Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hannah123

VIP Member
So she’s well enough to be in a car with W today but couldn’t have done a short video with the kids ready to release yesterday. I’m absolutely of the belief that all is not well with their marriage.
Maybe she doesn’t want to release a video? It’s one thing to sit down and smile for a few clicks of the camera, but it’s another if she’s still in pain or too tired to sit and speak to a camera.

The obsession and demands for her to release videos, go on live TV or provide all the answers is the same attitude that had Diana chased to her death. If she’s still in hiding after Easter I think the press have a right to ask questions, but it’s still early March. It’s very insidious that people are speculating she’s dead, in a coma or gleefully clapping that a marriage could be over, all whilst she just wants to recover and be left alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Boring Monday

VIP Member
From what I can gather, and I might have hold of the wrong end of the stick, the mistake they made was sending it to the news agencies who have a policy for what is acceptable editing, and who fact check. If they had just left it to be picked up from their Instagram account and bypassed the agencies it wouldn‘t have come up.

Filouette

Chatty Member
My opinion is that it’s an old pic of Kate and the shopped the kids in. Badly.
No. You'd notice because the lighting would be off. You can't just mix and match old and new pics. That would be glaringly obvious due to lighting.

They used multiple shots from the same shoot and corrected poses or facial expressions or whatnot to get a shot in which everyone looks good at the same time. And they simply didn't do it properly.

moldwarp

VIP Member
It’s an incredibly scary society we now live in where anyone can say anything online and it’s taken as fact. It’s even scarier that people believe it. The amount of false accusations and claims that have been thrown around in the past 2 months is wild. I could sit here now and post that I don’t know “I have a friend whose kids go to the school and blah blah blah” when the reality couldn’t be further from the truth. If you can’t fact check a claim then chances are there’s no fact to it. It’s wild out there.
People have always done this though? Like in Henry VIII's time the official line on his first marriage was that it had been found out to be a sham and a sin and would therefore be amicably annulled and he would marry a gracious intellectual lady called Anne Boleyn who would be a maternal queen to her beloved nation. Meanwhile in the pubs and alleys of London the gossip and chat was that Katherine was menopausal and vengeful, Henry couldn't get it up with her anymore and Anne, egged on by her power hungry fam, wouldn't let him have sex with her until he married her, and the Pope was so pissed off about it all that the holy Roman emperor was threatening to invade.

Subsequent evidence showed that the evil little gossipers were closer to the truth than the official version.

I appreciate that the speed and ubiquity of social media makes everything worse and magnifies it times a million but that doesn't change the central fact that often the official version is a pile of codswallop.

• Heart

Spurgyrose

They're under so much scrutiny that all the children need to have the perfect smiles else headlines will be made.

With everything going on around them at the moment I think they decided to not spend an hour to get the perfect shot and made do. Maybe it shouldn't have been submitted to these media agencies if it breaks their standards? I don't know what these are and if they never publish combined photos.
Jesus, how misbehaved are these kids if it takes an hour to get one decent shot of them on digital cameras 😂 be for real now

A kill notice is extremely rare, the level of manipulation was, as such, extremely high. They may have even requested the raw file to do a comparison. In all likelihood they probably pasted Kate’s head on someone else’s body.

It’s not several of the same shots pasted together because let’s be real, it doesn’t take that much to get a decent photo of kids who are very used to being photographed.

moldwarp

VIP Member
I feel like, if it is a divorce, it's a nasty as hell one. Maybe Kate had some sort of breakdown or worse on 28 December hence being rushed to hospital as has been claimed. @Lammington I hear you that her actions seem odd as opposed to a quiet divorce but the women of the RF are sometimes so trapped that they have to do odd things to signal to the world that they are in distress. Diana certainly went out of her way to signal clearly to the world that she was desperately unhappy way before the separation and eventual divorce were announced. I feel like maybe Kate is just fed up of playing the game and maybe at the end of her mental tether.

In a way I would prefer divorce to a serious illness because, for all they tried to portray it as 'planned surgery', actual events are not giving 'medical issue that's totally under control' vibes at all. If it is medical, then it seems...alarming.

To all those saying how bad their PR has been, the fact of the matter is they don't have very good PR people because they don't pay enough. The best PR people in the world are advising the likes of the Saudi RF's business interests, Apple, Meta etc because those are essentiaily private enterprises that will pay £100k per month to the world's best PR agencies. The RF could never get away with spending that much so they're stuck with double-barrelled chinless wonders who went to Eton before doing a short course in PR and don't really know their arse from their elbow.

• Heart

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
I honestly thought that statement about shoddy editing was a parody account when I first saw it on my twitter feed. 😳

• Haha

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
People saying 'who doesn't edit photographs, we all do it' are not getting it....THEY ARE THE ROYAL FAMILY FGS, if we lose the trust in them then who can we trust!
Why are we trusting them just because they are the “royal” family? They have form throughout history of deceiving the general public. They are no better than politicians.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

stardust21

VIP Member
It’s probably been photoshopped because Charlotte had mark’s on her sleeve from a chocolate milkshake or something. She’s a kid. It’s not a big deal. People really need to calm the heck down 😂

Also, I live in Surrey, and am within 25 miles radius of Windsor. I can confirm we definitely have leaves and greenery. The cherry blossom was out on Feb because it’s been so mild!

grace28

Chatty Member
It’s getting stranger by the day.

The statement just made it worse as I think it’s become obvious there isn’t a recent unedited picture to release.

Plus her suddenly making an appearance in the royal car but not looking directly at the camera is a bit fishy.

Once the sharks smell blood they’ll keep circling. I think we might get some form of announcement in the next few days

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I don’t believe that M&H were sacrificed to protect W&K; I think the Sussex’s have been the architects of their own undoing.

The press have been kinder to W&K in recent years though, and in my view it’s because they’re becoming closer to the throne and the media are maybe having to tread a little more respectfully in order to have a relationship of sorts with them, going forwards. Also Harry has massively riled the media and the press always go after anyone who tries to get one over on them.

I don’t personally believe the Wales’ marriage is in trouble; I think Kate has had a health crisis of some kind.

So in this instance I think she should be allowed some privacy.

But my sympathy for her is limited, because she had a heck of a long time to get the know the man she was intent on marrying, the family she was marrying into, and what her life would be like.

She absolutely chose to go with it.

In my view, the Wales’ are every bit as intent on tearing up the Royal rule book as the Sussex’s were; they’re just taking the softly and slowly approach, and - up till now - have had a better PR team working to hide their laziness and profligacy (didn’t they have a brand new kitchen installed in one of their houses, only to completely change it shortly afterwards? And had the grounds ripped up and tennis courts installed?
No way do they have the common touch that they pretend to have!
I think the main problem for William now is that there is no one to hide behind. Anne has never played the tit for tat PR game and Edward and Sophie seem to have settled into the same. Andrew is out in the cold and by and large silent/ced. Charles is ill and Camilla rehabilitated. Any faux pas can’t be distracted from with a ‘but - Harry’. Something has obviously changed because I refuse to believe a PR team for the royal family could get this bad almost overnight.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Prince Edward has really become steady Eddie.

I think he was a bit lost in his 20/30's but then he married Sophie, accepted his lot and found his peace and position.

Honeystar

VIP Member
Yes. And while I like both couples, i’m not keen on William but then, I don’t hate him… I just don’t think he’s as nice as the media make him
out to be! I do think they push a narrative and share far more positive stories about him than Harry, purely because he’s the future King. It’s not personal to Harry. It’s just Williams status in life. I don’t get why some on the threads act like Kate and Wills are Prince Charming and Cinderella. I mean how many on here wouldn’t be surprised if they announced a divorce in a few years. I wouldn’t be! It must be so bloody hard to keep that “perfect couple” act up!
---
I’ve also had abdominal surgery on two occasions and I was up and about within 6 weeks. I was back at work 10 weeks after a c-section. I wasn’t privately cared for. Yes, we all recover at different stages but if it was planned surgery, as they’re saying, she would be ok by now. So something was seriously wrong, went seriously wrong during it or they’re lying. I think there are some people getting awfully uptight about others disbelieving them. They don’t have the best track record when it comes to truth telling. It’s only natural people are curious and cynical. It’s not a crime to question it. Especially on here.
I mean, she IS up and about - she wouldn’t have been in the car for starters. I imagine she has been pottering around the house for weeks now. There’s a huge difference between being recovered enough to be pottering around, doing the school run etc and being ready to be on public display, walking around, meeting people, under intense spotlight. It’s only been 8 weeks since her major abdominal surgery, so by your comparison she still has another 2 until she should be back at work anyway? And if she does return just after Easter it would have only been 12 weeks altogether

• Heart

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I can quite believe Kate has edited the photo especially if William was behind the camera. Men are usually terrible at taking photos if you blink or turn in a way that exposes your double chin they’ll manage to capture it.

• Haha

gummy-bear

VIP Member
I fully believe that he has had an affair or affairs in the past. No proof at all but my own opinion.
I do think they will divorce at some point but I think they’re scrambling to try and save face and get her back on side.
no idea what has got her rattled but I get the impression she is pissed off with the RF atm.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
This is so weird though. We’ve established on this thread that it’s normal for them to photoshop/edit/manipulate their photos like this.

We know this, so the Associated Press must be used to it too. So why have they taken an issue with this one?