The Royal Family #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It almost seems a bit sensual (and inappropriate - this was my very first impression when I saw the picture).
I think describing a six year old girl as looking ‘sensual’ is highly worrying. I know we started sexualising girls young but I didn’t realise it was *that* young.

Reactions: 31
I doubt very much that Charlotte’s hair has been bleached OR retouched. Why would they change her hair colour for a photo?

I have two brunette children who get golden blonde streaks in their hair from the sun. It really is as simple and unremarkable as that.

Reactions: 35
Did anyone see Harry do his little speech at that event? His accent has a little American twang on one or two words, do accents change or adapt that quickly in anyone’s experience?

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I doubt very much that Charlotte’s hair has been bleached OR retouched. Why would they change her hair colour for a photo?

I have two brunette children who get golden blonde streaks in their hair from the sun. It really is as simple and unremarkable as that.
I don’t think retouched but rather that her natural lighter strands look really blonde as the whole photo was lighted up. I doubt she is that blonde in real life and it hasn’t been that sunny this year yet to make her this blonde. And compared to last year I highly doubt any amount of sun could. As I said the real dress is much darker too.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Did anyone see Harry do his little speech at that event? His accent has a little American twang on one or two words, do accents change or adapt that quickly in anyone’s experience?
I didn't see it but l did wonder if he managed to say anything useful 😆 l guess he has been over there for about 18 months so it's possible, but there was no trace in his earlier appearances.

• Haha
I think describing a six year old girl as looking ‘sensual’ is highly worrying. I know we started sexualising girls young but I didn’t realise it was *that* young.
FFS, there is a big difference between "sensual" and "sexual" and BTW, I have a parenting book that actually recommends ensuring that young children have "sensual experiences" - what is meant that they experience their senses, eg the wind on their skin, rain, cold/heat, different foods, music, movements etc.

I don't know why people jump at a word/phrase with so much enthusiasm, it almost seems like there is a desire to find something shocking (and I don't mean "sexual desire", just to make this clear)

Imo, the monarchy is going to survive longer than the EU, anyone that would want to join the Euro is a fool.
Why do you think that?

I must admit I’m confused about the EU comment as well. Several EU member states have monarchies, Spain, The Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and Denmark just off the top of my head. So if the U.K. were to rejoin, which I doubt, it wouldn’t make an ounce of difference. It’s far more like that the U.K. won’t exist in 20 years. Scotland will be gone, possibly Wales too and possibly a United Ireland. The landscape of this country will look very different I think and it will be interesting to see how the monarchy adapts to that.
Yes, quite a few EU member states have monarchies, but they have much less influence, capital, global reach and are less visible than the BRF.

All the countries you listed have the Euro, not the Pound with the Queen's Head on it. There is no "Royal" mail, "Royal Courts of Justice", virtual no political influence and much less money that goes to these monarchies.

I am not sure if they will re-join or if there will be a big overhaul of the EU (before COVID anti-EU sentiments had gone strong in many countries and while I like the idea of the EU a lot I think it has to change drastically to survive).
I don’t know if the monarchy in the EU will survive or not (even though I hope it does). But there are at least 6 countries with monarchs in the EU, so that’s no argument. I would think the BRF is actually pretty fundamental to the set up of the UK. I mean what would happen to the United Kingdom? Will it just disappear? Would Scotland use it as a convenient way to leave GB (not that they love the monarchy but it has been a binding factor), you would have to spend unbelievable amounts of money to replace signs, names of department, all down to pens, labled envelopes, business cards, change out all the cash.....the BRF wouldn’t suffer. They are rich, they own tons of land privately still. The whole British class concept will not be impressed as the royal family acts kind of outside it already. I think you can very well finance a massive BRF for another century if you really add it all up. That’s not too say the people shouldn’t get rid of them if they want to. But the idea it would somehow make society more fair or saves money is very likely not true.

Another point: the EU is probably very happy they don’t have to deal with Northern Ireland or Scotland. Other members have massive separatist movements but the EU has ignored them or taken the other side (Netherlands or Spain). So re-joining would basically end those movements in the UK. The EU will also not take on those countries is they would leave the UK to not build precedent cases.
Yes, I think there is a chance that the UK will shrink.
Some Commonwealth countries think of leaving, then there is the question around Ireland, Scotland and Wales even.

I don't think the EU will want Britain back - at least not under the same terms.
It is very difficult to do business with a different currency - I personally never understood why the EU accepted this. There is a risk attached to the exchange rate, a cost attached to the currency exchange - it is a pain.
If the EU allows Britain to come back I would assume that they would dictate the terms and I can well imagine that moving to the Euro is one of them.

I cannot see how Britain benefits from Brexit. Fishing? Wrong bet, exports down. Manufacturing and financial services? Same.
Even some sellers on Etsy have said that the orders fromEurope were down due to Brexit, as shipping takes longer and becomes more expensive.
This means that European players can move into the market.

Plus: Britain needs to deal with the Corona aftermath themselves, whereas the European countries an rely on each others....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I don't know that l want to read about Brexit to be honest. It's done for the foreseeable future. It had caused so much division. I don't see the benefit of revisiting in light of covid and climate challenges.

Reactions: 7

No they don't can take years for an accent to change depending how strong it is.

I agree, my hair always goes lighter in the sun. It’s also completely possible the photo was taken in good weather - good lighting/natural sunlight can also lighten up anyone’s hair.

No they don't can take years for an accent to change depending how strong it is.
See I know that my accent does, pretty quickly, directly mimic/take on bits if I'm surrounded by similar accents. Can be a bit embarrassing at times as it has seemed like I'm taking the p***. I think it does depend on the individual.

Reactions: 15
See I know that my accent does, pretty quickly, directly mimic/take on bits if I'm surrounded by similar accents. Can be a bit embarrassing at times as it has seemed like I'm taking the p***. I think it does depend on the individual.
I think it definitely depends on the individual. I haven't lived where I grew up in about twenty years, but still have that accent. It's never changed. My friend's family have a static caravan in the next county and if she goes there for the weekend, she comes back with a local accent!

• Haha
The gammon will never allow the monarchy to be abolished.

Say it happens during Charles' reign, how do you even go about making the family normal celebs or whatever? Where do they live, etc.

Reactions: 3
don't think the EU will want Britain back - at least not under the same terms.
It is very difficult to do business with a different currency - I personally never understood why the EU accepted this. There is a risk attached to the exchange rate, a cost attached to the currency exchange - it is a pain.
If the EU allows Britain to come back I would assume that they would dictate the terms and I can well imagine that moving to the Euro is one of them.
It took 40 years to negotiate our very good terms within the EU. If we were to rejoin, we would have to rejoin as a new country. That will also apply to an independent Scotland. The Euro and everything. I dont think will rejoin.I dont know what it has to do with the Monarchy either. They will likely be diminished by cou tries in the Commonwealth becoming Republics. Especially if Australia and Canada go. The Monarchy have nothing to do with the EU. I do hope we at least get a Eiropean style Monarchy rather than the old fashioned bloated version we have.

Reactions: 4
My cousin has the ability to sound more like a native of a place than the actual natives after a couple of days … she can even acquire a ’twang’ after just spending a bit of time with someone with an accent.

She is quite a good mimic, so I suppose it depends if a person has that kind of ear and how much they are surrounded by the ‘new’ accent.

The gammon will never allow the monarchy to be abolished.

Say it happens during Charles' reign, how do you even go about making the family normal celebs or whatever? Where do they live, etc.
That would be the least of it, really - Charles and Anne at least have privately owned residences completely separate from The Crown properties. I don’t think they’ll be troubling the Housing Association.

Reactions: 4
FFS, there is a big difference between "sensual" and "sexual" and BTW, I have a parenting book that actually recommends ensuring that young children have "sensual experiences" - what is meant that they experience their senses, eg the wind on their skin, rain, cold/heat, different foods, music, movements etc.

I don't know why people jump at a word/phrase with so much enthusiasm, it almost seems like there is a desire to find something shocking (and I don't mean "sexual desire", just to make this clear)

Why do you think that?

Yes, quite a few EU member states have monarchies, but they have much less influence, capital, global reach and are less visible than the BRF.

All the countries you listed have the Euro, not the Pound with the Queen's Head on it. There is no "Royal" mail, "Royal Courts of Justice", virtual no political influence and much less money that goes to these monarchies.

Yes, I think there is a chance that the UK will shrink.
Some Commonwealth countries think of leaving, then there is the question around Ireland, Scotland and Wales even.

I don't think the EU will want Britain back - at least not under the same terms.

I cannot see how Britain benefits from Brexit. Fishing? Wrong bet, exports down. Manufacturing and financial services? Same.
Even some sellers on Etsy have said that the orders fromEurope were down due to Brexit, as shipping takes longer and becomes more expensive.
This means that European players can move into the market.

Plus: Britain needs to deal with the Corona aftermath themselves, whereas the European countries an rely on each others....
I would advise you to look into Luxembourg. That monarchy might be small but in terms of real political power, they are the real deal!

Reactions: 6
Pretty sure this is a form of convergence. It's very likely that his accent has changed naturally even if he hasn't lived there for long

It's also likely that his accent may change depending on where he is/what he is speaking about. British accent for Britain, a somewhat American accent for America. British accent when talking about the past, and a more American accent when talking about now

Pretty sure this is a form of convergence. It's very likely that his accent has changed naturally even if he hasn't lived there for long

It's also likely that his accent may change depending on where he is/what he is speaking about. British accent for Britain, a somewhat American accent for America. British accent when talking about the past, and a more American accent when talking about now
Accents are fascinating … and upper class public school type accents are quite ‘drawly’ to start with.

Reactions: 3
I read Meghan stayed at home because she is pregnant. Begs the question why agree to do it. How pregnant is she? I guess she doesn't want anyone to know? She was papped though..l mean it's not Victorian times.

My cousin has the ability to sound more like a native of a place than the actual natives after a couple of days … she can even acquire a ’twang’ after just spending a bit of time with someone with an accent.

She is quite a good mimic, so I suppose it depends if a person has that kind of ear and how much they are surrounded by the ‘new’ accent.

That would be the least of it, really - Charles and Anne at least have privately owned residences completely separate from The Crown properties. I don’t think they’ll be troubling the Housing Association.
What would be the biggest issues?

Have the same problem. I’m a natural mimic and unless I make a conscious effort not to, almost immediately start speaking with the accent of those around me. It’s a big help in my profession as an opera singer however it can really upset people if they think you are mocking them. I’ve had to pull out my passport many times to prove where I am actually from. One whole side of my family has the same gift/curse it really just depends on how good of an ear you have for sounds and copying them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.