The Royal Family #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You just feel like Harry is now dammed no matter what he does. When he does get a job he’s not qualified etc and if he hadn’t have got a job he would be lazy and left under false pretences. He’s actually done what a lot of people do and taken a job he isn’t actually qualified for, the company know his credentials and are obviously happy with them and believe his niche skillset will suit their requirements.
It looks like the publicity aspect is certainly working as I’d never heard of them before and I bet other people hadn’t either.

Reactions: 16
You just feel like Harry is now dammed no matter what he does. When he does get a job he’s not qualified etc and if he hadn’t have got a job he would be lazy and left under false pretences. He’s actually done what a lot of people do and taken a job he isn’t actually qualified for, the company know his credentials and are obviously happy with them and believe his niche skillset will suit their requirements.
It looks like the publicity aspect is certainly working as I’d never heard of them before and I bet other people hadn’t either.
Exactly. And the same with Spotify and Netflix deals. Private company makes a shitload of money and give some of it to Prince Harry in return for something they want ( publicity, profile and subscribers) so we dont have to, none of my business.
Family who want to be supported by the Taxpayers to live a life of unbridled luxury in return for increasing donations to some charities and getting tourists into the UK (both points debatable) is all our business. https://www.charitytimes.com/ct/Royal-patronage-fails-to-boost-charities-income-report-finds.php

Other more qualified people will get jobs as a result if Harry manages to raise their profile and workload as he isnt qualified to provide mental Health support.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I feel Harry is only qualified for flipping burgers in McDonald's. And that is no disrespect to those that get up and go out to work.

He really has no brain, I would not employ him.

Reactions: 9
There are a lot of people in high profile roles that have no qualifications

I would say that Harry doesn't need mental health qualifications to promote mental wellbeing or to discuss mental health issues.
He served in the army, he clearly did a job there that he loved and those who served with him on various tours, enjoyed working with him and said he pulled his weight.

Who cares though, he wanted to be financially independent of the British taxpayer and that's what he's doing.

Good for him landing this job. He might turn out to be very good at it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes I’m not really concerned about whether he’s qualified or not. Good luck to his employers. The only thing I’m concerned about is that he doesn’t get another penny from me, a UK taxpayer.

Reactions: 13
That's lovely news about the Tindalls. Nearly every granddaughter/great-granddaughter has Elizabeth as a middle name so it's quite sweet to get two boys in a row with Philip as a middle name.
I know Zara is not a very royally royal but it's so surreal that the queen's granddaughter gave birth on the bathroom floor! 😂 That sounds like a nightmare to me so glad it all went fine!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hate the job snobbery going on. Plus intelligence isn't a sign someone is going to be good at a job or not.

Lovely news about the new baby. I love the more modern names coming into the royal family.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think mental health is a passion for Harry having experienced it himself and as well as his wife. Yeah it’s a bit annoying that another person has a good job based on an accident of birth but as long as him and his family aren’t taking any money from the taxpayers then good luck to him. Remember he was cut off so only has a few million to live on.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hate the job snobbery going on. Plus intelligence isn't a sign someone is going to be good at a job or not.

Lovely news about the new baby. I love the more modern names coming into the royal family.
I agree with you !! You could still have a person with degrees up to their eyeballs and still make duck ups!! They were not suitable for the position as they did have experience to work in certain environments!! They maybe brilliant in the classroom but when it comes to the real world just because it’s on paper doesn’t mean it’s going to work !

Reactions: 5
I feel Harry is only qualified for flipping burgers in McDonald's. And that is no disrespect to those that get up and go out to work.

He really has no brain, I would not employ him.
I find that a terrible attitude to be honest. For one lots of people who flip burgers at McDonald’s are highly intelligent and your statement does come across as disrespectful.
And as for Harry of course he has a brain, he wouldn’t be alive if he didn’t, I think it’s really unfair to assume he isn’t very clever. None of us actually know him or have ever had a conversation with him. And the Invictus games proves he can do a lot of good.
I do think Harry and Meghan have made mistakes but the level of hate against them seems absolutely ridiculous.

I can't complain about Harry getting a job at long last. Yes he obviously did get a step up the ladder because of who he is, but if he means he becomes reliant on his own income and not us, as taxpayers, then more power to him.
Also feel a bit snubbed by that McDonald's comment 😂 I worked there part time outside of my teaching hours and my husband worked there outside of his IT hours. I have a PGCE and he has his Masters degree, London is just very expensive and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to make ends meet!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

I would say that Harry doesn't need mental health qualifications to promote mental wellbeing or to discuss mental health issues.
He served in the army, he clearly did a job there that he loved and those who served with him on various tours, enjoyed working with him and said he pulled his weight.

Who cares though, he wanted to be financially independent of the British taxpayer and that's what he's doing.

People forget that he's very like his mother in character. Diana wasn't in the least bit academically bright but she had emotional intelligence in bags and knew how to draw publicity to causes that needed it. I'm old enough to remember the compete panic and fear over AIDS in the 1980s when people who were HIV+ were completely shunned; she went into hospital and in full view of the cameras shook the hand of an AIDS patient without gloves, bare skin to bare skin. She also held HIV+ children in her arms in the USA. That was completely mind-blowing at the time. Just about the last thing she did in her life was bringing world attention to minefields left over from wars and their horrific effect; look at the impact that attention and consequent clearance has had to developing countries.

Harry was the son who set up Sentabale as a very young man, even before Invictus. Whenever you see him with children, even then, he's very like his mother, hands on, and cuddling and gently teasing them. When the Obamas were in the White House and he was doing flying training in the USA, he made time to unexpectedly appear at a White House event for military children and they loved it. Even if they were too young to know exactly who he was, the video shows that children react positively to him. Even at the time he was getting attention for drunken high jinks, he was doing this sort of thing which I don't think was publicised in the UK. You also saw this side of him in Australia and New Zealand. I really don't think that William has this sort of automatic rapport; while he will do things for the homeless etc, it doesn't seem to have this emotional core but more intellectual duty.

• Heart
That's lovely news about the Tindalls. Nearly every granddaughter/great-granddaughter has Elizabeth as a middle name so it's quite sweet to get two boys in a row with Philip as a middle name.
I know Zara is not a very royally royal but it's so surreal that the queen's granddaughter gave birth on the bathroom floor! 😂 That sounds like a nightmare to me so glad it all went fine!
Something similar happened to me, and everyone normally thinks its really great when you have a super quick Labour, but I was in shock afterwards and had to be taken in for stitches because he came out so fast. My second son I had to lie and say my contractions were quicker than they were because I knew the time before I went from contractions every 10 minutes or so to fully dilated in about 20 minutes

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I concur

Reactions: 3
People forget that he's very like his mother in character. Diana wasn't in the least bit academically bright but she had emotional intelligence in bags and knew how to draw publicity to causes that needed it. I'm old enough to remember the compete panic and fear over AIDS in the 1980s when people who were HIV+ were completely shunned; she went into hospital and in full view of the cameras shook the hand of an AIDS patient without gloves, bare skin to bare skin. She also held HIV+ children in her arms in the USA. That was completely mind-blowing at the time. Just about the last thing she did in her life was bringing world attention to minefields left over from wars and their horrific effect; look at the impact that attention and consequent clearance has had to developing countries.

Harry was the son who set up Sentabale as a very young man, even before Invictus. Whenever you see him with children, even then, he's very like his mother, hands on, and cuddling and gently teasing them. When the Obamas were in the White House and he was doing flying training in the USA, he made time to unexpectedly appear at a White House event for military children and they loved it. Even if they were too young to know exactly who he was, the video shows that children react positively to him. Even at the time he was getting attention for drunken high jinks, he was doing this sort of thing which I don't think was publicised in the UK. You also saw this side of him in Australia and New Zealand. I really don't think that William has this sort of automatic rapport; while he will do things for the homeless etc, it doesn't seem to have this emotional core but more intellectual duty.
Well said. I think Harry and William are two VERY different personalities. Harry seems much warmer with people than William. You could see it when they did meet and greets, especially with children. Harry would be down on the floor with kids or playing ball with them, always on their level while William just stood by and, I always felt, almost looking down his nose at people. Harry was much more engaging.

A lot of people say that like Harry, William was young too when his mother died, but he seems to have come out of it okay. Well firstly, nobody knows whether he's 'okay' or not. I presume (and certainly hope) that both of them would have had counselling over the years and secondly as I said, William & Harry are two completely different personality types. Harry wears his heart on his sleeve a lot more.
William, like a lot of the royals is cold. Harry is very different.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well said. I think Harry and William are two VERY different personalities. Harry seems much warmer with people than William. You could see it when they did meet and greets, especially with children. Harry would be down on the floor with kids or playing ball with them, always on their level while William just stood by and, I always felt, almost looking down his nose at people. Harry was much more engaging.

A lot of people say that like Harry, William was young too when his mother died, but he seems to have come out of it okay. Well firstly, nobody knows whether he's 'okay' or not. I presume (and certainly hope) that both of them would have had counselling over the years and secondly as I said, William & Harry are two completely different personality types. Harry wears his heart on his sleeve a lot more.
William, like a lot of the royals is cold. Harry is very different.
I agree with both of you. William is embroiled in the Royal Family, and he is automatically protected as the heir. His experience is so different from Harry's. Apparently the Queen Mother used to only invite William and Charles to tea with her because they were the heirs. There are also those weird pictures of The Queen with Charles, William and George, as if to say ' look, we're born to Rule over you, even though one of us is only 8!' They are all brought up knowing the heir is the most important and the rest are superfluous. So of course William is not goingvto rock the boat or be more like his mother. He is a Windsor first and foremost and they protect him like they font protect Harry.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
To compare two spares:

Harry also made visits to injured US servicepeople while in the USA and attended the Warrior Games before going on to set up the international version in Invictus. Again, servicepeople of another country reacted well to him showing no side and talking as an equal.

Compare that to the naval career of his n0nce uncle - anyone aware that Andrew only left the RN in 2001 after 'working' for years in Whitehall, and subsequently getting promoted to vice-admiral? Did he actually do anything for the services? That would be a big fat nope. He was loathed by them. Andrew is the spare second son of a monarch, which Harry will also be when his grandmother dies. I don’t think that Andrew's achievements remotely live up to Harry's, even before Epstein et al.

• Heart
Thanks to everyone for explaining it so much more eloquently than me, this thread is the only place I ever see balanced discussions around the Royal Family and especially Meghan and Harry. It’s great and I really enjoy it ❤

• Heart

I worked with someone who had a breakdown in front of me!! I was able to handle him when it happened.He worked in the corporate world and is now an mental health advocate!! Has no mental health qualification, but has raised awareness via a charity he set up. Actually has done wonders!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I agree partially, I think Harry USED to be warm and engaging whereas William is cold.

Nowadays I mostly see him looking sad, or at his feet, or angry. Not sure what's happened there.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.