Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I just noticed that the Sussexes were quite evasive -
Didn't name the person that made the remark about their kids skin, and also didn't say what it was that Kate did to make Meghan cry. Didn't say exactly what Meghan asked for to help her mental health. Didn't name the person at Sentabale that warned Harry about the media. Didn't say what the outing of Kate and Meghan together at Wimbledon was meant to be ("it is not what it looked like" - but what was it???).

this is terrible. They just made a lot of smoke and gained lots of attention, but didn't provide many answers.

Reactions: 54

sephylily

VIP Member
There was definitely social distancing when Kate went and very little mask wearing.

In all honesty I couldn't give a fuck whether it was a photo opp or not. She turned up when she didn't have to and it gave a legitimacy to the proceedings. I find it baffling that people can abuse Kate for this. She didn't have police protection until she was 29. She was a woman on London's streets. She knows what it's like to be a woman.

Edit: would also like to add that she appears to be getting destroyed on twitter. There was no way this was ever going to be good PR. It's disturbing to see so many who are in support of women being able to feel safe on their streets abusing another women because she turned up to support the cause.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I always find the relationship between him and William interesting. Me and my younger sister were roughly the same age as they were when our mum died (we were a year younger then them both). We were very close but what strained our relationship was that I felt I had to behave a certain way, be the "adult" and get on with stuff whereas my sister seemed to be able to grieve and act out in ways that I wanted to. We are close now but for years we were quite distant and even estranged for a few years. I wonder if Will has some resentment that Harry can behave like this and act on his anger but William has to behave as he is online to the throne.

Im doing what I hate others doing (armchair psychology) 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

thegirlscout

VIP Member
The one thing that annoyed me, and I’d love to hear others opinions on this cause it could just be me, is that Oprah asked a lot of leading questions relating to race. For example when they were dating, Harry mentioned something along the lines about there being a lot of interest and Oprah questioned if it was because of race and he said because of who he is, then the question about whether Archie was refused a title because of his race and also when Meghan said she couldn’t make peace with the toxic atmosphere and Oprah questioned if it was because of race. I fully believe racism paid a very big part but the way Oprah asked these questions, it almost made me feel like she was forcing the word into their answers. I’m not familiar with her interviewing style so I’m not sure if this is how she always talks to people but I just kept noticing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

JudithKuntz

I watched the footage of Kate at the Clapham Common vigil. She was the only one there not wearing a mask and not socially distancing either. Ffs putting photo opportunity above public health
Actuallly, she wasn’t the only one not wearing a mask. You are not actually required to wear them when walking outside & not planning any interactions. So settle down. And it was filmed by a journalist with a phone, btw.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

JulesyEire

Chatty Member
I just noticed that the Sussexes were quite evasive -
Didn't name the person that made the remark about their kids skin, and also didn't say what it was that Kate did to make Meghan cry. Didn't say exactly what Meghan asked for to help her mental health. Didn't name the person at Sentabale that warned Harry about the media. Didn't say what the outing of Kate and Meghan together at Wimbledon was meant to be ("it is not what it looked like" - but what was it???).

this is terrible. They just made a lot of smoke and gained lots of attention, but didn't provide many answers.
Basically they are shite stirring!!

Reactions: 36

Gembo

VIP Member
Just my opinion but it’s starting to look a bit petty and bitter leaking details of their conversations to Gayle King. Tacky also. Do they want to mend bridges or not? For the rest of the royal family I think it would make me nervous to want to talk to them knowing that it’s not private. They‘ve said their piece to Oprah, I find this just so unnecessary and unproductive.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

sephylily

VIP Member
it's becoming very, very clear that kate and william will be abused for months on end now no matter what they do. they honoured diana in last year's mother's day post and nobody had an issue but this year everyone does. i just watched a video of william and diana together when she was alive and it really upset me that people are acting like he too can't grieve for his mother. if this was harry, people would be falling over themselves going ahh archie is so cute. there would be no discussion of what ulterior motives he had. i didn't even particularly dislike meghan before this interview and now i really am angry at her. harry i have always disliked because his racism has always been skimmed over and i feel he has been favoured by the wider public. i can't imagine what hate you must have for your family to release a video claiming all sorts about your family and not once address your wife's family who have been giving public, negative interviews about your wife since you were engaged to be married.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
I think of Sarah Everard who died after being snatched from the street whilst innocently walking home.

Harry and Meghan talk a lot about giving women a voice.
How about speaking up about this, and listening to our voice?

They have no idea about women working on minimum wage, walking home after a shift as a nurse, barmaid, waitress.
Getting off a bus at midnight and having to walk 5 minutes to their house. Cabs hate to take you.
Give them a voice?
Harry, Meghan and Oprah from your big mansions, complaining that the taxpayer will not pay for your security when you choose to leave the UK.

How do expect the Met police to come to California and protect you both. They have family in the UK.

Both extremely entitled.

Go away and never come back.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Off topic but anyone else fed up of piers Morgan appointing himself the queen's spokesman. Lizzie can speak for herself and if she can't I doubt she wants piers to do it for her!
Yes. If he had that much respect for the Royals he shouldn't have hacked their phones, should he?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

lalalanded

VIP Member
I found it odd that she said she never read anything about herself........... and then complained about the story about her making Kate cry.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Bloody hell, Mind released a statement about Piers Morgan’s treatment of Meghan in the interview.
649D6B2A-7EC5-4C9A-B2B8-F59E859A4DC8.png

I saw this floating around on social media and I really agree with it. Piers Morgan doesn’t align with what ITV says about itself. He needs to face some sort of repercussions for his behaviour.

05D796EB-4D1B-415D-A21B-60A48993F0F6.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 31

lalalanded

VIP Member
She went from actress on a cable show, to high profile, new marriage, pregnant, lots of protocol she didn't understand, the culture shock will have been huge. I'd be amazed if she wasn't made unwell by the enormity of it all, all in the public eye. H&M haven't said it that way, loads of blame chucked around, things like the secret wedding already exposed as more exaggeration. What a mess.

The racist conversation, I've been wondering if that was part of one or more conversations William had with Harry at the start. It's clear Harry is not exactly bright or self aware, William probably knew his character flaws... Maybe he was laying everything out to him, have you thought of x y and z. We already know the early conversation they had about Meghan didn't go well, take it slowly etc. Just a thought.
I personally think the interview was a big dig at Charles, William and Kate. And I kind of think that's spiteful. Whilst I understand she will have been totally overwhelmed by her new life I just cannot accept that she was a wide eyed innocent going into it. She was an established woman in her 30s who had a career, a previous marriage and her own life. Even if you have no interest in the monarchy, you know what that sort of life entails - loss of privacy, tabloid frenzies and keeping a stiff upper lip. There is so much about their story that just does not ring true.

Reactions: 30

Bostonxx

VIP Member
I did type ponce with an n, apparently you can't use that word here. Anyways he's a big pedalo

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I think the cards are William’s way of speaking out and reminding people he also lost his mother. It’s incredibly difficult being part of the RF as they can’t retaliate to the Oprah interview, however if they are going into PR mega drive then good for them. I’d imagine William being angry that they mentioned Kate by name especially as she hasn’t put a foot wrong and is very loyal.

Reactions: 29

Emsie

VIP Member
I adore Kate for attending the vigil that wasn't a vigil. The irony of her attending with security makes me feel a bit urgh though I completely get that she couldn't attend without security. This is the kind of thing we need to see the younger royals supporting (which I think would have been right up Harry and Meghans Street tbh) I think Kate absolutely did the right thing here.

Reactions: 29