Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sueh21

I feel like there's quite a leap from liking organic farming to refusing treatment in favour of homeopathy and rubbing herbs on yourself.
If he was opposed to treatment I don't think he'd have gone under anaesthetic for the prostate op.
Yep think this is a bit of a reach. Didn’t he have his first treatment in hospital on Monday? and he is obvs protecting his immune system by cancelling engagements.

Reactions: 26

DimpleFace

Why do you think this? If a work colleague went off for surgery, would you expect to hear updates about them every week or to know in depth about what surgery they were having? Would you be speculating that they must be very ill or would you just accept that they are recovering from a major surgery? Of course she hasn't gone missing before, she isn't missing now. She's taking the same time off that anyone else would thats had major surgery. Remember that could be a hysterectomy or a bowel problem, rectifying a prolapse etc.
I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that she's ill or very ill.
Loool but shes not a work colleague is she. She’s the future queen. We have precedent after precedent showing how the royal family deal with medical issues and this is completely different.

Lammington

VIP Member
I think it's difficult to know what she would have grown into, but I will never be a fan of the way the press & public need to have a figure to adore and a figure to hate. While living, a royal (usually the royal women, if we're frank) can be both in the span of a week's tabloid headlines, but her early death meant Diana got rewritten as an angelic figure, and Camilla was frozen in the minds of many as the evil other woman.
Both women are and were actual people, with flaws and good points, and I will never get my head around the idea that we need to see them as cartoonish figures of good or evil.

The same is repeating with the current generation - Kate is for the most part the "good" royal woman, though the press will happily sell a negative story on her if it'll get eyes, and Meghan has Camilla's slot of being the "bad" royal woman.
There is a certain irony however in Harry's volatile reaction to his wife inheriting the press's role of a woman he then tried to shove back into that role via his own media.

• Heart

Onetwofour

VIP Member
What did you all think of Prince William’s statement about Gaza and a ceasefire?
I think it's good. I mean who doesn't want an end to this conflict? His statement was very neutral and talked about all the victims of this conflict, no matter the side. I think it is sad that expressing the urgency to stop this whole madness is so political. So many people are dying, living in terrible conditions, and by each passing day the hostages' chances of survival are declining.

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
QE has left a huge, gaping hole. None of them can fill it. Charles will never receive the respect and admiration she did.

It’s almost as if her passing has cursed them, nothing is going right for them lately!

Boring Monday

VIP Member
In the statement from KP they said Catherine is “continuing to be doing well”
Of course they are saying that.

One thing the recent demises of the Royal Family have shown is that they are sat up in bed eating their morning kippers and watching breakfast tele … until they aren’t. I mean, hopefully she is … but I wouldn’t take their health statements as worth anything at all.

H.R. Pufnstuf

I would be incredibly shocked at anyone who lost their parent unexpectedly in their childhood not having mental health issues of some kind. Harry acts like he’s the only one, I think William just doesn’t dine out on it. But yeah, losing your parent unexpectedly will 100% fuck you up, and that’s ignoring all the other shit that comes with being in direct line to the thrown.
My father died suddenly when I was (an emotionally young) 14. I’m an only child so it was half my family gone. They say you can stay emotionally at the age you suffer a trauma. While I’m a functioning adult and parent I still like cutesy things and rainbows and unicorns at 50 so maybe there’s some truth to that.🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart

jkroche95

VIP Member
Bloody nora, just seen the biggest conspiracy theory on Facebook from a M&H fan. Apparently Thomas’s death is foul play because he knew too much about the Royals. 🤦‍♀️
I saw one that said W punched K in the face and she needed surgery to reconstruct her face and that's why she can't be seen!!

W must pack quite a punch then!!

• Haha
  • Wow

Honeystar

VIP Member
I think the big thing to consider as well as this isn’t going to back to a desk job that you can do from home with a hot water bottle if you’re in pain or discomfort. They knew from the start when she returned every single move will be under scrutiny, any wince or decline to take part in an activity. I would imagine she won’t want to get back until she knows she as close to 100% as she can be. I imagine by now she’s moving about etc, not bed bound, but I can’t blame her for wanting extra time

Also it’s only 3 months. 3 months out of a lifetime of being a royal isn’t much to ask

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
So today I’ve been told by a colleague that KC has an aggressive form of cancer and isn’t expected to last the year. I took it with a pinch of salt but she was adamant her source was impeccable and that she believed it. She wouldn’t tell me who they were, and isn’t the type to believe conspiracy theories. Could be rubbish of course but thought I’d put it out there.

• Sad
  • Wow

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
We really need an eye roll reaction to this thread! I nipped over to the Celeb gossip one and that turned into an “I hate H&M” thread 😂 Jesus Christ you marry a ginger bloke from one of the most dysfunctional families out there, knock a couple of kids out, move to America and you are the spawn of Satan for it!

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I don’t think H would. Come back to open a fish or chip shop. I think he wants some sort of relationship with some of the family but not with the firm.
If Harry had vented his anger at the firm and the workings of TRF he may have come across slightly different but he chose to reveal very personal things and directly attack family members. I think he's trying to worm his way back in some way whilst Charles is around because he knows he's fucked once William is in charge.

Reactions: 25

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
We don’t actually know that happened though. It sounds like what was shown on The Crown and a lot of that is artistic license. Please do correct me if I’m wrong.
It was well documented before The Crown was even made. Lots of royal correspondents and people like Ken Wharf all have said that was the dynamic of their relationship. William telling Diana it would ok and he'd look after her. He apparently shielded Harry from a lot of the stuff that went on. Diana herself told of an incident were she was crying in a bathroom and William was giving her tissues under the door.

moldwarp

VIP Member
I don't think Kate is necessarily on steroids. When I'm ill, my face gets puffy too. Inflammation, comfort-eating carb-rich foods and lying down most of the day will do it.

I honestly don't think there's anything suspicious going on in the RF, other than she's recovering from surgery and Charles has cancer, just an unfortunate coincidence. I don't think William's behaviour has been that weird, anyone can take selective clips of anyone, post them on the internet and say he looks drunk / stressed / high or whatever.

Some of the theories being peddled in the European/US press are mad and i honestly think they're all being pushed by journalists who are young and haven't yet experienced the more frequent health problems and tiredness that are a part and parcel of incipient middle age and old age.

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
I do think this much speculation would have prompted the Queen to say “thank you for your concern blah, blah”. It’s not just the lack of updates on Kate’s health, a man who married in to their family has just killed himself, immediately after eating dinner with his parents he locked himself in their barn and took his own life with a gun. They held back releasing it for two days and reported no suspicious circumstances and then released a statement stating Prince William wouldn’t be attending his Godfather’s memorial service where he was due to give a reading because of “personal reasons”. The usual Royal experts such as Rebecca English are putting out their own statements out on it, repeating what KP stated about his absence. Sensible folk will not read in to it but the usual nutters will. I really don’t think Willy nipped out with a gun and unalived anyone but even the most ardent Royalists have to admit that the PR at KP is terrible. They are waving a red flag to millions of people on SM platforms. Tax payers fund them. They have a right to ask questions and polite answers are necessary. As stated on this thread by a few Tattlers, the people knitting and sewing gifts, the people who send cards, the good will gestures from the public deserve a bit more respect. Without folk like them, they’ll be turning up to open new wings of a hospital with no one there to wave at them.

bumblebees19

VIP Member
I’ve seen all sorts of speculation, I’m not sure what to believe anymore. At first I thought it was just something routine, but I’m not so sure anymore. My aunt had fibroids and had to have a full hysterectomy and it was very major surgery. I thought it could be something like that, but I’ve heard people mention stomas, cancer etc. Also I’ve heard she’s in a coma 🙄
I’m not one for conspiracy theories/wild internet speculation but it definitely feels like there is more going on. Obviously she is within her rights to her privacy but I’m surprised something hasn’t been done to shut down some of the rumours on X in particular.