The Royal Family #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went on a tour of Windsor Castle a good few years ago, it was beautiful. At the time they had an exhibition of toys that had belonged to The Queen and Princess Margaret when they were young. The dolls house was a particular highlight.

Reactions: 6
Enjoyed the Sandringham one. You see the room where they lay our Christmas presents and watch the Queen's speech. And where they lunch. Also visited the local Church that they go to at Christmas.
Ooo this one sounds worth a visit! I didn't even know you could visit Sandringham

Reactions: 4
The beefeaters at the tower give excellent tours, if he ends up feeling brave enough! It’s one of my favourite places to visit. Hampton court is also excellent. Great gardens and they run fun tours with reenactors in costume. Sounds a bit lame but is actually great fun for all ages.
Hampton Court is really good. Im thinking of booking it and hoping he will just go along onto that bit. he does want to see the Crown jewels!

Reactions: 2
I’d love to get to the Isle of Wight and visit Osbourne House. It’s run by English Heritage these days I believe? From what I have seen in documentaries it’s a lovely place and an interesting insight into Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.

Reactions: 3
I’d love to get to the Isle of Wight and visit Osbourne House. It’s run by English Heritage these days I believe? From what I have seen in documentaries it’s a lovely place and an interesting insight into Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.
It is spectacular but go on a day when the weather is good. We went when it rained and we didn't get to see the beach and it was too crowded inside. To warn you it is quite dark as they prefer to keep sunlight out.

Reactions: 1
Ooo this one sounds worth a visit! I didn't even know you could visit Sandringham
I live about 90 minutes away. We had tickets booked for after Christmas for the lights walk that the Cambridges and the Wessexes got in trouble for going on, but it was obviously cancelled

Reactions: 1
Looks like the Cambridges have just joined YouTube.

I do the same and had the same concerns, but was told by my sister (linguistics degree) that it is a common occurrence. Apparently it's a psychological 'trick' to make your interlocuteur feel more at ease - assuming you don't overdo it and go say, full "Strewth mate, fair dinkum, I'll get the ute and bring round a few tinnies for the barbie" when meeting an Aussie - byt sounding more like people they are used to.
Very interesting! Happy to know the psychology behind it. And yes, it’s a good idea to keep it to a minimum 😉

Looks like the Cambridges have just joined YouTube.
I think that’s a master stroke for them from a PR perspective. They get to put things out that are potentially ‘candid’ and promote what they are doing but it’s in a very controlled way.

Reactions: 10
If you visit Balmoral , the Cairns in the ground are an amazing walk, Prince Albert's Pyramid is most spectacular!!!

I’ve been to Hampton Court and Osbourne House. Both are well worth a visit. 👌

I think that’s a master stroke for them from a PR perspective. They get to put things out that are potentially ‘candid’ and promote what they are doing but it’s in a very controlled way.
I think the same. A great way to control the ‘brand’ and also share more at the same time. Plus they were in lots of videos already on the Royal Family YouTube channel - zoom calls etc. Seems wise to move that stuff onto their account similar to the way The RF Instagram accounts work.

The instagram changed name too!

Reactions: 4
I think the same. A great way to control the ‘brand’ and also share more at the same time. Plus they were in lots of videos already on the Royal Family YouTube channel - zoom calls etc. Seems wise to move that stuff onto their account similar to the way The RF Instagram accounts work.

The instagram changed name too!
What did the Instagram change from and to?

I’ve been to Hampton Court and Osbourne House. Both are well worth a visit. 👌
I went to Hampton Court when I was studying GCSE History and I also loved it. I didn't realise a pulley was used to carry Henry VIII up the stairs in his heavier years!

• Wow
that's a lot of people. does this mean will and kate could interact with eugenie and jack and it'd be okay because they're from the same household or can you not stretch it that far?
I would imagine it’s more like living in a very luxe apartment building or small gated community. As they’re all pretty separate residences within the larger complex. So not one household as far as Covid rules go etc.

There’s a fair few people at St James’s Palace and Buckingham Palace too. Plus in the day it was far more common to have grace and favour apartments at all three palaces too, for retired courtiers etc. It’s all been streamlined over the years.

Oh! On the topic of both the palaces and who lives there, have found this blog from Historic Royal Palaces, who manage Hampton Court, about some of the old Grace and Favour residents of the Palace. https://blog.hrp.org.uk/hampton-court-grace-and-favour-residents/

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.