Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Not being funny but of course KC isn't going to look well he's having Chemo fgs.
And the more sessions he has, the worse he will look.
---
I'm definitely starting to think the prognosis for Charles isn't very good and perhaps he's only been given a certain amount of time left to live.

William looked like he was about to break down a few weeks ago in that footage of him standing/ swaying while the national anthem was sung. To me, it looked like he was close to tears and perhaps struggling not only with the news about his father not having long left, but also the fact he thought it might be about 10 years before he became king and now he's suddenly faced with the reality that it's going to be very soon. I don't think he wants it at all, let alone when his kids are still young and his wife is ill.
It was mentioned a couple of pages back about Wills having some sort of panic attack and I definitely think it's a possibility. Father ill, Wife ill. Possibility of being King quicker than expected. Problematic brother suddenly appearing to save the day. Close family member dying in sudden and tragic circumstances and then he was supposed to get up in public and give a reading for a dearly loved godfather . Maybe it did get too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I wonder if William’s personal reasons for pulling out of yesterday is he’s had a quick scan of Twitter on his burner account and has pissed himself laughing at some of the theories that much he’s cracked a rib? That or Kate has lamped him one as he’s interrupted her watching 365 Days running in to tell her she’s apparently dead.

I think KP could have helped themselves a bit by releasing a quick Kate thanks everyone for their well wishes blah blah statement.

But then again having said that Kate could live broadcast herself saying “look I said I’d be back after Easter. It’s not Easter yet calm the fuck down. I’m just enjoying myself milking this recovery part scoffing Easter eggs and binge watching the Real Housewives” and they’d still say she’s dead and it’s Ai.

• Haha

queenamber

VIP Member
God they're really having a load of awful news lately aren't they? Maybe I've got my tin foil hat on but it does feel like we're about to have some seismic shift in the RF.

I expect Nicholas Witchell will be getting wheeled out any minute.

• Haha

CailínBeag

VIP Member
My two cents, for what it’s worth (nothing at all really 🙂)

I think Charles has known something major was up with his health for a while. And I suspect Catherine’s been having gut issues for a while now also, and knew ‘at some point’ she would need major surgery.

So with the knowledge that Charles’ illness might be a life shortening one, Catherine and William have chosen to sort her problems now. I suspect she’s wearing a colostomy bag, and she doesn’t want to be out and about yet (don’t blame her) until it’s sorted.

And knowing things would be much more hectic when William is king, they bit the bullet and did it now whilst they can.

TLDR, William may be king earlier than expected, so he and Catherine are sorting out health problems now.
I still think the KC reveal was a bartering tool for the media to leave Catherine alone.

Heidi88

VIP Member
But why? What would the end game be? ‘Oh yeah actually Kate died 3 weeks ago so we sent Pippa out in a wig to cover it up temporarily because reasons’?
There is no reasoning with some people. People wanted "proof of life" and now that they got a photo of Kate with her Mum it's a body double 😂 I never realised there are so many conspiracy theorists out there.

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
It's a great card but I do find it weird the numbers of people who have forked out for a card to send to somebody they don't know, I don't know anybody who would even consider it
It was a bit like the people who sent Captain Tom a birthday card - so many that dearest Hannah had to build a spa to house them! 😆
I also find it rather odd but we are all different.

• Haha

Trafalgar

VIP Member
I'm delighted to hear that she got a reply. That will mean lot to her and it means the card was acknowledged and appreciated.
Honestly she was so happy. She couldn't believe the king and queen wrote to her. She doesn't understand pre printed cards etc...... so in her eyes he took time out to reply and still talks about it even now. She asked to get the card framed which we have done.

• Heart

thegreencow

VIP Member

wow! looks like it was most likely suicide! wasn’t expecting that!
How tragic if true. You can have all the money in the world but can’t escape mental health problems. We all have more in common with each other than we think. No one knows what happens behind closed doors.

• Heart
  • Sad
He is just pathetic. He didn't go to the funeral. He won't show up for this. The man was his godfather.

William is a classic case of 'if I don't wanna do it I won't do it' and nobody will tell him to put up and shut up.
Given there is literally no context to this announcement how have you come to this conclusion? Bizarre.

queenamber

VIP Member
I also thought that it’s Pippa. But I cannot believe that so many American journals have already published this photo.
The tight-knit palace and the UK press has been on full display during all of this. I'm sure the royal press pack know full well what's been going on with Kate but they haven't said a word. Very obvious the palace and UK press are both willing to protect William and Kate and couldn't do the same for Harry and Meghan.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

Honeystar

VIP Member
The thing with Andrew is the way he just cannot help himself but push to be at the centre of attention. He did after Phillip died, then again after the Queen outside Balmoral, him and Fergie running around at Christmas and now again today. Apparently the Greek royal family invited him and OK fine that’s their call but why is he leading the way… he is vile

Honeystar

VIP Member
I saw a full thread of people demanding "proof of life" from KP this week - proof of life? What do they want exactly because lets be honest the same people claiming she's dead are the same people who would claim a photo was fake 😂 I seriously worry for the brain capacity of the mass population sometimes

• Haha

Em_gardener

VIP Member
To be fair to William I don't think he would agree to go and do a reading and then just decide he didn't feel like it. Especially not at the moment when there's so much speculation around the family already. He would have found an excuse when he was asked first if it was just a question of not being bothered with it. He can definitely be workshy but I don't think he has a history of last minute cancellations either.

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Going back a bit to the ‘just call me Harry’ versus staff saying to call him sir thing.
The whole point of the royal family is they aren’t the same as us, we don’t want to call them by their first name like they’re the local green grocer. If Harry is happy to say to people himself, ‘just call me Harry’ once he has met them and said hello them that’s up to him but I think at introduction stage he should be referred to by sir or a title. It’s no different to meeting Lord someone and being told by their people, call him Lord Sugar, not Alan. If he then says ‘call me Alan’ that’s ok.
I wouldnt address anyone as Lord or lady unless I felt they earned that title.
It's 2024 there's no place for bowing and scraping and titles or at least there shouldn't be.
Professionally if I had to then I would, I'd be being paid to do so.
I thought William and Kate would do away with the curtseying and stuff that isn't befitting modern society. I hope they do when it comes their time.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
My father died suddenly when I was (an emotionally young) 14. I’m an only child so it was half my family gone. They say you can stay emotionally at the age you suffer a trauma. While I’m a functioning adult and parent I still like cutesy things and rainbows and unicorns at 50 so maybe there’s some truth to that.🤷🏻‍♀️
A family member lost their dad suddenly at 17 and seemed, on the face if it, to have dealt with it very well. Until the year before she was due to be the same age as when he died. The thought of being older than him brought it all back, all that he and she had lost. She walked out of a shop leaving a full load of shopping because the song that was number one when he died was played out of the blue, sat in the car park and sobbed. It was a very hard year.

• Heart
  • Sad

Blurp

VIP Member
Someone on another forum said that William dropped out of the memorial service on Tuesday because of an incident with one of the children. Apparently one of the other school parents had put something up about it on social media but it was quite quickly removed.

I've been doing some hefty gardening today for the first time since my abdominal surgery eighteen months ago. I had a hemicolectomy and was an NHS hospital for a week; when I got home, I spent a lot of time in bed so I wasn't surprised by Kate staying in a private hospital for two weeks. It took months to heal properly with all the muscles being cut through.

• Heart
  • Wow