Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
The statement is the upper class version one of those Facebook posts where someone checks into the hospital, but doesn't say why, prompting much speculation from those not in the loop.

Kate be like "Inbox me hun".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

queenamber

VIP Member
With all due respect, everyone chiming in with their own "I was in hospital for 3-5 days after my op", you weren't the future Queen of England! It's not like her doctors will be watching the clock waiting to empty the bed for the next patient. The extended hospital stay is probably out of an abundance of caution given her status.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

Lammington

VIP Member
He does look very ill though. I know or to me he looks like he has aids. This being due to the extreme weight loss.. Also the rumours going on for years.. adding 2+2 =5 means I could be getting it totally wrong
I feel like it should be pointed out that HIV/AIDS is neither a disease exclusive to gay men, nor a guaranteed death sentence with medical progress that has been made. Given the medical care the royals can access, were Edward HIV+ I'd be downright shocked if he'd not accessed appropriate medical care to avoid it progressing to AIDS.

Even if Edward is in the closet, I would not leap straight to HIV/AIDS to explain why he's looking ill.

Reactions: 42

Skewbedu

VIP Member
Flip this on its head. Instead of the clinic, she demanded to go into a NHS hospital. You would have sniffer dogs everywhere, police and royal protection having to be constantly checking all comers. It would be horrendous and disruptive to all other patients and dangerous for her and any visitors. Just stupid. So yes they can afford the best care, so can most UK politicians, celebrities and sports people etc etc. But the vitriol is reserved for Kate being ill. Maybe Charles will just pop into his local Lloyds Pharmacy and get them to do a TURP while he chats to Mrs Wilson about her piles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

hannah123

VIP Member
I don't see what people get out of bitterly comparing the Royals' circumstances to theirs? Like the people who complain that Kate has nannies and doesn't have to work 9-5. So do hundreds of thousands of others based on various circumstances (rich family, hard work, lottery, alimony, whatever). What is it about this particular woman that makes you look upon your own life with such misery?
I don’t really understand the people that are like “pfft off work till Easter, statutory sick pay wouldn’t cover/I wouldn’t get that/I’d have to take unpaid leave” or some variation of that. Like there are plenty are jobs and companies that would allow their worker to have 2 months off after major surgery that saw them have a 2 weeks hospital stay, and pay the employee in full. If your employer is so shit they want you straight back to work then find a new job or take it up with your employer that they’re shit. People are doing themselves a disservice in wallowing in their own pity rather than fighting for better rights for themselves.

Reactions: 40

lemon89

What I find bizarre are those speculating she’s in for a ‘facelift etc’ …I mean I may be wrong but surely if she wanted that she would have been better to sneak off during the summer when she has no engagements rather than announce to the world she’s in hospital 🙈

Reactions: 39

Skewbedu

VIP Member
The fact that Kate has worn white/cream in recent months also tends to make me feel it’s not gynae related as that would be the last thing I’d wear plus all the standing etc. My friend met her in November and she is so, so tiny and the only thing I’d add that my friend said straight away when she met her was that her makeup was literally caked on and that really surprised her. Last time she met her it was more this natural and this time it was OTT. Tiredness or illness maybe?
Again, I truly hope she recovers well.
I've met her several times through work. She is definitely even slimmer than you'd imagine from photographs, but she has never looked gaunt or unwell, so just that sort of naturally slim, sporty look.

I'm saddened by people complaining and almost wishing her ill. I know people don't like the royals etc and feel they have a privileged life. I get all that. But whether she was a workhorse or workshy doesn't matter, she's a youngish mother having serious health issues. Can't people just let things go sometimes?

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Skewbedu

VIP Member
Going to be ten pages of everyone confirming how long their {insert surgery of choice} lasted now. And Dr Tattlers all deciding a diagnosis, so the statement was farcical as per.

• Haha
Reactions: 37

hannah123

VIP Member
Flip this on its head. Instead of the clinic, she demanded to go into a NHS hospital. You would have sniffer dogs everywhere, police and royal protection having to be constantly checking all comers. It would be horrendous and disruptive to all other patients and dangerous for her and any visitors. Just stupid. So yes they can afford the best care, so can most UK politicians, celebrities and sports people etc etc. But the vitriol is reserved for Kate being ill. Maybe Charles will just pop into his local Lloyds Pharmacy and get them to do a TURP while he chats to Mrs Wilson about her piles.
And could you imagine if she had gone NHS. People would be lambasting her for having so much money but still taking resources from the NHS. If Kate had never met William she would still have gone private because one of: her parents are wealthy and would pay, she would have inevitably married a different wealthy man or she would have put her degree and university contacts to good use and have made her own money.

I think it’s obvious I like Kate but she’s never been like us, not when she was at boarding school and not now she wears tiaras, and that’s fine, you don’t have to see yourself in someone to like them. The rise of the populist movement of political figures trying so hard to relate to us has done the world no good. But people seemed obsessed with the idea they have to hate or criticise anything different or more privileged than them, you can fight against social injustice but fuck me moaning someone rich has used a private hospital, have a day off.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I think KP would have been better off being honest with the public about what the surgery was for - the secrecy has made things worse, creating whirl-wind speculation and conspiracy theories that are probably far worse than reality.
I am really loath to defend KP or Kate, but blimey, she’s absolutely entitled to some privacy. Whatever her medical issues are, it’s none of our business. I don’t blame her at all for not wanting her reasons for being in hospital all over the tabloids.

The number of posters on here confidently declaring that they know why she’s in hospital, though. Have a word with yourselves.

Miss Perla

I don't think I would want my neighbours discussing my heavy bleeding or my bowel playing up , never mind the world and his wife. Hopefully she is doing ok and will be home soon.

• Heart

Em_gardener

VIP Member
She may decide to share whatever it is once she's on the other side of it. Just because she's not talking about it at the moment doesn't mean she never will. It's harder to talk about or share things when you're in the middle of them sometimes. 2 weeks is a long time to be in hospital. I definitely think she'd be out of there asap so it must have been a big operation.

mushroomprincess22

Chatty Member
I’m not a follower of this thread, I’ve only just discovered it so I’m going to have a bit of a flick through previous pages!

Forgive me if this isn’t the place. I’m not sure how much love there is for King Charles on here. But I just wanted to come on and add that my partner has had many personal encounters with Charles at work over the years and he speaks of him very highly. He says he is a very kind man with a great and wicked sense of humour 🥰. A lot of the men played jokes on Charles whenever he visited and he would always laugh and play along! X

Boring Monday

VIP Member
The cynic in me is wondering if Charles released that statement today because he's annoyed all the talk is on Kate. With this family's fragile egos you never know 😂
I think they had to release the news before Charles to explain why the top tier are out of action at the same time and because of tour cancellarions.

It actually makes me wonder if Kate’s was more quick planned because I really don’t think they would want Charles, Kate and potentially William out of action at the same time with Andrew eyeing up the Uniform dressing up box and empty diary.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I think Charles being so honest is deliberate. Prostrate problems are very common in men of his age and by being so open he’s raising awareness and showing that it’s an issue that can affect any man.

I’ve said it before on this thread and I’ll say it again, I think Carole and Michael Middleton have done wonderful jobs on raising their children. You never hear of Pippa or the brother drunk and disorderly. The worst you can say is Pippa married well, the brother has suffered with depression and his business failed. They come across as a close family.

If Carole wrote a ‘how to keep your family close whilst the media scrutinised everything they did’ book, I’d buy it

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Multi-21

VIP Member
I don’t think standing watching the royals go to church is any sadder than going to Leicester Square to see Tom Cruise at a film premiere, or lining the streets when your favourite football team parade a trophy from a bus top.
Christmas Day is probably the closest some people will ever get to see the royals and if you are a fan why not take the opportunity? Whatever floats your boat

• Heart

Honeystar

VIP Member
I don’t understand everyone moaning that she should have had to wait like everyone else. Plenty of people have private healthcare, not to mention the fact that could you imagine the outcry if she went NHS and took someone’s spot on the list. Plus the sheer chaos it would be for an already exhausted workforce. They would have to check every single person that walked into A&E 😂

grace28

Chatty Member
The royal family aren’t exactly honest. Prince Philip was in ‘good spirits’ the week he died.

• Haha