The Royal Family #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think William and Kate have made the relationship that works for them. She won’t go anywhere. I wouldn’t want to be her but she doesn’t care about that. She’s made whatever deal it was that needed to be made with him and she is happy with that.

I just hope they can work out a way to give their younger children sufficient freedom to be able to live their own lives and move away from the RF as they will have to do.

I maintain they should both do more. I think she is lazy and needs to step up now.
Show us a copy of her schedule then if you know so much about her movements🙄 you haven’t a scooby what she does day in day out or what goes on behind the scenes

Reactions: 7
I’ve heard stories from a former colleague who went to St Andrews as well.

the “rumours” about William being drunk to the point he stank on the morning of his wedding arent rumours - Prince Harry made the claim. You can chose to disbelief Harry. After all, he has his own bone of contention with William. But for all his flaws I don’t think he would outright lie about his own perceptions.
He may not be lying, and he’s obviously entitled to them, but as you so rightly say, it’s ‘his own perceptions’ and just as ‘recollections may vary’ I think this can probably also be applied to his perceptions…

Reactions: 6
Show us a copy of her schedule then if you know so much about her movements🙄 you haven’t a scooby what she does day in day out or what goes on behind the scenes

Princess Anne packed in between 12 and 14 engagements during a typical week in 2023. In contrast, the Prince and Princess of Wales would traditionally only step out once or twice on average weekly

Besides that it's probably working out and having lunch with Pippa/mum

• Sick

Princess Anne packed in between 12 and 14 engagements during a typical week in 2023. In contrast, the Prince and Princess of Wales would traditionally only step out once or twice on average weekly

Besides that it's probably working out and having lunch with Pippa/mum
The number of engagements proves what? Nothing…. What goes on behind the scenes? Meetings, phone calls, and yes shock horror parenting… the throwing out engagement numbers is a very weak argument - still not proof of laziness- and she is as entitled as the rest of us to meet whoever she likes for lunch- no one on here who insults Kate with the lazy label has any idea of how her days are spent. It’s all assumption or just a stick to poke her with

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The number of engagements proves what? Nothing…. What goes on behind the scenes? Meetings, phone calls, and yes shock horror parenting… the throwing out engagement numbers is a very weak argument - still not proof of laziness- and she is as entitled as the rest of us to meet whoever she likes for lunch- no one on here who insults Kate with the lazy label has any idea of how her days are spent. It’s all assumption or just a stick to poke her with
But those who are doing more engagements are presumably having more meetings and phone calls to set up those extra engagements? So still working harder than Kate (and William too).

Reactions: 8
Didn’t he write a flowery description of being at school when finding out the QM had died but he was actually skiing abroad. He has an odd relationship with the truth.
no he wrote a flowery description of it being a sunny spring morning when he received a phone call. He wrote that he was at Eton which I took to mean he was a student of Eton at the time, but I guess could also mean he was physically at Eton. Either way, he was on a skiing holiday at the time but with friends from Eton (as well as Charles and William), so… I don’t think that’s quite conducive to him being an all out liar, because he possibly misrepresented where he physically was at a time he was grieving and a young teen. It’s an easy mistake to make and doesn’t really detract from his memories at the time.

Harry definitely has some delusions and can be unreliable narrator at times, but I don’t think I’ve come across anything that makes me think he’s a deliberate liar. Misremembering a few minor details from childhood doesn’t make someone a total and utter liar.
---
come on. You can’t seriously think this woman is a hard worker behind the scenes. There’s literally zero evidence of that. The known facts are - the only real job she’s had has been part time and brief. She was frequently papped just faffing about on kings road prior to being married, when she wasn’t papped stumbling out of cabs. It’s a fact that she has had nannies, who are frequently pictured with her. It’s reasonable to conclude that she doesn’t organise her own visits and trips (the few she does do). She’s briefed and has speech writers. That’s why they, as a couple, have a full household of staff, including a personal hairdresser, a stylist and a PA. I think it’s fair to assume she has cooks and cleaners at her multiple residences too.

she has been pictured walking her kids to school, taking them out on a few trips, taking them swimming and walking a pram through Hyde park. That’s the only real evidence of any hands on parenting. I’m sure she’s a loving mother, but she gets an applause it seems, for doing the very basic minimum.

Last edited:
no he wrote a flowery description of it being a sunny spring morning when he received a phone call. He wrote that he was at Eton which I took to mean he was a student of Eton at the time, but I guess could also mean he was physically at Eton. Either way, he was on a skiing holiday at the time but with friends from Eton (as well as Charles and William), so… I don’t think that’s quite conducive to him being an all out liar, because he possibly misrepresented where he physically was at a time he was grieving and a young teen. It’s an easy mistake to make and doesn’t really detract from his memories at the time.

Harry definitely has some delusions and can be unreliable narrator at times, but I don’t think I’ve come across anything that makes me think he’s a deliberate liar. Misremembering a few minor details from childhood doesn’t make someone a total and utter liar.
---

come on. You can’t seriously think this woman is a hard worker behind the scenes. There’s literally zero evidence of that. The known facts are - the only real job she’s had has been part time and brief. She was frequently papped just faffing about on kings road prior to being married, when she wasn’t papped stumbling out of cabs. It’s a fact that she has had nannies, who are frequently pictured with her. It’s reasonable to conclude that she doesn’t organise her own visits and trips (the few she does do). She’s briefed and has speech writers. That’s why they, as a couple, have a full household of staff, including a personal hairdresser, a stylist and a PA. I think it’s fair to assume she has cooks and cleaners at her multiple residences too.

she has been pictured walking her kids to school, taking them out on a few trips, taking them swimming and walking a pram through Hyde park. That’s the only real evidence of any hands on parenting. I’m sure she’s a loving mother, but she gets an applause it seems, for doing the very basic minimum.
Queen mother died on Easter Saturday so he def wasn’t at school……..I didn’t even have to fact check as I remember but what a stupid thing to lie about………

• Haha
Queen mother died on Easter Saturday so he def wasn’t at school……..I didn’t even have to fact check as I remember but what a stupid thing to lie about………
like I said, I don’t think it’s a deliberate lie. Because as you pointed out, it doesn’t achieve anything.

I have a vivid memory of sitting in a flat in London when I got a phone call about my own grandmothers death. That’s how it exists in my minds eye. I was in my early 20s at the time. Except I know I can’t possibly have been in the flat I’m thinking of, because I wasn’t living there at the time she died. Grief and shock can do weird things to our memories, even more so if you’re a kid/teen.

I always took the passage to have meant that he was a student at Eton when it happened anyway.

regardless, it’s a minor detail that he’s clearly potentially misremembered.

I’ve said a million times, Harry is clearly very bias. He’s got a massive chip on his shoulder. Is in denial about a few things. But an all out liar? I don’t think misremembering stuff from childhood makes someone a liar.

it’s like people have clung to this little minor, insignificant detail as a comfort blanket because they don’t like how wills/Charles etc and the royal family come across in Harry’s book. So if you can split hairs and find a minor thing then that justifies dismissing his entire book as lies because people don’t like that he’s ruining the facade/fantasy they have of the royal family.

they are all pretty crappy people. There’s substantial evidence to suggest that, across the board. At best they are rude, angry and entitled. At worst they are dishonest, adulterous and engage in sex with teenage girls.

Reactions: 5

---

Geez you clearly have an axe to grind.

Shame on her for having nannies which plenty of people who don’t work, do. I’m assuming her role is no different to other senior execs. For example: I previously worked for a chairman of a bank, he never organised his meetings (I did that), I researched who he was meeting, having him a briefing note and prepped him ahead (I did this in other roles for managing directors too), and then I drafted thank you notes, which they added some personal details too. Now I wasn’t earning the big bucks, but the chairman certainly was and I was doing all the work to make him look good.

I’ll also give you some personal info on how some other people live. I have a sister who has three homes. Two homes are managed by staff full time just in case they wake up one morning and decide to go to another home. Two homes are fully kitted out with clothing,personal items, sports equipment etc so all they have to do it get there. The third property is a fully maintained flat - so they pack an overnight bag. My sister and her family live an incredibly privileged life. Lucky them.

At the end of the day Katherine is married to the future king. Whether you’re for or against the monarchy that is how it is. She too is privileged. Would I want to be her? No, but that was her choice and that’s the ying to her Yang
---

---

Shame on her for having nannies which plenty of people who don’t work, do. I’m assuming her role is no different to other senior execs. For example: I previously worked for a chairman of a bank, he never organised his meetings (I did that), I researched who he was meeting, having him a briefing note and prepped him ahead (I did this in other roles for managing directors too), and then I drafted thank you notes, which they added some personal details too. Now I wasn’t earning the big bucks, but the chairman certainly was and I was doing all the work to make him look good.

I’ll also give you some personal info on how some other people live. I have a sister who has three homes. Two homes are managed by staff full time just in case they wake up one morning and decide to go to another home. Two homes are fully kitted out with clothing,personal items, sports equipment etc so all they have to do it get there. The third property is a fully maintained flat - so they pack an overnight bag.

Reactions: 5

I’ll also give you some personal info on how some other people live. I have a sister who has three homes. Two homes are managed by staff full time just in case they wake up one morning and decide to go to another home. Two homes are fully kitted out with clothing,personal items, sports equipment etc so all they have to do it get there. The third property is a fully maintained flat - so they pack an overnight bag. My sister and her family live an incredibly privileged life. Lucky them.

At the end of the day Katherine is married to the future king. Whether you’re for or against the monarchy that is how it is. She too is privileged. Would I want to be her? No, but that was her choice and that’s the ying to her Yang
---

I’ll also give you some personal info on how some other people live. I have a sister who has three homes. Two homes are managed by staff full time just in case they wake up one morning and decide to go to another home. Two homes are fully kitted out with clothing,personal items, sports equipment etc so all they have to do it get there. The third property is a fully maintained flat - so they pack an overnight bag.
I… don’t really understand what your point here is? Yes, she’s rich?

my point was, she isn’t hard working.

a lot of top execs aren’t especially hard working either. What’s… your point there exactly?

how does you know someone who owns multiple homes… have anything to do with a discussion on the royal family? I’m not arguing she shouldn’t have staff. I’m saying there’s little to no evidence she’s hard working. Like establishing a career prior to marrying William - that would be suggestive of someone who is driven and works hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

- I haven’t said she is hardworking- I haven’t said she is lazy because like everyone here no one knows how she spends her days - throwing out numbers of engagements proves nothing- also no one here knows anything about their private life or how hands on she is with her children -it’s all speculation - I deal in facts not fairy stories-

Reactions: 4
I… don’t really understand what your point here is? Yes, she’s rich?

my point was, she isn’t hard working.

a lot of top execs aren’t especially hard working either. What’s… your point there exactly?

how does you know someone who owns multiple homes… have anything to do with a discussion on the royal family? I’m not arguing she shouldn’t have staff. I’m saying there’s little to no evidence she’s hard working. Like establishing a career prior to marrying William - that would be suggestive of someone who is driven and works hard.
My point is your perception is she isn’t hard working - how do you know? I bet you my chairman and MDs all thought they worked very hard and never considered how other other people help them do their role.

You are criticising her for having privilege (the several homes, staff, the Nannies, cleaners etc) that’s how some people live, and therefore assume she’s not hard working. We aren’t part of the royal household and therefore do not actually know.

Again just because she didn’t establish a career when she was younger doesn’t mean she’s not driven elsewhere. And even if she’s not driven, so what. If all she ever wanted to do was get married and have kids is that a crime?

I’m not sure what you’re expecting from her?

But when the person "misremembers" recent documented events over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again in interviews as an adult what does that make them? Aside from amnesiac or late-stage dementia. :rolleyes:

I think William and Kate have made the relationship that works for them. She won’t go anywhere. I wouldn’t want to be her but she doesn’t care about that. She’s made whatever deal it was that needed to be made with him and she is happy with that.
I mean, she lives in a lap of luxury with a pristine quality of life and children who worship her and people fawning over her all day. Her weak spot according to you is her relationship. What's the worst anyone can allege about William -- he's cheating? he's domineering? Well, most married women tolerate cheating or overbearing husbands and most people in relationships have a long list of things that piss them off daily about their partner ....... all without living in a lap of luxury and having the quality of life and all the other great things Kate has.

Cut the crap -- you would swap your life for Kate's even on her worst day and you know it. 🤭

• Haha
I certainly think William and Kate could both do more engagements and work more, but I also think a lot of Anne’s engagements are a load of fluff just to bulk her numbers in a competition with her brother.

But why is having a career the be all and end all of how hard working or lazy a person is? I feel this is a continuous insult at stay at home mums and Kate in this case, there’s more to life than having a career and for a lot of women raising their children is more important. Why does a persons job define their value?

Reactions: 15
But when the person "misremembers" recent documented events over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again in interviews as an adult what does that make them? Aside from amnesiac or late-stage dementia. :rolleyes:

You would also think if your family was one of the most photographed, documented and famous in the world, you would check some little detail like where you were when your great grandmother died especially if you were young at the time. Harry is an idiot who can't even be bothered to check basic facts before spouting nonsense. It makes him look slapdash and lazy. I suppose this is all part of 'his truth'. :rolleyes:

I do find all this talk about Catherine doing nothing quite bizarre. Non of us have any idea what their life entails on daily basis and yet some post like they are her PA running her diary. 🤣

Reactions: 19
But it’s not good for her. We all act like Kate “blagging” wills is some big achievement. And women are encouraged to look up to Kate because she “got the guy” who was an “eligible bachelor”.

except was he ever that eligible? He has money and status so… ok.

but he also isn’t great in the looks department. He’d never had a hugely charismatic personality, reportedly has a nasty temper. Has shown ambivalence towards her to the extent he broke up with her and was drunk/hungover the morning of their wedding. He’s not exceptionally talented, or clever. He’s not a catch on any real sense of the word.

mid anything, poor kate. Because she has settled for a substandard man because she’s been deluded enough to believe in his status, probably because of her own family background and their inverse snobbery. He’s been pictured out partying with other women with rumours he had a long term mistress etc etc. people dismiss all this because they want to believe in the fantasy.

what sort of situation is Kate in, realistically? William, let’s face it, married her because in all probability he knew she’d never divorce him. Because she can’t.

she has no job to fall back on. William and his family have more of a legal right to their children than she does it ever will have. Her parents aren’t wealthy enough to fight that level of primary legislation. She can’t earn a wage by herself and so is totally reliant on the fact that William can’t divorce her. At best, her sister’s family could financially help her - but sure as tit she is stuck in that marriage. It might be the best relationship in the world or it could be deeply toxic - either way Kate is pretty stuck in it. And no woman should ever say “well done” for that, for absolutely cornering herself for the sake of money and status.

in another life, kate would’ve pursued a career and earned her own money. She’d have settled down with a guy who didn’t get drunk the morning of their wedding, who didn’t break up with her for three months. She’d maybe only own a semi in the suburbs but everything she’d have would be hers and not through virtue of her husband. She’d have agency over her life. That’s what we should be encouraging women to idolise and cheer on.
Who are you to say it's not good for her??? That she should have made her own way on life.

I'm single, never married, don't have kids, care for my mum and everything I have in my life has been purchased through my own work efforts. But it's hard and it's lonely. Also I know I'll be working till I die cos my pension isn't worth that much. That's the independent life!!!

Would I swap it to marry a member of the Royal Family - not really - I'm Catholic so I think there might be a few issues. However if Baldy Albert from Monaco was still available, hell yeah!!! Even of the marriage didn't last the course, I'd walk away with a lottery win.

Same as Kate. If for whatever reason she divorced Big Willy, she'll get a handsome sum of money and will still be close to her kids. Diana wasn't exactly claiming unemployment benefit when she was wandering around Europe.

that has to be some very powerful black magick. btw, bunch of european princes and princeses became of age lately, even some heiresses of the thrones. they could earn a fortune.
You know, somehow I suspect that any future husbands of the princesses will be safe from accusations of "scheming" or being labeled as social climbers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.