The Royal Family #46

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Charles, still cared for her and was doing it for their children.
I remember hearing that they'd sorted their differences out by that point too and were co-parenting well. They were alright as 'friends' with the children in common keeping them in each others lives but not as spouses.

Reactions: 20
By the point of Diana’s untimely death Charles and her were perfectly friendly and kind to one another.

Reactions: 9
I’ve only skimmed read, but has there been any sightings of the kids been taken to school?
I think the whole thing is really off, and there is something brewing!
It was said a few times in the last thread that the kids haven't been at school since this all started in January.

Reactions: 5
Also in 1981 most people didn’t get married by 20!
It wasn't uncommon though, I had friends that did in the late 80s / early 90s and my brother married a 21 year old in 1986. I was in school in the 80s and lots of us dated men quite a bit older than ourselves, not saying that it was right and that things haven't moved on but it was definitely quite common and not thought of as odd
---
It was said a few times in the last thread that the kids haven't been at school since this all started in January.
I keep seeing this stated but where has this come from? Is it verifiable fact or a rummour that's out of hand? Or do we really just not know?

Reactions: 12
Were the children regularly seen on the school run before? Or is it just that they haven’t been seen now - which is usual but it’s become a ‘thing’.

Reactions: 7
I really don’t think it can be under estimated just how much society changed during the Queen’s reign. When she came to the throne in the 1950’s it was still Pathe news at the pictures and she was shown as a young, shy woman with a handsome sailor husband surrounded by elder statesmen. The Royal Family didn’t have to actually do anything, they just had to be. Even in the 1960’s people were standing up in their own homes for the National anthem when BBC went off for the night. I would say the Silver Jubilee of 1977 was the point when ‘old’ came crashing up against ‘new’ … and then the next 20 years was a fast track free for all. There’s no wonder they were a bit discombobulated. For an institution that had trucked along pretty much the same for centuries and where changes were carried out at glacial speed it must have been a head spin.

(People’s Princess was just Tony Blair wanting his soundbite moment).
I often wonder if Diana haunted Tony for the posthumous demotion from Queen of Hearts to The People’s Princess

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The photo of Carole and Kate was said to have been taken on the school run
Oh please, no one was doing a school run in that photo. I have only speculation that the children havent been to school this year, who knows the truth but I really don’t believe that photo is showing the ‘school run’. No way.

Reactions: 17
Why would the children not be going to school? Is there any evidence of that at all? Surely the Nannys are taking them.

Reactions: 10
The photo of Carole and Kate was said to have been taken on the school run
Yeah, it was said this photo was her on the school run, which was how it was sold by the photographer apparently.

It’s only since the weekend when people have decided to speculate that they’re not at school because they’re grieving for their Mum in private (🙄) that this rumour has come about.

((I don’t care if that eye roll is judgy btw. If you think Kate is dead and they’re hiding this from the public you’re mental IMO. However fringe theory is totally rational and probably exactly what’s happened 😇))

Reactions: 17
Why would the children not be going to school? Is there any evidence of that at all? Surely the Nannys are taking them.
I agree. I can’t see why they would keep the children out of school from Christmas to Easter.

Reactions: 12
If that was Princess Catherine doing the school run with her mum, why does shes look totally different a week later on Mothers day? Shes not dead, thats stupid, and I do believe she should be left alone as she is obviously unwell but KP really are treating the general public as idiots.

Reactions: 21
If that was Princess Catherine doing the school run with her mum, why does shes look totally different a week later on Mothers day? Shes not dead, thats stupid, and I do believe she should be left alone as she is obviously unwell but KP really are treating the general public as idiots.
I agree with this. The rumours of no school genuinely started from people claiming she’s dead though.

My two cents is that the picture probably isn’t actually from last week which is why they won’t release the original because the meta data would show that. She’s probably not feeling confident in her looks after surgery and doesn’t want to be seen. She looked puffy in the pap shot (which much more beautiful then I would look after surgery though!).

I also think she should be left alone. Some of the comments I’ve seen online are mental. On Sunday before this whole photoshop stuff started there were people on the Daily genuinely demanding to see her stomach for proof of an opp, and claiming they had a right to see her medical records from birth. Delulu.

Reactions: 23
Why though when he was her ex husband? Why wasn’t it just her own family that went?

I remember it and remember a lot of people thinking it odd he was so involved when they had divorced.
I don't remember it that way at all. The opposite in fact. Charles would have been annihilated if he hadn't gone (and William and Harry would never have forgiven him. )

I do remember lots of 'outcry' as to why TRF weren't on public display weeping and wailing. There was talk about flags not being at half mast at Royal premises but the reason was that she was not Royal so why would they? It was protocol at the time.

I think if TQ and PP had of had their way, they'd have stayed in Scotland with the boys and Diana would have had a private, family funeral but again, the public demanded a state funeral. I don't remember any particular outcry at the time to the boys walking behind the coffin. It was all about 'oh those poor boys' one minute and then 'where are they? We want to see them?' the next.

I think it was really sad when it was either Harry or William said they were consoling members of the public over the death of their mother. Ludicrous.

Reactions: 39
I don't remember it that way at all. The opposite in fact. Charles would have been annihilated if he hadn't gone (and William and Harry would never have forgiven him. )

I do remember lots of 'outcry' as to why TRF weren't on public display weeping and wailing. There was talk about flags not being at half mast at Royal premises but the reason was that she was not Royal so why would they? It was protocol at the time.

I think if TQ and PP had of had their way, they'd have stayed in Scotland with the boys and Diana would have had a private, family funeral but again, the public demanded a state funeral. I don't remember any particular outcry at the time to the boys walking behind the coffin. It was all about 'oh those poor boys' one minute and then 'where are they? We want to see them?' the next.

I think it was really sad when it was either Harry or William said they were consoling members of the public over the death of their mother. Ludicrous.
I find it strange when people say things like "the public" demanded this or that. Most of us didn't and thought it was a tit show at the time. I did feel that it was very strange that her ex husband's family took over and disgraceful that they were forced into this. In the normal world her own family would have dealt with it all with some level of support being provided to the boys by their dad and his extended family. This isn't being said with the benefit of hindsight, all my peer group were saying this at the time and couldn't understand how we ended up where we did.

Reactions: 11
Well if you look back at the footage from the time, millions thought very differently. To say she milked the public for sympathy is something I never saw. She was hugely more popular than any of the rest of them who were seen as a stuffy institution and not in touch with the public and Di wasn’t called the People’s Princess for no reason. She made bad choices as we all do in life, but I wonder how things would have been if Charles hadn’t been chasing his bit on the side instead of concentrating on his marriage. It may even have given the boys a stable upbringing if he had. He was too busy telling Camilla he wished he was a tampon to be with her! We all have long memories of the time. Tampongate was enough to put me off Charles for life. No wonder royalty is becoming less relevant to the under 30s
I think you are viewing it through rose tinted spectacles.
Prior to her death, Diana was starting to irritate the majority of the public and media.
She was courting the press more than ever. She even swam over from Dodi’s yacht to the journalists/photographers and said something along the lines of “you won’t believe what’s coming next.” Sadly she died before we found out.

I remember waking up on the Sunday morning, switching on the TV to see a clip of Charles and Diana’s wedding. I even sighed to my husband “oh God, what’s she done now?”
Had she not died I’m pretty sure the tide was turning as many were fed up with her self publicity and her “doe eyed” innocent look if she was ever questioned.
Yes there was a huge outpouring of grief. Regardless of how annoying she’d recently become, she was still a young woman in her prime who left 2 young boys without a mother.

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.