Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

stardust21

VIP Member
But if not every British person knows this, then you can guarantee not many in the US will, so Meghan would be Princess Meghan over there in a heartbeat.
But she’s not known as that, which is why I thought she wasn’t a princess in any definition tbh. It’s an easy marketing win for them for her to also be a Princess.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I’ve been told the same and sadly, I was told it’s pancreatic cancer. He could be lucky and get 12-18 months as my best friend did but if it is that then it’s going to be a sharp shock to them all.
Interesting. I wonder where this information is coming from?

Honeystar

VIP Member
Hello. Can you explain this some more to me please?

If Harry and Meghan are saying that use of the Sussex name came about after the Coronation, then they are doing the exact same as the Wales'.

Archie and Lilibeth Mountbatten - Windsor pre Coronation and Sussex after.

George and siblings Cambridge pre Coronation and Wales after.
Yes, I meant why weren’t they just Sussex from birth but someone pointed out it was due to them not being Prince or Princess until the coronation. I just wondered why they weren’t entitled to it from birth that’s all

Lammington

VIP Member
But if not every British person knows this, then you can guarantee not many in the US will, so Meghan would be Princess Meghan over there in a heartbeat.
Of course, but I mean Diana was never Princess Diana but rather Diana, Princess of Wales and we all call her Princess Di. Common usage may not line up with what is correct.

There has been the odd US person or organisation (Harry's apparent aviation achievements comes to mind) who have mistakenly used "Princess Meghan" but I suspect they're not outright encouraging it as most in the UK and commonwealth know enough protocol to know better, so the press response would not be kind.

peradetlic

VIP Member
Well, we don’t know Harry didn’t say that to him when he met him, just that his ‘people’ told the bloke to call him Sir on meeting him. I mean, it’s only polite is t it?
Ok, for Sir if he is your boss, but Madam?!? She should be Mrs Sussex in any egalitarian country shouldn't she?

Skewbedu

VIP Member
But she’s not known as that, which is why I thought she wasn’t a princess in any definition tbh. It’s an easy marketing win for them for her to also be a Princess.
No, my point was linked to them removing the titles. I think MM wouldn't mind if they did because though she would then be Princess Henry, everyone would call her Princess Meghan.

emmylouw

Probably naive thinking but how can one give themself a head injury that would cause death? Sounds rather strange. Hope the family get the peace they need.

KK77

VIP Member
I don’t think H would. Come back to open a fish or chip shop. I think he wants some sort of relationship with some of the family but not with the firm.