Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

veevee04

VIP Member
Also I think the king being public about his prostate and cancer was to deflect from what's going on with Kate. He's taking the press attention and intrusion instead. He's a good dad and father in law.

Reactions: 47

jkroche95

VIP Member
We really need an eye roll reaction to this thread! I nipped over to the Celeb gossip one and that turned into an “I hate H&M” thread 😂 Jesus Christ you marry a ginger bloke from one of the most dysfunctional families out there, knock a couple of kids out, move to America and you are the spawn of Satan for it!
tbf that's not why she's disliked

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

Lammington

VIP Member

I feel like there's quite a leap from liking organic farming to refusing treatment in favour of homeopathy and rubbing herbs on yourself.
If he was opposed to treatment I don't think he'd have gone under anaesthetic for the prostate op.

Reactions: 45

VielleFemme

A friend shared this with me at the end of last week from a private parenting FB group she is in. One of the other mums (who she knows reasonably well) posted:

"My dad is in the know because my mum was in the london clinic for years. So he knows a huge number of staff there. I'm betting every newspaper knows the actual truth. KM has a very severe eating disorder. She didn't have surgery. She was hospitalised to be tubefed as she was refusing to eat."

I obviously can't vouch for the truth of this as I don't know the woman, and am not in the group, but I saw the screenshot so it was a real post. She may be a fantasist, or exaggerating what her father told her, but thought I'd share it anyway. Doesn't sound very ethical for medical staff to be sharing this info if it is true!
If that is true (and I personally am sick to death of people claiming to have a secret source) then the medical staff are guilty of the most appalling breach of confidentiality and your friend's friend, and her dad, are also horrendously unethical.

Someone with a bit of decency should contact the hospital with that screenshot showing their names.

Reactions: 44

hannah123

VIP Member
Some people are honestly insane. Kate is dead or in a coma and being hidden after her husband beat her to a pulp, or asked for a divorce so she tried committing suicide. Until she’s actually seen in a car with her mum neither dead nor in a coma, at which point her mum has been recruited by the family to drive a body double around Windsor. Do you not realise how insane that sounds? Jesus Christ, could it be she has surgery and will return at Easter like they said and she just doesn’t want to be seen? Just because your neighbours friends nan was doing a marathon a week after having her organs reorganised doesn’t mean others don’t want to rest. Would bloody hate to work in a workplace with some of these people. Probably can’t even go for a wee without someone speculating why it took you 5 minutes when they can go in 2. God forbid you ring in sick around them and don’t send picture proof.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Lammington

VIP Member
I feel like the "Camilla broke up the marriage" rhetoric is rather over-simplified and driven by the deification of Diana post-death.
It plays into the whole idea that "the other woman" is always to blame and ignores the faults of the marriage proper, and the parties in the marriage. While Harry seems to have leaned back in to Camilla being the big bad, along with his sense of victimisation at the hands of Charles, William, the family as a whole, and quite possibly the corgis at this point, there's no reason to believe that's the attitude the family at large or William have.

I suspect if Charles pops his clogs before Camilla she'll be given the respect you'd expect for a dowager queen, but with the expected amendments to her role of a dowager queen with her own children and grandchildren who aren't royal.

Reactions: 43

neroli

VIP Member
I imagine Diana would be seen in a very different light now had the Paris tragedy never happened. She would probably be on her 3rd or 4th marriage, living abroad and not terribly involved in her sons' lives...in my opinion.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
Surely not even he can be that thick / clueless ? That does tie up with his lightning visit which didn't fit with KC3's schedule though...

lordy he makes me queasy.
Come on, people. He went on GMA to plug the invictus games and obviously had to field a couple of questions about his dad. He kept it polite and obviously the media made the KC3 stuff the headline because that’s what they do.

Honestly, so many people are just ready to get mad the second Harry does anything. Guy could save a kid from a fire and y’all would still claim that he started it himself for the attention. 😂😂

It’s just a website and a few minutes on GMA. No need to panic. Save the panic for if anyone spots Paddington behind Princess Anne or something!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Eirawen

VIP Member
Andrew striding confidently ahead of the rest of his family, the guy is superarrogant. I can't seem them lasting long after Charles passes to be honest.

Reactions: 42

Trafalgar

VIP Member
My 6 year old sent Charles a happy coronation card and she was so excited when she got a reply. She took the reply into school to show everyone her (pre printed) letter from the king. I wouldn't have written, but she made a cute card, and it brought her a lot of joy.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

bluesims

Whatever is going on with William and Catherine today, the optics of Andrew striding out repping the Royal Family are not good. I think Kensington Palace need to handle the comms around Catherine's situation better, because the minimal and vague information is churning the rumour mill at 1,000mph. I get that William wants to keep his family's privacy sacred, but a vacuum of information creates more problems than releasing something meaningful in the first place.

Reactions: 41

Skewbedu

VIP Member
For anyone that may be interested, I live in the Cotswolds and have done for many years. I've been lucky, in my opinion, to meet quite a few royals over the years. So I'll list them and give a brief opinion of what I thought of them 😂

King Charles, pre HoS - Lovely, went around the room at least three times and interacted with me just as many. Remembered my name on every interaction. Truly very generous with his time.

Camilla - Funny, a bit standoffish but not rude. She was very kind to the elderly people who were there to greet her but did look like she'd rather be elsewhere lol.

Princess Anne - The most down to earth of them all, chatted about horses and the roadworks outside Tetbury at the time that meant she was a few minutes late which, in her own words, she can't abide 😂

William - Interacted briefly at the Polo, wasn't overly kind or rude in any way. Just existed as a fairly normal human for the short time I was in his vicinity.

Harry - Entitled, charming and doesn't know his please and thank you's when it comes to the little people. Could have been a bad afternoon, or he could just be a wanker.

Sophie - She was a true delight, very funny, lovely to chat to, open to hugs from the vulnerable adults she was there to visit. Truly a lovely, lovely human with warmth and humour. My favourite of all ❤
I've met a few of them a few times too and I agree with you. Princess Anne was ready to chat for ages as I was riding a horse at the time we met. Very down to earth.

I've met Sophie plus seen her out privately with Lady Louise at a family event. She was warm and friendly and you could see how close mother and daughter are.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Honeystar

VIP Member
While I don't think she was hospitlaised for an eating disorder, I do think anyone in her position would likely have some sort of obsession with their weight and food. It's hard to imagine not being incredibly strict with yourself when you're one of the most photographed women in the world from every angle and even an extra couple of pounds will be scrutinised by the press and the public.

That being said, you only have to look at photos of her doing sports in shorts to see how toned and muscular she is, you don't get that from not eating. I've no doubt she has a strict diet and exercise plan but I don't think she's out there refusing to eat.

What's funny is that Meghan is no bigger than Kate, in fact her legs are even thinner, and yet I've never seen anyone debate if she has an eating disorder. It seems to be a narrative people are determined to stick to Kate for some reason.

Reactions: 40

wthamidoinghere

VIP Member
Where did you hear that they asked to be called sir and ma'am? I cant see that being true at all. He's not into all of that nonsense.
As someone who served Prince Harry at the Royal bar at the polo once, I can assure you he most certainly IS into all that nonsense lol.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

hashtagtea

Someone I was speaking to called him a coward and and idiot because he had everything he wanted and had things that people could only dream about - beautiful wife, friends, connections, family, money, status. Not saying I agree with this person, not at all. But I think the reasons they gave are why it feels more shocking because to everyday people he had it made. Of course none of us know what was happening privately.

I hope his father has support, finding a body with that sort of injury is highly traumatic but it being your own child is just another horrendous layer to it all.
This person clearly doesn’t understand mental illness. It doesn’t pick and choose.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I liked Diana. I know she wasn't perfect but not many people are.

I have always liked Camilla too and I do hope that she and Charles get to have many more years together.

Fishwife

Chatty Member
I wonder if it is William's mental health that is the problem. He has been under a lot of stress lately. We hear a lot about Harry's trauma after his mother's death but not much about William. I wonder if he had a sudden panic attack or similar.

• Heart

Honeystar

VIP Member
From a brand point of view it is a good move, Archwell was never going to have the kudos and recognition that the titles do. It is however staggeringly hypocritical to use the titles and crest of the institution you’ve trashed for the past 3 years for commercial gain

Reactions: 37