Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
My sources tell me this:

"Kate Middleton has temporarily stepped out of the public eye because she discovered a hidden portal to a mythical realm known as 'Fashiontopia.' In this fantastical land, clothing comes to life, and she's been appointed as the High Fashion Diplomat to negotiate peace between feuding fashion houses. Her mission is to bring harmony to the warring factions of glittering gowns and rebellious accessories. Until Fashiontopia is free from sartorial strife, Kate has put her public appearances on hold as she navigates the vibrant tapestry of this alternate fashion universe."

My sources are AI making up a reason, which is a lot more legit than randoms on twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Honeystar

VIP Member
I don’t even think it’s the people who camp out or “knit” for them that want the details though. On Thomas or Kate. I think it’s the people who are anti royal or anti Kate who are complaining…the people who claim not to like them or that they’re irrelevant are the ones who are being the loudest about wanting to know every detail of her surgery

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Yel

Chatty Member
I think William is being particularly secretive at the moment because of the fall out from Harry. He must feel so betrayed and all that deeply personal stuff was exposed by his own brother. He's over compensating.
I wonder if Harry is deeply regretting it yet?

They're born into a very difficult situation and they have very few people they can trust. That used to include each other. Does Harry have anyone he can really trust these days? Surrounded by a wife that no doubt wouldn't have been interested if he wasn't born royal and LA types that have no loyalty who will dump someone when they no longer serve a purpose (including his wife). For all his talk of freedom he seems way less free.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
his ‘bodyguards’ tell people to put their phones down and enjoy the moment.
I agree with that tbh. I think it's awful to have phones stuck in their faces, as they are right there, greeting you. Like if you meet royalty or whoever, you're surely going to remember the moment anyway.

At the time of the queen's funeral too, I kept thinking as I watched the crowds, watching the procession go by, on the way to Windsor - please put down the phones! All of this is going to be on your tv screens. Just be there, and realise that you are witnessing a piece of history.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
These pictures with Andrew are very interesting. They are telling me that something is not OK with Kate or with King Charles. There is no other explanation why would they bring PA and Fergie in front of the line. If William was there, all the focus would be on him.
I think you're reading too much into it. Andrew and Sarah will take any opportunity they can to be front and centre. Everyone else is just casually walking behind, they look they've raced to be at the front.

It's Andrew being his usual tone deaf, arrogant self. Nothing more.
---
I don't think she's dying or anything like that but I think yes it's serious. If it is she's had gastric issues the press would love to get a picture of her being tube fed or with a stoma bag. She will need time physically and emotionally to process whatever the surgery is. The press are pretty vile to women in RF Kate has her appearance scrutinised 24/7.
I think Kate will not make a public appearance until she looks A1.

After any major surgery you reach a stage where you are maybe able to move around and function but you can still look crap. It can seriously take a toll on your looks and hair. She is not going to be seen looking anything but fabulous because they will want to project that all is well and situation normal. Like it never happened.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Honeystar

VIP Member
I don’t think they held off announcing Thomas’s death for any reason other than he was a private citizen who had clearly died in extremely tragic and unexpected circumstances and they would have wanted to be sure everyone in his life, his friends and family, knew before it was made public. If he was found on Sunday evening they only really had Monday to tell people, I imagine they might have announced it earlier in the day on Tuesday had it not been for the memorial service. It’s not like there was a London Bridge plan in place for him.

its police practice to say there were no suspicious circumstances when someone is found dead and the cause isn’t publicly obvious (eg a car crash or cancer), Unfortunatley 9/10 it’s code for suicide which they can’t say until it’s been ruled that by a coroner

stardust21

VIP Member
When did he suffer with mental health issues? His mother clearly did and his brother but I don't think William has?
I would be incredibly shocked at anyone who lost their parent unexpectedly in their childhood not having mental health issues of some kind. Harry acts like he’s the only one, I think William just doesn’t dine out on it. But yeah, losing your parent unexpectedly will 100% fuck you up, and that’s ignoring all the other shit that comes with being in direct line to the thrown.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Squittel

VIP Member
It’s front page Mail news that Harry was joking and smiling at an event 🙄 but it’s ok for Wills I guess?? I don’t like Harry much but there are definitely double standards.

hannah123

VIP Member
The tight-knit palace and the UK press has been on full display during all of this. I'm sure the royal press pack know full well what's been going on with Kate but they haven't said a word. Very obvious the palace and UK press are both willing to protect William and Kate and couldn't do the same for Harry and Meghan.
Is it the palace or is it the husbands? When Harry and Meghan were under Kensington Palace William supported Harry’s letter to the press and brought in new social media policies for their shared Instagram account to protect Meghan. In that same time Harry didn’t bother to teach her the national anthem and asked the staffs HR team if they could get her a therapist. William has always protected Kate and her family better than Harry has protected Meghan and her family. He didn’t even bother to go meet her father in person before marriage. This isn’t an heir versus spare situation but just that Harry is a rubbish partner.

• Heart
  • Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
Not giving details of someone’s personal health conditions makes it a ‘hidden world’ though. The late Queen certainly wouldn’t have updated the public on all aspects of her health.
I find this all so bizarre. We have been told that Catherine has had surgery, is recovering and will return after Easter. What more do we need to know?
Exactly!
The problem is, these days Z listers post photos and updates of their health “woes.” They break a finger nail, they’ll Instagram it with a pic of them in hospital hooked up to a drip. It’s sad how desperate some are for attention.
Catherine does not need the attention.
A listers tend to keep their health private - hence why when people like David Bowie and Alan Rickman died we were all so shocked because we had no idea they were even ill.

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Any decent human would call for a ceasefire. The torture, suffering and death has gone on for far too long. Its genocide plain and simple.
I think it would have been dreadful for William to ignore it and not call for a cessation.

• Heart

Lammington

VIP Member
To be fair, if you've been through parentification, the early death of a parent, and the general WTFery of aristocratic upbringing without some mental health struggles along the way that's a level of emotional stability worthy of psychiatric study.

• Heart
  • Haha

Honeystar

VIP Member
Good God poor Thomas, Gabriella and his parents. My first thoughts were suicide but I was hoping it wasn't. You really never know what someone is going through, he was a hostage negotiator in Iraq I believe so has likely seen and experienced things many of us can only imagine. Money really means nothing when it comes down to it.

Reactions: 33

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I wonder if it is William's mental health that is the problem. He has been under a lot of stress lately. We hear a lot about Harry's trauma after his mother's death but not much about William. I wonder if he had a sudden panic attack or similar.
It wouldn't surprise me. Charles being ill and diagnosed with cancer could have brought it home to him how close to being King he is. Kate being very ill will have made him feel vulnerable.

• Heart
Reactions: 33