Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Honeystar

VIP Member
I think both boys have an idealised view of their mother, Harry even more so, at least what they put out there publicly. I think she would have hated it when Kate came on the scene, the younger attractive woman now getting all the attention and headlines that used to be hers - they can spin it how they like but she loved the press attention and loved playing the press and paps. I dread to think how she would have reacted when Kate became Princess of Wales - she strikes me as the type who would be ringing William up asking him to come round because she’s just so upset darling and please leave your wife and children behind to give me your full attention

• Haha
Reactions: 33

WhyYouCry?

Chatty Member
That's your opinion. Yes her Mum may have agreed to drive someone or even Pippa with a wig if it would put an end to speculation!
But why? What would the end game be? ‘Oh yeah actually Kate died 3 weeks ago so we sent Pippa out in a wig to cover it up temporarily because reasons’?

• Haha

hashtagtea

I feel like the "Camilla broke up the marriage" rhetoric is rather over-simplified and driven by the deification of Diana post-death.
It plays into the whole idea that "the other woman" is always to blame and ignores the faults of the marriage proper, and the parties in the marriage. While Harry seems to have leaned back in to Camilla being the big bad, along with his sense of victimisation at the hands of Charles, William, the family as a whole, and quite possibly the corgis at this point, there's no reason to believe that's the attitude the family at large or William have.

I suspect if Charles pops his clogs before Camilla she'll be given the respect you'd expect for a dowager queen, but with the expected amendments to her role of a dowager queen with her own children and grandchildren who aren't royal.
I also feel (and I have no experience in this) that teenagers would have limited life experience in relationships and adulting when it comes to divorce, so I’m sure they haaated the fact that she was the “other woman” for a few years and then of course their mum dying added a huge tragic layer to it. But I would think with some growing up and experience, they could see that their parents weren’t meant to be together, his dad is truly happy with Camilla. And I’m sure that acceptance would have happened if their mum was still alive too.

Honestly, if they still hold a grudge for that this many years later, they need to sort it out. It’s clear to a lot of people that the arranged marriage of C+D was always doomed and C+C are a lovely couple who were meant to be together.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I would be incredibly shocked at anyone who lost their parent unexpectedly in their childhood not having mental health issues of some kind. Harry acts like he’s the only one, I think William just doesn’t dine out on it. But yeah, losing your parent unexpectedly will 100% fuck you up, and that’s ignoring all the other shit that comes with being in direct line to the thrown.
Diana also did place a heavy burden on William as a child, pouring out her heart to him, sobbing, and also having histrionics that he witnessed. She also went ahead with her vendetta against Charles at times when William begged her not to. So if a child didn't come out of that traumatised I would be surprised.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
What did you all think of Prince William’s statement about Gaza and a ceasefire?
I'm a bit torn tbh. I have always believed they should remain apolitical but I don't think William said anything controversial or particularly outrageous. He spoke about 'the human cost of the conflict in the Middle East since the Hamas terrorist attack'. and an 'end to the fighting as soon as possible'. Anyone with half a brain thinks the same.

corron

Palace gave a statement:

Basically saying that they gave the timeline and they said there would only be significant updates. They added she is doing well.

In other words Mind your own business 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Good for them.

They can't help it if people don't read their statements. And if they do read their statements don't believe them.

Lammington

VIP Member
I am never a fan of the way Meghan cops the most hate, including slut shaming and endless attacks on her appearance.
Harry is the one who has whinged about others being to blame for his choices and behaviours, the one who has a history of racially insensitive statements, and the one who has made a career on talking about his family. He's also the one who could have been expected to know full well Archie had no right to a prince title at his birth, nor the expectation of some new Earldom or the like because they found "Dumbarton" distasteful. He seemingly failed to ready her for an onslaught of press hatred despite seeing it happen to almost all the women who married into his family, and it's him who seems only to realise the misogyny of the press on this front when it happens to women he considers "his" - i.e. Meghan and Diana.

I'm never going to like Harry, but I do feel like the press and public's tendency to attack women for any action or inaction of their own as well as any action or inaction of associated men means Meghan has copped far more attention and dislike than I can see reason for.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

hehehe

VIP Member
Do u think she doesnt? No one is naturally that skinny. There is no stretch of the imagination to link her current size to an ED.
Huh???? She is at least a size 8 given her height, are you saying there are no adult women who are below a size 8 naturally??? She's obviously been bigger when she was younger, we know that, but the discovery of some health issue followed by controlled eating would lead her to remaining on the smaller side now, but we know she is sporty and physically active. But to say no one can be naturally that small is pretty deluded. She's not a skeleton!

Reactions: 32

Lammington

VIP Member
They've commented on Ukraine without concern it was too political. Civilian suffering on a large scale shouldn't be considered political or not based on the nationality or ethnicity of those suffering.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Mark81

VIP Member
I find the obsession about hearing about Kate bizarre and people have lost their heads quite frankly. We knew ages ago she wouldn't be seen until after Easter and we wouldnt be updated (unless it become necessary). KP was clear about that, so far nothing has gone against what we have been told in the first place.

The only odd thing is William pulling out last minute of his godfathers memorial service. Now, it could have been anything but his dad has cancer, his wife has obviously had a serious operation, he is a father of 3 and is going to be king one day (which he may or may not want) and has suffered with mental heath issues in the past. Maybe things just got on top of him and he needed a day 🤷‍♂️

Stillwater

VIP Member
I would take that as a bad sign rather than coating him for it - speaking as someone who’s had very recent experience of a loved one at the mercy of significant health issues.

• Heart

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
Yea that’s Carole driving. Presumably she would notice if it wasn’t really Kate in the car with her so I’d take the body double theory with a pint glass full of salt
But what if they’re both body doubles?! The entire Middleton family could have been killed off by now and only Twitter will know.

• Haha

elliebee27

VIP Member
Diana also did place a heavy burden on William as a child, pouring out her heart to him, sobbing, and also having histrionics that he witnessed. She also went ahead with her vendetta against Charles at times when William begged her not to. So if a child didn't come out of that traumatised I would be surprised.
That is such child abuse. Diana was the perfect saintly mother of course - didn't she admit to basically having William as her confidante and she'd cry over her lovers and Charles to William, and he'd often shove tissues under the door for her?

My mom did the same thing. It did indeed fuck me up. Add in an acrimonious divorce and it'll make things even worse.

• Heart
  • Sad

Tharsheblows

VIP Member
Some people are honestly insane. Kate is dead or in a coma and being hidden after her husband beat her to a pulp, or asked for a divorce so she tried committing suicide. Until she’s actually seen in a car with her mum neither dead nor in a coma, at which point her mum has been recruited by the family to drive a body double around Windsor. Do you not realise how insane that sounds? Jesus Christ, could it be she has surgery and will return at Easter like they said and she just doesn’t want to be seen? Just because your neighbours friends nan was doing a marathon a week after having her organs reorganised doesn’t mean others don’t want to rest. Would bloody hate to work in a workplace with some of these people. Probably can’t even go for a wee without someone speculating why it took you 5 minutes when they can go in 2. God forbid you ring in sick around them and don’t send picture proof.
Is she returning at Easter like Jesus?

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I genuinely do know someone who works at the London Clinic who said that there was a very strict warning to people not to talk and anyone who did so was threatened with immediate reporting to the GMC. From what was said, a surgical procedure [operation] was involved which was complex and another surgeon had to be called in to help. I shan't say what specialities these surgeons were, out of respect for her privacy. But there's nothing to indicate that the RF were not telling the truth.
---
Bit odd...you know someone who works at the Clinic but they were warned not to tell people but they still told you and rather than say 'ok, my lips are sealed' you've come on an open gossip forum to tell us what they told you!

• Haha
  • Heart

crabandoyster

Please God, end this soap opera. Give the money, palaces, jewellery and uk sanity back to the people. Feudalism needs to end.

• Heart
  • Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
it seems more shocking somehow with this case.
Someone I was speaking to called him a coward and and idiot because he had everything he wanted and had things that people could only dream about - beautiful wife, friends, connections, family, money, status. Not saying I agree with this person, not at all. But I think the reasons they gave are why it feels more shocking because to everyday people he had it made. Of course none of us know what was happening privately.

I hope his father has support, finding a body with that sort of injury is highly traumatic but it being your own child is just another horrendous layer to it all.

• Sad