure hatred for the other. It's very draining and doesnt add anything to the discussion because its talking with blinkers on and unable to see another's point of view.

We are all on here judging to a certain extent, gossiping, that what this place is for, but when things are said on here that is just pure speculation being presented as fact in order to stifle someone else's opinion then I dont think its good for the thread, it just stifles the discussion.

I think the pure hatred for one or the other is bonkers, people need to step back and pull themselves together abit! Like really! Why you so invested?!
In agreement to all, especially your last line ...at the end of the day, if Kate wanted to wait around for wills after uni, who’s business is it anyway? 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thisssss 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

The Queen is our Head of State. Chosen completely undemocratically and not through merit. They are there on our say so and are paid for via our taxes. We pay huge amounts for security for them and many of them hold us in contempt. ( Prince Andrew for one) The Queen was forced to pay tax on her vast wealth relatively recently. Again, not wealth she has earned but wealth she has been given through being born into a family. How has her family even got its wealth? Do you know? Prince Charles pays for his kids because he is entitled to get a shed load of money through the dodgy dealings of the Dutchy of Cornwall. They are not self made millionaires who, as long as they pay their taxes and dont break the law can get on with it. We are entitled to question firstly whether we need an hereditary monarchy anymore and if we do have one, we are entitled to make sure they are doing something worthwhile instead of sitting on their arses complaining about their non existent workload. If they want the money and status they need to be held to account as public servants as any other public servant would be.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The Queen is our Head of State. Chosen completely undemocratically and not through merit. They are there on our say so and are paid for via our taxes. We pay huge amounts for security for them and many of them hold us in contempt. ( Prince Andrew for one) The Queen was forced to pay tax on her vast wealth relatively recently. Again, not wealth she has earned but wealth she has been given through being born into a family. How has her family even got its wealth? Do you know? Prince Charles pays for his kids because he is entitled to get a shed load of money through the dodgy dealings of the Dutchy of Cornwall. They are not self made millionaires who, as long as they pay their taxes and dont break the law can get on with it. We are entitled to question firstly whether we need an hereditary monarchy anymore and if we do have one, we are entitled to make sure they are doing something worthwhile instead of sitting on their arses complaining about their non existent workload. If they want the money and status they need to be held to account as public servants as any other public servant would be.
I get what you’re saying, of course people have the right to question it, in my comment I’m referring specifically to Kate and William, believe me I do question it especially people like Prince Andrew, however, like you say ‘we are entitled to make sure they are doing something worthwhile instead of sitting on their arses complaining about non existent workload’ what makes you think they are? To me, that comment is exactly my point, you’re assuming they’re lazy partly because they’re royal.. they do a great deal behind the scenes, and they have been very visible during this current crisis, and have done a great deal of work for mental health awareness among other things, and I’d bet money that article that came out the other day where Kate apparently moans of her massive workload now Meghan and Harry have buggered off is complete bullshit. I never said they shouldn’t be held accountable I literally only said I don’t think it’s right that Kate gets hate for having staff and having opportunities that others don’t 😅 maybe I’m biased bc I do love the royals, but even I have questioned their purpose and how much I actually do support them recently, especially since the Prince Andrew stuff among other things. I think there’s a lot of skeletons in the royal closet, and a duck ton more to come out in my lifetime, But in this context I have to defend William and Kate and say yes I do think we should have a monarchy.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Thisssss 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

But it's just gossip?? And the person you are quoting here went on a very infuriated rant against the Sussexes. It seems like Kate is above any criticism in some people's eyes!! If you don't like it you don't have to come into the thread????

Reactions: 8
But it's just gossip?? And the person you are quoting here went on a very infuriated rant against the Sussexes. It seems like Kate is above any criticism in some people's eyes!! If you don't like it you don't have to come into the thread????
I don’t think she’s above criticism just in my opinion the view that she should be slated for being privileged among other things is not justified. So if I don’t agree with Kate being criticised my opinion isn’t allowed? Oh right 🙄 I like to hear other people’s opinions, that’s what a debate is.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I don’t think she’s above criticism just in my opinion the view that she should be slated for being privileged among other things is not justified. So if I don’t agree with Kate being criticised my opinion isn’t allowed? Oh right 🙄 I like to hear other people’s opinions, that’s what a debate is.
I'm confused, you like to hear other people's opinions but you don't agree with Kate being criticised in a 'The Royal Family' thread of a gossip forum. So have you come here just to hear about how much we all love her??

Reactions: 10
I'm confused, you like to hear other people's opinions but you don't agree with Kate being criticised in a 'The Royal Family' thread of a gossip forum. So have you come here just to hear about how much we all love her??
I like to see what other people are thinking, but doesn’t mean I have to agree with it? I never said other people are wrong, just sharing my own personal opinions

There’s a difference between disagreeing with the criticism of her, ie thinking that what is being said is unjustified, and disagreeing with her being criticised, ie believing her to be perfect or beyond criticism. I think your confusion comes because you are assuming ChampagneBox means the latter, when in fact they mean the former.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Infuriated rant? :m So defending a young woman who's being ripped to shreds for daring to marry the bloke she's been in a relationship with for years is ranting? Blimey, you've lived a sheltered life.
Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't you the poster who accused Kate of often flashing her knickers at the press but could only come up with two examples (OK 4 but three were of the same incident)of the wind catching her dress while she was carrying her child down the steps of a plane and couldn't address the mishap? That's going pretty low seeking sticks to beat her with so there's no point trying to take the moral high ground when you're prepared to spend your time googling for images of Kate Cambridge's knickers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.