The Royal Family #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
they have gone on the record ruling out cancer. I don’t think that it would be tenable to deliberately lie if this was the case.
Has the palace denied it emphatically? TLQ had bone cancer and that wasn’t announced and there’s a lot of talk that P Philip had bladder cancer. If true they didn’t announce that either.

Reactions: 5
Having speculated on the last thread that Kate's surgery was gynaecological, I now agree with previous posters that it might be bowel related. I was speaking to someone over the weekend whose dad had a major bowel surgery and he was saying that bowel surgeries typically involve a long stay in hospital afterwards because the risk of septic infection is high and they want you there 'just in case'. Also as with all digestive type surgeries, they won't let you go until you can poo again and after bowel surgery it can take up to a week for your system to wake up again.

I also wonder if something chronic like Crohns Disease could explain Kate's thinness as people who deal with Crohns have to be very careful what they eat and only eat small amounts at any one time, am I right in thinking? Could even explain the hand plasters - as nutritional deficiencies in some areas will dry and crack the skin, especially when the weather gets cold.

Reactions: 21
I’m certain it’s bowel related. I know a couple of people who’ve had resections and all were in hospital for around a fortnight, because it’s not just the surgery which is huge and painful, but the bowel has to start working again before you can be discharged and that can take a while. I think she’d have said if it were a hysterectomy.

Kate could have Crohn’s and gone in for a bowel resection. I don’t know much about it but she’s always had dark circles under her eyes even as a child and that can be a sign of the disease? Anyone here more educated on it than me please let me know if I’m misinformed

Reactions: 6
I really hope the poor girl hasn't had to have a colostomy. It takes a while for patients to learn how to manage them which could explain the long hospital stay and her reluctance to discuss the matter (I certainly wouldn't want to if it were me, not like those influencers who post pics of themselves in skimpy undies with their bags on display). They can be difficult to manage even without being in the public eye. Sometimes they do temporary ones which can be reversed later.

Wouldn't she have suffered from visible bloating though? I know a couple of people with Crohn's (and similar diseases), they all look as if they were 3-5 months pregnant from time to time.
Bodies are different of course but I do wonder :unsure:

Reactions: 4
I find it so so strange that the named Camillas hysto, Sophie’s ectopic, Charles’ prostrate FGS, And now fergies skin cancer, after breast cancer. But Kate’s is so hush hush. That’s what is making me think it’s rather more serious than people are saying xx

Reactions: 17
I can understand William clearing his diary while she’s in hospital so that he can go back and forth between visiting her and the kids (it’s a 1 hour drive from the hospital to Windsor so back and forth each day will take up a chunk of time) but do agree it’s the “and for a period after” part that is alarming

Reactions: 12
Has the palace denied it emphatically? TLQ had bone cancer and that wasn’t announced and there’s a lot of talk that P Philip had bladder cancer. If true they didn’t announce that either.
I really don’t know where the bone cancer diagnosis came from. We talk about a woman standing, moving and talking in a lucid state 48h prior. Even with amazing pain management, she very probably died of old age. Might she have caught another sickness on the way? Maybe. Bone cancer even. Maybe. But she clearly didn’t die from it or received end of life treatment with the pain medication it would require.
This bone cancer „diagnosis“ was only ever mentioned on gossip boards or by tabloid royal journslists. Or from the friend that has a friend working for the MI6.

Reactions: 19
they have gone on the record ruling out cancer. I don’t think that it would be tenable to deliberately lie if this was the case.
Until there’s an official statement released about that I don’t buy on the record. I’m too much of a cynic these days 😂. If it turns out to be C then they can backtrack on unofficial record comments because it can be labelled as gossip and never something they officially said.

Reactions: 5
I mean to be fair the royal rota have explicitly stated that the non-cancerous has been formally briefed to them by Kensington Palace, it’s not just a “royal sources say it isn’t cancerous” so if it did turn out to be that it would be very obvious they had misled the public and I don’t think they could fall back on “we didn’t actually say that” argument

Reactions: 10
I really hope the poor girl hasn't had to have a colostomy. It takes a while for patients to learn how to manage them which could explain the long hospital stay and her reluctance to discuss the matter (I certainly wouldn't want to if it were me, not like those influencers who post pics of themselves in skimpy undies with their bags on display). They can be difficult to manage even without being in the public eye. Sometimes they do temporary ones which can be reversed later.
It would defo explain why she doesn't want to talk about it because if it was known she had a bag, you just KNOW that the scum tabloids would be printing huge close up pics of her and inviting readers to guess where the bag is on her body

Wouldn't she have suffered from visible bloating though? I know a couple of people with Crohn's (and similar diseases), they all look as if they were 3-5 months pregnant from time to time.
Bodies are different of course but I do wonder :unsure:
I think the bloating happens when you ingest something which causes a flare up. Maybe she's very, VERY vigilent about every tiny thing she puts in her mouth in an attempt to avoid it. But, she does wear loose fitting stuff sometimes and perhaps also the relatively sparse engagement calendar enables her to better manage the inevitable flare ups.

Reactions: 12
Major Ron Ferguson (Fergies Dad) had skin cancer. This may have posted twice no idea what I’ve posted before this, phone went haywire) 😂

Reactions: 2
A source from Deuxmoi is saying it's colon/bowel related.
Considering most of that is utterly made up and the person has been threatened with lawsuits plenty of times for making up blatant falsehoods and accusations I wouldn't believe it.

With the recovery time though I'd assume it is, but generally I don't trust internet gossip sources - they're 99.9% nonsense.

Reactions: 10
I really don’t know where the bone cancer diagnosis came from. We talk about a woman standing, moving and talking in a lucid state 48h prior. Even with amazing pain management, she very probably died of old age. Might she have caught another sickness on the way? Maybe. Bone cancer even. Maybe. But she clearly didn’t die from it or received end of life treatment with the pain medication it would require.
This bone cancer „diagnosis“ was only ever mentioned on gossip boards or by tabloid royal journslists. Or from the friend that has a friend working for the MI6.
The thing is, when you get to that age even with things like bone cancer, leukaemia or even any cancer it’s more a case of ‘die with, not of’, but she was obviously receiving treatment for something, given the obvious cannula bruises on her hands.
---
They can also backtrack quite neatly, if needed (hopefully not), by saying that it was it thought to be not cancer initially but the histology/pathology samples came back with unexpected results,
---
It would defo explain why she doesn't want to talk about it because if it was known she had a bag, you just KNOW that the scum tabloids would be printing huge close up pics of her and inviting readers to guess where the bag is on her body

I think the bloating happens when you ingest something which causes a flare up. Maybe she's very, VERY vigilent about every tiny thing she puts in her mouth in an attempt to avoid it. But, she does wear loose fitting stuff sometimes and perhaps also the relatively sparse engagement calendar enables her to better manage the inevitable flare ups.
My mum has a stoma from bowel cancer (and although she lost quite a lot of her internal workings, she didn’t actually need any further treatment apart from the op, no chemo at all) and my friend has one due to colitis and honestly with them both you would never know unless you know. If anything could do with a bit of high profile destigmatising it’s the colostomy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Apparently everyone close to the Queen (and those who were close to people like the Queen cousins) knew that HM in fact had what was described as blood cancer I think it was Gyles Brandreth who had a lot to do with Prince Phillips side who said the terrible bruising in her last public pictures were the only outward sign and that at her age she just accepted and got on with it with minimal intervention, which I thought was very sensible and reassuring to read .

Reactions: 7
IF she has a bag fitted I do think in time she might come out publicly and reveal all, but I could see why if so they haven’t yet, if it has been quite sudden that is a huge thing to get your head around, not to mention how active she is which of course she still can be, but it would impact her lifestyle at least whilst she got used to it. Unfortunately I do agree that the press would have a field day with it, but it would also be quite a wonderful thing to have a Princess with a bag, imagine what that would do for kids especially

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m leaning towards a colostomy as well. It’s the strange silence from the press that unsettles me. I wonder if they’ve been briefed? As someone said above ⬆, SF, KC etc etc have said what their diagnosis is so Kate not saying is making people assume.

Reactions: 7
Meh, yes, I can totally see her fasting the day(s) before engagements so she looks as slim as usual 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.