The Royal Family #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is preventative chemotherapy what chemotherapy normally is? I’m not sure on the distinction being made, if any

Reactions: 2
And people believe this? the same PR team with all those photoshopped posts ! OK cool, but also Prince Andrew doesn't sweat either? Right ?
Oh come off it. What would they gain from lying about having cancer?

Reactions: 45
Is preventative chemotherapy what chemotherapy normally is? I’m not sure on the distinction being made, if any
It is a form of usually slightly less nasty chemo used to mop up any stray cancer cells that might be lurking somewhere.

Reactions: 17
There is also palliative which is when the cancer cannot really be treated but it can slow it down and extend the quality of life.

Reactions: 1
I really hope she’s ok and I hope the first thing she does when she’s well is get a whole new PR team. A two line statement that she was going to take longer to recover a month or so and no dodgy photo and there would have been minimal speculation. Yes everyone is entitled to privacy - there’s been very little speciation about Charles cancer - but when your role is public something has to give a little. And social media makes what we may all have nattered about around the water cooler in the office into a big national talking point. And now she’s had to do a big video giving more away than she should have had too.

I do believe that most of the speculation came from a place of concern

Reactions: 14
Of course everyone’s going to be holier than thou now but people were always going to speculate and gossip and they know that. Awful PR but I feel for her and hope she’ll be ok

Reactions: 10
Funny how all those who were coming up with conspiracy theories are now blaming the Palace PR for forcing Kate to release a video statement… 🙄

Reactions: 38
I really hope she’s ok and I hope the first thing she does when she’s well is get a whole new PR team. A two line statement that she was going to take longer to recover a month or so and no dodgy photo and there would have been minimal speculation.
I think you’re being naive. People have been saying she’s had a nervous breakdown, that William has fathered a child, that she and William were just being lazy, that she was DEAD… a statement saying “Oh actually she’s going to be recovering for a while longer” would just have stoked the flames of speculation

Reactions: 32
Funny how all those who were coming up with conspiracy theories are now blaming the Palace PR for forcing Kate to release a video statement… 🙄
I think they had to say something now, whatever. It’s getting round to the time when theoretically according to their own press release she should be starting back with public appearances. Not being on the Easter Sandringham walk, for arguments sake, would just have sent the speculation into overdrive.

Reactions: 13
They should have told the truth from the start instead they chose to stay silent while the whole world was getting scammed by them.
They did though. They said in January she'd had major surgery thought to be non cancerous and was taking time to recover.

She has had major surgery that was initially thought to be non cancerous and was taking time to recover. They've found out in february that the specimen removed came back as cancer. She'd taken time to tell her kids properly.

Self reflect on why you desperately wanted this to be her being murdered/abused/cheated on rather than giving her that time.
---
of course they aren't - watch them go up a gear
They're saying it's the palace's fault for making them think this.

Reactions: 40
I think you’re being naive. People have been saying she’s had a nervous breakdown, that William has fathered a child, that she and William were just being lazy, that she was DEAD… a statement saying “Oh actually she’s going to be recovering for a while longer” would just have stoked the flames of speculation

Quite possibly but it did all really kick off after the photo and I do think people were worried for her - and that’s ok for us to do isn’t it? Yes it all got very silly but I think people got carried away with the idea of a missing princess and the scandal of it rather than thinking about all the tit in the world. I know I did but it genuinely came from a place of I hope she’s ok and that family have been bloody cruel to wives before. There’s probably a research paper could be written about the past few weeks of madness.

Reactions: 10
I think they had to say something now, whatever. It’s getting round to the time when theoretically according to their own press release she should be starting back with public appearances. Not being on the Easter Sandringham walk, for arguments sake, would just have sent the speculation into overdrive.
The could have released a statement but Kate had no choice but to do a video to stop all the ludicrous speculation that she was dead or William had beaten her up!
Shameful.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
What sort of cancer would it have been if she's had abdominal surgery?
Literally any abdominal organ. Liver, spleen, kidney, adrenals, bowel, pancreas, ovary, cervix, uterine, rectal, anal...

Really not appropriate to speculate. She's had enough speculation on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
The could have released a statement but Kate had no choice but to do a video to stop all the ludicrous speculation that she was dead or William had beaten her up!
Shameful.
Notice it was done in front of the daffodils too so people wouldn’t say ‘this could have been recorded any time’ etc etc

• Sad
Reactions: 35
Shameful.
I think it was the one thing about it they got right, to be honest. It was apparently recorded on Wednesday and I like to think it was done on her own terms. Now they can pull up the drawbridge.

Reactions: 17
And people believe this? the same PR team with all those photoshopped posts ! OK cool, but also Prince Andrew doesn't sweat either? Right ?
that's pretty poor taste- why would someone lie about having cancer ffs

Reactions: 32
Quite possibly but it did all really kick off after the photo and I do think people were worried for her - and that’s ok for us to do isn’t it? Yes it all got very silly but I think people got carried away with the idea of a missing princess and the scandal of it rather than thinking about all the tit in the world. I know I did but it genuinely came from a place of I hope she’s ok and that family have been bloody cruel to wives before. There’s probably a research paper could be written about the past few weeks of madness.
They weren't worried for her. They were concern trolling to try and apply pressure.

Reactions: 19
I bet it will just bee some generic non-announcement: 'much speculation, thanks for well wishes, understands concern, continues to recover well and is expected back after Easter, blah blah blah'.
Ah bollocks. I hate being wrong.
She’s the same age as me and we were pregnant at the same time. I really feel for her. What a bleeping tit thing to be going through.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.