The Royal Family #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not giving details of someone’s personal health conditions makes it a ‘hidden world’ though. The late Queen certainly wouldn’t have updated the public on all aspects of her health.
I find this all so bizarre. We have been told that Catherine has had surgery, is recovering and will return after Easter. What more do we need to know?
Exactly! It's just the media getting their knickers in a twist about something as per usual. 🙄🙄
Most people I know can't see what all the fuss is about, and say worry about your own life rather than expecting a daily bulletin on someone else's, even if it is Royalty.
It's just clickbait for money.🥱

Reactions: 17
I do think this much speculation would have prompted the Queen to say “thank you for your concern blah, blah”. It’s not just the lack of updates on Kate’s health, a man who married in to their family has just killed himself, immediately after eating dinner with his parents he locked himself in their barn and took his own life with a gun. They held back releasing it for two days and reported no suspicious circumstances and then released a statement stating Prince William wouldn’t be attending his Godfather’s memorial service where he was due to give a reading because of “personal reasons”. The usual Royal experts such as Rebecca English are putting out their own statements out on it, repeating what KP stated about his absence. Sensible folk will not read in to it but the usual nutters will. I really don’t think Willy nipped out with a gun and unalived anyone but even the most ardent Royalists have to admit that the PR at KP is terrible. They are waving a red flag to millions of people on SM platforms. Tax payers fund them. They have a right to ask questions and polite answers are necessary. As stated on this thread by a few Tattlers, the people knitting and sewing gifts, the people who send cards, the good will gestures from the public deserve a bit more respect. Without folk like them, they’ll be turning up to open new wings of a hospital with no one there to wave at them.

Reactions: 25
I don’t think they held off announcing Thomas’s death for any reason other than he was a private citizen who had clearly died in extremely tragic and unexpected circumstances and they would have wanted to be sure everyone in his life, his friends and family, knew before it was made public. If he was found on Sunday evening they only really had Monday to tell people, I imagine they might have announced it earlier in the day on Tuesday had it not been for the memorial service. It’s not like there was a London Bridge plan in place for him.

its police practice to say there were no suspicious circumstances when someone is found dead and the cause isn’t publicly obvious (eg a car crash or cancer), Unfortunatley 9/10 it’s code for suicide which they can’t say until it’s been ruled that by a coroner

Reactions: 35
Poor Thomas, having his death made into public entertainment all because people who "knit" for the RF (because they want to, not cos anyone told them to) feel like they are owed something.

Reactions: 23
I don’t even think it’s the people who camp out or “knit” for them that want the details though. On Thomas or Kate. I think it’s the people who are anti royal or anti Kate who are complaining…the people who claim not to like them or that they’re irrelevant are the ones who are being the loudest about wanting to know every detail of her surgery

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I do think this much speculation would have prompted the Queen to say “thank you for your concern blah, blah”. It’s not just the lack of updates on Kate’s health, a man who married in to their family has just killed himself, immediately after eating dinner with his parents he locked himself in their barn and took his own life with a gun. They held back releasing it for two days and reported no suspicious circumstances and then released a statement stating Prince William wouldn’t be attending his Godfather’s memorial service where he was due to give a reading because of “personal reasons”. The usual Royal experts such as Rebecca English are putting out their own statements out on it, repeating what KP stated about his absence. Sensible folk will not read in to it but the usual nutters will. I really don’t think Willy nipped out with a gun and unalived anyone but even the most ardent Royalists have to admit that the PR at KP is terrible. They are waving a red flag to millions of people on SM platforms. Tax payers fund them. They have a right to ask questions and polite answers are necessary. As stated on this thread by a few Tattlers, the people knitting and sewing gifts, the people who send cards, the good will gestures from the public deserve a bit more respect. Without folk like them, they’ll be turning up to open new wings of a hospital with no one there to wave at them.
I’m sure that when Catherine finishes her recovery she will thank her well wishers.
The only reason they had to make clear that William’s absence from the memorial was unrelated to the recent death in the family is that they knew there would be wild speculation.
I think they’d be better off saying less about their personal matters, not more. Just like the late Queen.

Reactions: 13
I don’t even think it’s the people who camp out or “knit” for them that want the details though. On Thomas or Kate. I think it’s the people who are anti royal or anti Kate who are complaining…the people who claim not to like them or that they’re irrelevant are the ones who are being the loudest about wanting to know every detail of her surgery
100% correct. I'm a royalist and I was happy and content to understand that she was taking 3 months off after surgery to recover. I dont see a need for a statement. The supporters won't be the people making the noise, it's the idiots who think that they need to know everything about anyone who has a public life.
It's no one's business as to how she's recovering.
Even William pulling out of the memorial service, they are hardly going to announce that he's got diarrhoea and the immodium just isn't holding the flow.
I was more surprised at the gabriellas parents being at the memorial service once we heard that their son in law had died and even more so when I heard the cause of death. No one would have noticed if they hadn't been there.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
My cousin died of it in less than a year. On his 50s.
Agree , my Dad died of pancreatic cancer, over 20 years ago now , still horrifies me how quickly he got so ill. He passed away 3 weeks exactly after diagnosis.
I joined a pancreatic cancer forum at the time which I probably shouldn't have, as I realised this cancer is certainly a death sentence to most ..

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Absolutely. The Sussex stans especially are going wild. It's madness.

As for TQ being transparent, she was anything but. The last couple of years of her life where she missed several key events all we were told was she was 'having mobility issues'. It was obvious to anyone who pays attention to these things it was more but everyone left her alone.

I usually like Chris Ship but this tweet was dreadful. Allow? Jesus Chris.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Absolutely. The Sussex stans especially are going wild. It's madness.

As for TQ being transparent, she was anything but. The last couple of years of her life where she missed several key events all we were told was she was 'having mobility issues'. It was obvious to anyone who pays attention to these things it was more but everyone left her alone.

I usually like Chris Ship but this tweet was dreadful. Allow? Jesus Chris.

He’s a melt 🤬I saw Chris Ship on the news yesterday talking about Prince William in Wales and referred to him missing the appointment earlier in the week- he said something like the reason remains unknown “ for now” ….

Reactions: 5
I liked the footage yesterday of William in Wrexham. I'm not going to let him pour me a pint though !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Yel

They're definitely trying to modernise and changing things since QEII by sharing more, but it's so tricky to decide on what that line is. With many things in life you can't please everyone and lots will be annoyed regardless.

I think there is also a massive difference between some light hearted gossip and speculation and Twitter rants implicating serious allegations, demanding “transparency” and taking stuff like this for the truth. We all have one assumption or another about Kate’s operation. But I think most are aware that it’s all armchair diagnoses and could be completely untrue. I also haven’t seen any medical professional here stating the „real cause“ of what she is dealing with but rather giving some insight into usual hospital stays.
Just like we have some speculation about the health issues HMTQ might have had around before she died that go beyond an almost 100 year old body giving out. But it’s just speculation and I doubt we will be alive to find out.

Reactions: 9
This one! She was looking up at him smiling as he spoke to her then he ruffled her hair!
There was another little girl in a pink hat who handed him a daffodil. You can tell he is a hands on dad.

I was thinking about these walkabout and posing for selfies and being very close to the public. How things have changed. TQ would never have posed with anyone unless it was official. William, literally hugs strangers everyday for selfies.

Reactions: 10
There was another little girl in a pink hat who handed him a daffodil. You can tell he is a hands on dad.

I was thinking about these walkabout and posing for selfies and being very close to the public. How things have changed. TQ would never have posed with anyone unless it was official. William, literally hugs strangers everyday for selfies.
I think Diana showed them they could be less formal. I think Charles is still old school as he doesn’t like being filmed on his walkabouts and his ‘bodyguards’ tell people to put their phones down and enjoy the moment.

I always found the queen stand offish. She rarely smiled back in the day it was only in later life she seemed to soften slightly towards her subjects!

I think Diana showed them they could be less formal. I think Charles is still old school as he doesn’t like being filmed on his walkabouts and his ‘bodyguards’ tell people to put their phones down and enjoy the moment.

I always found the queen stand offish. She rarely smiled back in the day it was only in later life she seemed to soften slightly towards her subjects!
When QE visited the the Republic of Ireland in 2011, (apparently she always wanted to visit but she was advised it wasn't safe, ), I'd never seen her smile, let alone so broadly, she have been mid 80s in age then. So yeah, I think she did mellow over the years

Reactions: 15
When QE visited the the Republic of Ireland in 2011, (apparently she always wanted to visit but she was advised it wasn't safe, ), I'd never seen her smile, let alone so broadly, she have been mid 80s in age then. So yeah, I think she did mellow over the years
The world changed a lot during The Queen’s reign, though. When she came to the throne women in positions of authority were the exception added to which she was very young, surrounded by elder statesmen. (My own mum bucked the trend merely by carrying in working when she married. Scandal). I think it was probably something she used to give herself an air of gravitas. People have always stood in the crowd with a camera, it’s just that you couldn’t get a selfie with a Kodak instamatic - in fact all you were likely to get was a bit of a far away blob and a closeup of the head of the person in front.

Then again, in the 1980’s and 1990’s the way the press reported and the general tide change in deference impacted. In the 1930’s newspaper editors were cutting Mrs Simpson off photographs with the Prince of Wales. In the 1990’s they were trying to get shots of Diana kissing Dodi.

Unfortunately for the RF, that genie cant go back in the bottle and that is what their PR people need to navigate. It’s alright having flash Instagram accounts and wanting to people to follow and engage with when you want them to, but you also have to work out out to keep the information relevant even when you don’t want to, without sounding like a sulky child.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.