Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Andouilette

One thing to keep in mind is that POW is not a title that transfers on death - Charles gained the title 6 years after he became heir to the throne. So George may not immediately become Prince of Wales, but remain Prince George (formerly of Cambridge, formerly of Wales).

Taking QEII's children as an example, they would likely simply drop the "of Wales" and simply be Prince/Princess ___, and use Mountbatten-Windsor for passports or similar until they are granted titles upon marriage and become Prince Louis, Duke of Shropshire or the like. Charlotte will likely eventually be named Princess Royal unless they do some legal changes to make her eligible for a title in her own right.
I am not sure a change in the law would be needed, as far as I am aware there is no bar to a woman holding a title in her own right. Charles II gave two of his misresses dukedoms in their own right, Portsmouth and Cleveland (Louise de Kerouaille and Barbara Villiers). There are also several Scottish peerages which can pass to women and at least one UK peerage (Mountbatten of Burma).

Reactions: 2

sternchen275

VIP Member
The fact that upto now no UK media outlet has published the new pic means that surely there is some agreement in place with the media & W+C over this whole thing?
Or because they aren’t on public road? They never had an issue before publishing pictures of her out and about before

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
Diana also did place a heavy burden on William as a child, pouring out her heart to him, sobbing, and also having histrionics that he witnessed. She also went ahead with her vendetta against Charles at times when William begged her not to. So if a child didn't come out of that traumatised I would be surprised.
We don’t actually know that happened though. It sounds like what was shown on The Crown and a lot of that is artistic license. Please do correct me if I’m wrong.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
It looks really professional but there is no Impressum/masthead. At least I couldn’t find one. That would either be a krass oversight or it’s a pretty impressive fake.

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
I’m new to this thread so apologies if this has already been discussed (I did try read back a bit!) but does anyone think an abdication might be looming if Charles’ prognosis is poor? And could that be why William pulled out of the service?

Multi-21

VIP Member
You’d think if he was ill with a tummy upset or something they could just say it’s due to illness. A personal reason leaves it open to being anything and lots of speculation
IMG_7424.jpeg

• Wow

Lovenews

Chatty Member
Harry and Meghan to the rescue! Close sources indicate that the couple are prepared to negotiate an eye watering fee to become Royal Caretakers of the Monarchy. Each Royal visit/appointment will incur a separate charge. Photo opportunities to be granted when fully staged.
I feel this is why Harry flew in to grab some or any news off Charles to his advantage. Do you believe that what u say is true tho?

MrsDimSum

VIP Member
I’m impressed with how he finds the time in the day to do all these things they accuse him of! Do you think when you’re in line to the thrown they teach you how to make time turners?
well you know, he is pretty workshy….. 😂

• Haha

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
but they’ve specifically said in the statement that her recovery is going well? Almost sounds like they’re at great lengths to say this is nothing to do with her?
I just googled and William didn't attend the funeral either, so just probably didn't like him!

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Thought exactly the same but then I saw elsewhere that they are rarely photographed and clearly allowed the close enough pics, perhaps in exchange for sitting on something, who knows. But agree it can't be critical or urgent.
They’ve been photographed loads of times on their holidays.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Not too sure about that, there is precedent with Princess Michael of Kent, I have never seen her referred to as Princess Marie-Christine.
I doubt Princess Michael is well known in the US.
The poster was referring to the US. In the UK she’d never be called Princess Meghan but in the US it is likely she would as I doubt they’d call her Princess Henry.
I’ve heard US media refer to Kate/Catherine as Princess Kate/Catherine which is also incorrect so they’d do the same with Meghan.

Honeystar

VIP Member
What is the difference between the Archwell website and the new one?
The Archwell website still exists and is for the foundation and charity work they do (or that they seem to tag onto other peoples charity work) while the new website is their “office” and I presume to be used for the more business and commercial stuff eg the Netflix deal, speaking gigs etc

Multi-21

VIP Member
Royal family out in force at the Bahrain Grand Prix
Zara & Mike
Peter
Sarah Ferguson
Eugenie and Jack at least