The Royal Family #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Harry and Meghan’s Christmas card is a bit odd. Their obsession to keep their children private is getting beyond weird

Reactions: 11
Harry and Meghan’s Christmas card is a bit odd. Their obsession to keep their children private is getting beyond weird
It was odd. No sign of the children (surely everyone's wondering about them by now) and a "play" button in the middle of the photo.

Reactions: 4
I honestly think for Harry and Megan, keeping their children private is genuine on Harry’s part (since he was forced into the limelight as a child) and maybe a bit more shrewd business practice on Megan’s part. Limiting access to generate more interest? Or maybe she wants to keep it the Harry and Megan show and can’t risk Archie and lillibet taking any focus from her. Who knows.

I find the whole portrait as a Christmas card thing a bit twee
---
To answer @wkdlass
“If Lady Louise meets her future husband at uni (like a lot of people do), will it be decided his Mother had engineered it?”

I think if lady Louise’s hypothetical husband’s behaviour and circumstances matched Kate’s then.. yeh? It’s hard to argue against the reality Kate’s behaviour is highly suggestive that she changed Uni to coincide with William. And since her mum at the time was described as “pushy” and ambitious in the press, plus having herself “married up”, I don’t think it’s far fetched to assume she’d encourage her daughter - to whom she is very close - from doing the same. It hasn’t been pulled out of thin air. The crown researches have explained why they depicted if this way.

IMO the crown have decided to depict the middletons as the very best of the middle class (family oriented, stable, industrious) but also the very worst (thatcherites/Tory, snobbish, image conscious, pushy).

on that note, I don’t think there’s anything outlandish about depicting carol as a Maggie fan. They are both pretty steely women. Just because your grandad was a miner doesn’t mean you’re going to match his politics. In fact too often the case people forget their humble origins, lose their empathy and compassion in their effort to distance themselves from their “roots” which I think is why the crown put that line in. I mean Carole is the Embodiment of Thatcherite values.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
. Just because your grandad was a miner doesn’t mean you’re going to match his politics
I agree with everything you've said and this point in particular... we don't have to echo everything our roots do. In order to survive we should push ourselves further than our grandparents anyway.

Reactions: 4
Does raise some awkward questions about the other two children, though.
I was just taking the photo at face value, as in its very warm, festive appeal. And I guess I've been glad to see Princess Charlene looking happier recently (although why I care is beyond me as she wouldn't know me from a bar of soap!)

Reactions: 5
The Crown is an absolute cringe fest of supposition and made up nonsense. Good lookalikes though!

Reactions: 8
Thing is, mothers pushing daughters in the way of future Kings is a tale as old as time.

I don't see anything overly wrong with it as Carole was no way the only mum to do it. And I also think you need an element of steeliness to be a future queen. The same as a partner of any high profile powerful person.

Unlike Charles and Diana I do believe William and Catherine are a love match

Reactions: 16
As much as we'd like to think that times have changed, there are women right now changing their lives to chase after some guy.

Any UK tattlers remember the Jeremy Kyle Show - the number of women all chasing the same toothless man - sisters pited against each other by some guy who was a stranger to soap and water - friends who stopped talking to each other cos they were played by some creature who's bad back precluded him from work but not screwing around. Women - we're our own worst enemy.

So personally I feel if Kate did chase after William, we'll good for her cos she got the golden ticket. Never having to worry about paying the electricity bill, or where the money is coming from for Christmas. Yes she's got to turn up at events looking lovely. But some women like that stuff (not me - i always look like ive been dragged through a hedge backwards)

And can imagine Carol sitting in the Abbey watching Camilla being crowned thinking that'll be my girl one day - with Pippa standing beside her.

Of course all of this hangs on Wiliam being a willing victim. And that's the one thing that noone can depend on. William could have woken up one morning and decided he wanted a Megan type wife - a hugger - and the course of history would be changed.

If William did decide to marry Kate for the future of the crown, he made a good decision. She doesn't scare the horses and has produced 3 very photogenic children.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
William was also well used to girls throwing themselves at him. If he didn't feel something for Kate I doubt he would have married her or had such a long romance. They also split up which seems a relatively normal thing to do. They didn't jump in after 6 months.

I think oddly, being desperate to be in a relationship is more common than ever before in younger generation. Growing up in the 90s it was more about independence, world of opportunities etc. Now people seem to be settling early in their 20s, shows like love island are a massive hit, and so much of their life seems to hang on being in a relationship. Whether it's prince's or footballers, money and status plays as big a part as ever. It can work for guys going after rich/powerful women too (or men)

Reactions: 7
I honestly think for Harry and Megan, keeping their children private is genuine on Harry’s part (since he was forced into the limelight as a child) and maybe a bit more shrewd business practice on Megan’s part. Limiting access to generate more interest? Or maybe she wants to keep it the Harry and Megan show and can’t risk Archie and lillibet taking any focus from her. Who knows.
as far as i partly understand harry's concern, i'm afraid that when/if they show them on one fine day, nobody would belive they are realy theirs. all kind of weird gossip goes around about these children.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
As much as we'd like to think that times have changed, there are women right now changing their lives to chase after some guy.

Any UK tattlers remember the Jeremy Kyle Show - the number of women all chasing the same toothless man - sisters pited against each other by some guy who was a stranger to soap and water - friends who stopped talking to each other cos they were played by some creature who's bad back precluded him from work but not screwing around. Women - we're our own worst enemy.

So personally I feel if Kate did chase after William, we'll good for her cos she got the golden ticket. Never having to worry about paying the electricity bill, or where the money is coming from for Christmas. Yes she's got to turn up at events looking lovely. But some women like that stuff (not me - i always look like ive been dragged through a hedge backwards)

And can imagine Carol sitting in the Abbey watching Camilla being crowned thinking that'll be my girl one day - with Pippa standing beside her.

Of course all of this hangs on Wiliam being a willing victim. And that's the one thing that noone can depend on. William could have woken up one morning and decided he wanted a Megan type wife - a hugger - and the course of history would be changed.

If William did decide to marry Kate for the future of the crown, he made a good decision. She doesn't scare the horses and has produced 3 very photogenic children.
But it’s not good for her. We all act like Kate “blagging” wills is some big achievement. And women are encouraged to look up to Kate because she “got the guy” who was an “eligible bachelor”.

except was he ever that eligible? He has money and status so… ok.

but he also isn’t great in the looks department. He’d never had a hugely charismatic personality, reportedly has a nasty temper. Has shown ambivalence towards her to the extent he broke up with her and was drunk/hungover the morning of their wedding. He’s not exceptionally talented, or clever. He’s not a catch on any real sense of the word.

mid anything, poor kate. Because she has settled for a substandard man because she’s been deluded enough to believe in his status, probably because of her own family background and their inverse snobbery. He’s been pictured out partying with other women with rumours he had a long term mistress etc etc. people dismiss all this because they want to believe in the fantasy.

what sort of situation is Kate in, realistically? William, let’s face it, married her because in all probability he knew she’d never divorce him. Because she can’t.

she has no job to fall back on. William and his family have more of a legal right to their children than she does it ever will have. Her parents aren’t wealthy enough to fight that level of primary legislation. She can’t earn a wage by herself and so is totally reliant on the fact that William can’t divorce her. At best, her sister’s family could financially help her - but sure as tit she is stuck in that marriage. It might be the best relationship in the world or it could be deeply toxic - either way Kate is pretty stuck in it. And no woman should ever say “well done” for that, for absolutely cornering herself for the sake of money and status.

in another life, kate would’ve pursued a career and earned her own money. She’d have settled down with a guy who didn’t get drunk the morning of their wedding, who didn’t break up with her for three months. She’d maybe only own a semi in the suburbs but everything she’d have would be hers and not through virtue of her husband. She’d have agency over her life. That’s what we should be encouraging women to idolise and cheer on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Has the rumour he was “drunk” the morning of his wedding ever been proven? I mean it was televised and I don’t recall him looking drunk. Being somewhat hungover I can’t imagine is unusual for most men at their wedding. And even having a couple of drinks to loosen the tension and nerves isn’t unheard of. I mean on my wedding morning I definitely enjoyed a couple of glasses of champagne whilst having my hair, make up etc done.

I also think being 18-21 at university plenty of women were throwing themselves at the handsome prince ( he was handsome then ). Or at least positioning themselves to be noticed by him. I don’t know why we’re judging a woman so much for doing what evidently suited her.

Reactions: 26
Two of my friends got married recently and I know the boys were having shots of vodka at 5am and the girls were drinking prosecco from 6am. It was a very happy wedding, I’ve never seen the bride and groom so happy, I don’t think drinking on a wedding day means anything, some people do it 🤷🏻‍♀️

The idea that Kate would have nothing if Will divorced her is mad. She would never need to earn a wage again in her life, she could either marry another rich man or earn money attending events and doing the circuits. Even go down the slimey celeb route of a Netflix show or book. If Meghan has managed to make money from her 18 months in the family, Kate and her 15 years can make a fortune.

Reactions: 16
I mean Iknow people who went to St Andrews then and - the STORIES. Small town and small uni. Everyone knew Kate was there to bag William and was blatant about it. Facts.

Her whole life was about William. There’s no independence there. Meghan is the same- desperate to snag a rich man and landed on a drug addled prince, using his mummy issues so he could be her white knight, who she thought had riches beyond belief but when he didn’t she threw a tantrum and they left.

Reactions: 3
I mean Iknow people who went to St Andrews then and - the STORIES. Small town and small uni. Everyone knew Kate was there to bag William and was blatant about it. Facts.

Her whole life was about William. There’s no independence there. Meghan is the same- desperate to snag a rich man and landed on a drug addled prince, using his mummy issues so he could be her white knight, who she thought had riches beyond belief but when he didn’t she threw a tantrum and they left.
so how did they do it, snag the prince? i mean, there were probably other girls in st. andrews at the time. and not to mention young women from his social circle.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.