Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CarrierPigeon

VIP Member
There’s been a total media blackout on Kate. Nothing said or leaked at all. This in itself is worrying.
It feels like an agreement with the press: “we’ll give you the king’s health diagnosis in return for leaving Kate alone’

Reactions: 25

Flibbertigibbet

Chatty Member

wow! looks like it was most likely suicide! wasn’t expecting that!
It's always my first thought when a man who is neither old nor sick dies suddenly. A friend of mine of the same age was found dead and we all thought suicide, and were relieved to learn it was caused by an undiagnosed heart problem. You don't want to think of your loved ones being so desperately unhappy. The poor family, especially his father to find him like that.

elliebee27

VIP Member
He is just pathetic. He didn't go to the funeral. He won't show up for this. The man was his godfather.

William is a classic case of 'if I don't wanna do it I won't do it' and nobody will tell him to put up and shut up.

• Wow
  • Angry

Eirawen

VIP Member
I think it’s just his laziness.

If he doesn’t wanna do something, he won’t do it. That is his history of behavior, and it won’t change.
I don't think he is particularly hard working but why would he agree to attend and do a reading if he couldn't be bothered to go? Its got to be something more than "can't be bovvered" surely.

WhyYouCry?

Chatty Member
A few weeks ago the headlines were Harry and Meg jet off to the Bob Marley premier after Charles cancer diagnosis! Well his wife’s buggering off abroad and it’s being said it’s because she deserves a break after doing 13 engagements since Christmas. The hypocrisy is rife. Apparently, Camilla has a holiday at this time, every year. She returns to work just before International Women’s Day. She hasn’t got any engagements because this holiday is a yearly event for her.
I can’t see how the situations are in any way similar unless Camilla is planning to sell stories to the press/make money off merch/release a memoir etc while she’s on her week long holiday?

• Heart

Squittel

VIP Member
I liked Diana. I know she wasn't perfect but not many people are.

I have always liked Camilla too and I do hope that she and Charles get to have many more years together.
Same, I like them both for different reasons. Diana has been turned into a saint which she certainly wasn’t but she wasn’t a bad person either.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I thought the same @hehehe or money worries. Has he been dipping in the trust funds?

I think even the most ardent Kate stans need to admit it’s quite strange that there is absolutely nothing about Kate. It’s like there’s a media blackout. Something very odd about it all. And I’m not interested in the blah, blah, blah about her deserving privacy and it’s for the kids sake etc! It’s just strange. Even if she returns to work after Easter fit as a fiddle (which, I truly hope she does) the way it’s been handled is strange. Peculiar, even! It’s no wonder people online are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5!
---

She reminds me of Zara. Both of them are very pretty. Always have a glow around them!
I’m a big William & Kate fan but even I think it’s a bit odd to have total radio silence. They could post a statement from Kate thanking everybody for the well wishes or something.

I think with how out of hand the speculation has become, on twitter especially, that they need to post a further more personable update than a quote from KP that she’s doing well.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Someone on another forum said that William dropped out of the memorial service on Tuesday because of an incident with one of the children. Apparently one of the other school parents had put something up about it on social media but it was quite quickly removed.
Something with one of the kids was my first thought tbh.

I think William is being particularly secretive at the moment because of the fall out from Harry. He must feel so betrayed and all that deeply personal stuff was exposed by his own brother. He's over compensating.

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
A friend shared this with me at the end of last week from a private parenting FB group she is in. One of the other mums (who she knows reasonably well) posted:

"My dad is in the know because my mum was in the london clinic for years. So he knows a huge number of staff there. I'm betting every newspaper knows the actual truth. KM has a very severe eating disorder. She didn't have surgery. She was hospitalised to be tubefed as she was refusing to eat."

I obviously can't vouch for the truth of this as I don't know the woman, and am not in the group, but I saw the screenshot so it was a real post. She may be a fantasist, or exaggerating what her father told her, but thought I'd share it anyway. Doesn't sound very ethical for medical staff to be sharing this info if it is true!
I don’t think the London Clinic treats eating disorders in that way. It sounds false to me.

Reactions: 24

girlinbrum

VIP Member
I know Andrew is higher up in line to the throne but wish we'd see more of Edwars n Sophie than Andrew n Fergie.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
So today I’ve been told by a colleague that KC has an aggressive form of cancer and isn’t expected to last the year. I took it with a pinch of salt but she was adamant her source was impeccable and that she believed it. She wouldn’t tell me who they were, and isn’t the type to believe conspiracy theories. Could be rubbish of course but thought I’d put it out there.
Someone up thread said they had impeccable sources and when I asked what they were I didn’t get a reply.
I’d take it all with a pinch of salt personally. He’s got cancer, it was found early, let’s see what happens

Skewbedu

VIP Member
I don't get why anyone would complain about PW smiling at an event. It's his JOB. If he had cancelled most people would have understood but there still would have been a ton of moaning.

I expect he was nervous of what to say in case a steady stream of people asked about Kac and POW, but he knew that he should be there for a cause close to his heart. I think he was super brave actually, I don't think I could have stood next to ol' chipmunk tiny Tom Cruise and kept a straight face!

Duchesspink

VIP Member
I don’t even think it’s the people who camp out or “knit” for them that want the details though. On Thomas or Kate. I think it’s the people who are anti royal or anti Kate who are complaining…the people who claim not to like them or that they’re irrelevant are the ones who are being the loudest about wanting to know every detail of her surgery
100% correct. I'm a royalist and I was happy and content to understand that she was taking 3 months off after surgery to recover. I dont see a need for a statement. The supporters won't be the people making the noise, it's the idiots who think that they need to know everything about anyone who has a public life.
It's no one's business as to how she's recovering.
Even William pulling out of the memorial service, they are hardly going to announce that he's got diarrhoea and the immodium just isn't holding the flow.
I was more surprised at the gabriellas parents being at the memorial service once we heard that their son in law had died and even more so when I heard the cause of death. No one would have noticed if they hadn't been there.

• Heart

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
Do u think she doesnt? No one is naturally that skinny. There is no stretch of the imagination to link her current size to an ED.
My daughter is 5ft 10 and a size 6, she has a 20 inch waste and no hips. Some people are naturally very thin

• Heart

Lammington

VIP Member
What do people think the reasons for Charles not giving the specific cancer other than saying it's not prostate?
I think that's to say it's at least something quite bad as prostate would be the 'best' one to get (obviously better not to get anything). If it's bladder he's got a 50% chance of living for over 5 years, and if it's pancreas he's got a 6% chance of living for over 5 years.
I think they're waiting for Kate to recover and waiting to see how he reacts to treatment because even if he lives for 5+ years it might not be a good quality of life and could be in no state to be head of state.
I think avoiding providing the specific diagnosis makes it less likely to have the media and public speculating on life expectancy or survival odds. As with your comment, it appears to be one of the first things people go to when working within speculative diagnoses, so imagine how common it would be if they confirmed it.

Multi-21

VIP Member
No what I think happened was William decided to try on the crown seeing as his time as king might come sooner then he thought and the heaviness of it gave him a terrible migraine so he had to spend the day in a dark room in bed. 🤭
I thought you were going to say it got stuck so he couldn’t leave the house 😂

• Haha

Skewbedu

VIP Member
They are giving off stronger and stronger Duke and Duchess of Windsor vibes. Taking many things direct from the Windsor playbook it seems to me.

After his abdication the Duchess always referred to him as HRH to others and they had his coat of arms and monograms on literally everything apparently.

Harry has the same kind of petulant "what I want I must have because I'm IMPORTANT and a PRINCE" attitude -I want my wife to have all the trappings whether she's entitled or not.

I've read books on DDoW and was honestly surprised how very like him personality wise Harry is too. A bit on the thick side, but out to save the world (DoW wartime antics anyone?).

Not particularly adept sexually, so falls into the thrall of a slightly exotic seeming woman of the world who knows some interesting tricks and then expects said woman to be treated with all the pomp imaginable. But the downside is, so very thick, naive and boring that the woman (loathe to admit it but more intelligent) has to miserably fake still loving him for the perks.