Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
The article in the Mail says Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were at the service this morning but that must be wrong. Maybe they were meant to be.

Reactions: 1

noseyparker80

George would immediately become Duke of Cornwall and Duke of Rothesay. He wouldn't automatically become Prince of Wales but would have to be awarded it. Charles was known as Duke of Cornwall before being made PoW.

Charlotte and Louis would lose any suffix "of Wales" and gain the prefix "The"; they would be The Princess Charlotte and The Prince Louis as children of a monarch. Eg HRH Prince Edward, Duke of Kent (grandchild of a monarch) against HRH The Prince Edward, Duke of Edinburgh (child of a monarch).
From the RF website:
I’m confused by what George’s title would be. William was a duke as the grandson to the monarch (and heir ) but got “upgraded” to prince when he was the son of the monarch. Surely when William is monarch, George wouldn’t be a duke?
It’s completely baffling my brain, it’s so complicated 🤣

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Theres an article in the DM about how her theoretical return to duties should be taken carefully.
I thought they would post another little update where she thanks people for all the cards and well wishes? Obviously not on a clip like Charles but a post on their social media.

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
Can you imagine the uproar in Spain if a rep of the British royal family asked the Spanish royal family to ask the Spanish media not release something (whether it is true or not). I think it would be completely overstepping on the part of the British royal family.
I don’t! I think it’s well within their Royal circles to ask that. I really don’t think it’s far fetched at all.

Justcyrious

VIP Member
It might be that William wants to keep a distance from the Greek family. There might be other dynamics at play. It was rumoured he would go to the funeral last year but he didn’t show up (kind of last minute). Maybe he had to accept to do a reading to keep appearances but never had any intention to show up. He’s probably not close to the family as a few of them live/have lived in London but they never seem to “hang out” together.

coconochanel

VIP Member
If like some suggest and the Royals have an agreement with the British press/media not to print pap pics, why not? I can understand not having pics of the kids printed in the papers etc but what's the issue with a pap pic of say Kate going to Waitrose?

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
@Lovecrisps i agree. I can understand the kids are old enough to access Social Media so don’t want to say too much. But then not saying anything leads to all these wild rumours which the kids can read. That’s if they do have any access. I find it hard to believe they don’t have a phone, iPad, Laptop. They will have school friends who can read it, if they can’t. I don’t think there’s even been any pap shots of her parents or sister visiting. You can understand them not wanting the media around the hospital. It creates drama and publicity for other patients who may not want to be seen going in or out. But to not even see her Mom driving to see her. Apologies if that has been seen, I genuinely don’t know if it’s been posted or reported on!

Skewbedu

VIP Member
I suspect that was more that he wasn't to address them as your royal highnesses and I doubt it was asked directly to Harry. Even when they were entitled to use the royal highness titles, didn't Harry say to just call him Harry?
The correct protocol was issued because this guy asked for it. Not quite the same as Harry issuing a demand to be called sir
---

Don't you know that Queen consort is Queen? Charles didn't make her anything different to what the late Queen wanted.
Maybe if the general public understood such things, they wouldn't be feeling that they are "putting up with" anything Charles does.
Yes I do know that, but my understanding was that it was HLMTQ's wish was that Camilla was known as Queen Consort Camilla?