The Royal Family #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so how did they do it, snag the prince? i mean, there were probably other girls in st. andrews at the time. and not to mention young women from his social circle.
The Middletons should have bottled whatever magic potion they used to snare Big Willie - the demand for that would have been off the charts😜

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’ve said it before on this thread and I’ll say it again, I think Carole and Michael Middleton have done wonderful jobs on raising their children. You never hear of Pippa or the brother drunk and disorderly. The worst you can say is Pippa married well, the brother has suffered with depression and his business failed. They come across as a close family.

If Carole wrote a ‘how to keep your family close whilst the media scrutinised everything they did’ book, I’d buy it

• Haha
Reactions: 33
The Middletons should have bottled whatever magic potion they used to snare Big Willie - the demand for that would have been off the charts😜
that has to be some very powerful black magick. btw, bunch of european princes and princeses became of age lately, even some heiresses of the thrones. they could earn a fortune.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I mean Iknow people who went to St Andrews then and - the STORIES. Small town and small uni. Everyone knew Kate was there to bag William and was blatant about it. Facts.

Her whole life was about William. There’s no independence there. Meghan is the same- desperate to snag a rich man and landed on a drug addled prince, using his mummy issues so he could be her white knight, who she thought had riches beyond belief but when he didn’t she threw a tantrum and they left.
I’ve heard stories from a former colleague who went to St Andrews as well.

the “rumours” about William being drunk to the point he stank on the morning of his wedding arent rumours - Prince Harry made the claim. You can chose to disbelief Harry. After all, he has his own bone of contention with William. But for all his flaws I don’t think he would outright lie about his own perceptions. And again, a few Proseccos while getting ready the morning of your wedding aren’t the same as stinking of alcohol and going on the lash the night before. The latter behaviour is weird AF and I’m sorry, I’ve never known a happy groom to do that.

the “rumours” about William being drunk to the point he stank on the morning of his wedding arent rumours - Prince Harry made the claim. You can chose to disbelief Harry. After all, he has his own bone of contention with William. But for all his flaws I don’t think he would outright lie about his own perceptions. And again, a few Proseccos while getting ready the morning of your wedding aren’t the same as stinking of alcohol and going on the lash the night before. The latter behaviour is weird AF and I’m sorry, I’ve never known a happy groom to do that.
He must have the nose of a bloodhound if he could smell Wills all the way from St Andrews🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve said it before on this thread and I’ll say it again, I think Carole and Michael Middleton have done wonderful jobs on raising their children. You never hear of Pippa or the brother drunk and disorderly. The worst you can say is Pippa married well, the brother has suffered with depression and his business failed. They come across as a close family.

If Carole wrote a ‘how to keep your family close whilst the media scrutinised everything they did’ book, I’d buy it
none of them have pursued meaningful jobs. Out of the three, only James has attempted it and failed miserably. He’s had a litany of mental health issues. They’ve all had to rely on their spouses to financially support them.

they don’t have strong friendships it seems, relying only on each other and being very insular. Kate has been papped stumbling out of clubs on many an occasion though that’s a weird thing to pick up - I don’t think an adult having a few messy nights out are indicative of a poor upbringing. They are a close family but again, that doesn’t mean much. I’ve known lots of very toxic, close families.

I don’t think they’ve done a bad job raising their children but I’m not sure I’d be about to ask for advice. And I’m not sure my values would be aligned with the middletons at any rate.
---
He must have the nose of a bloodhound if he could smell Wills all the way from St Andrews🤣
huh?

Reactions: 5
If William was so drunk the morning of the wedding he must be a very good actor. The amount of eyes and cameras on him and there wasn't a sign of him being drunk.

Plus he also drove in the early evening, again in front of the world's cameras

Reactions: 19
Two of my friends got married recently and I know the boys were having shots of vodka at 5am and the girls were drinking prosecco from 6am. It was a very happy wedding, I’ve never seen the bride and groom so happy, I don’t think drinking on a wedding day means anything, some people do it 🤷🏻‍♀️

The idea that Kate would have nothing if Will divorced her is mad. She would never need to earn a wage again in her life, she could either marry another rich man or earn money attending events and doing the circuits. Even go down the slimey celeb route of a Netflix show or book. If Meghan has managed to make money from her 18 months in the family, Kate and her 15 years can make a fortune.
I didn’t say she’d have nothing. I said she was stuck. because she wouldn’t be granted access to her children as direct lines to the throne, unless it was at Wills/Charles discretion.

She’d have to go down the Prince Harry route - except she doesn’t even have the credentials Prince Harry does. She never had the good will Prince Harry once did. If she’s popular now, it’s because she’s not Meghan. She’s never been a good public speaker and never really seemed to enjoy it. What else is she fit for then, really? Selling out to Netflix?

she’s stuck. Marrying someone else strategically is hardly much of an option is it?

To be fair, if my wedding was going to be watched by that many people I think I'd have had a few stiff ones and I'm teetotal!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I mean Iknow people who went to St Andrews then and - the STORIES. Small town and small uni. Everyone knew Kate was there to bag William and was blatant about it. Facts.

Her whole life was about William. There’s no independence there. Meghan is the same- desperate to snag a rich man and landed on a drug addled prince, using his mummy issues so he could be her white knight, who she thought had riches beyond belief but when he didn’t she threw a tantrum and they left.
I’m intrigued if we know the same people 😂

apparently he was considered pretty bland and boring at St Andrews. His first girlfriend was apparently all too happy to pass him onto Kate and off her hands.

But it’s not good for her. We all act like Kate “blagging” wills is some big achievement. And women are encouraged to look up to Kate because she “got the guy” who was an “eligible bachelor”.

except was he ever that eligible? He has money and status so… ok.

but he also isn’t great in the looks department. He’d never had a hugely charismatic personality, reportedly has a nasty temper. Has shown ambivalence towards her to the extent he broke up with her and was drunk/hungover the morning of their wedding. He’s not exceptionally talented, or clever. He’s not a catch on any real sense of the word.

mid anything, poor kate. Because she has settled for a substandard man because she’s been deluded enough to believe in his status, probably because of her own family background and their inverse snobbery. He’s been pictured out partying with other women with rumours he had a long term mistress etc etc. people dismiss all this because they want to believe in the fantasy.

what sort of situation is Kate in, realistically? William, let’s face it, married her because in all probability he knew she’d never divorce him. Because she can’t.

she has no job to fall back on. William and his family have more of a legal right to their children than she does it ever will have. Her parents aren’t wealthy enough to fight that level of primary legislation. She can’t earn a wage by herself and so is totally reliant on the fact that William can’t divorce her. At best, her sister’s family could financially help her - but sure as tit she is stuck in that marriage. It might be the best relationship in the world or it could be deeply toxic - either way Kate is pretty stuck in it. And no woman should ever say “well done” for that, for absolutely cornering herself for the sake of money and status.

in another life, kate would’ve pursued a career and earned her own money. She’d have settled down with a guy who didn’t get drunk the morning of their wedding, who didn’t break up with her for three months. She’d maybe only own a semi in the suburbs but everything she’d have would be hers and not through virtue of her husband. She’d have agency over her life. That’s what we should be encouraging women to idolise and cheer on.
Can you give a reliable source that William was drunk the morning of his wedding? Or are you just taking Harry's very unreliable story for truth?

You know, the book that has been disproven multiple times (even in court) and Harry himself said it wasn't factual.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
To be fair, if my wedding was going to be watched by that many people I think I'd have had a few stiff ones and I'm teetotal!
yeh but it’s not like William was a stranger to being subject to those types of crowds and news coverage. He’d grown up with it.

I think at the end of the day it comes down to a balance of probabilities.

How likely is it that Harry would make that sort of claim, and it be entirely untruthful?

how much can you really tell about how drunk someone is (or isn’t) based on how they look?

for me, my rationale is that I dont think Harry would outright lie. He has strategic omissions sometimes and can misremember some details, plus he has his own biases. But I don’t think he’d outright lie.

I felt that William being on/off with Kate and well documented behaviour (him being photographed with other women), plus the weirdness and awkwardness of their engagement interview: would marry well with the idea he wasn’t fully committed to being married and needed a few drinks to get through it.

the fact he drove off and forgot to release the handbrake doesn’t lend itself well to him being fully sober either.

for me, I think it’s believable. Others may disagree or want to believe otherwise and it’s everyone’s prerogative what they choose to believe.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
none of them have pursued meaningful jobs. Out of the three, only James has attempted it and failed miserably. He’s had a litany of mental health issues. They’ve all had to rely on their spouses to financially support them.

they don’t have strong friendships it seems, relying only on each other and being very insular. Kate has been papped stumbling out of clubs on many an occasion though that’s a weird thing to pick up - I don’t think an adult having a few messy nights out are indicative of a poor upbringing. They are a close family but again, that doesn’t mean much. I’ve known lots of very toxic, close families.

I don’t think they’ve done a bad job raising their children but I’m not sure I’d be about to ask for advice. And I’m not sure my values would be aligned with the middletons at any rate.
---

huh?
We’ll agree to disagree.

I think you’re relying too much on the media and one view being shown to make your opinions.

Only on Tattle or Mumsnet is it seen as a crime to rely on a spouse for financial support. I haven’t worked in 10 years being at home for our child my whilst my husband works hard. Is that a crime?

And How do you know they don’t have friends?? From my days of paging through Hello there used to be plenty of articles about William & Kate entertaining the Norfolk set. And William certainly has a loyal group of friends. Again, and this is my experience- it’s the women as partners who join the male friendship groups. Very few men abandon their male friends in favour of women. Again only my experience

I also don’t think having the odd messy night out is a crime but the Middletons are certainly not the car crash the Markles (or even my own family) are… even uncle Gary people don’t really bat an eyelid at anymore.

Reactions: 15
We’ll agree to disagree.

I think you’re relying too much on the media and one view being shown to make your opinions.

Only on Tattle or Mumsnet is it seen as a crime to rely on a spouse for financial support. I haven’t worked in 10 years being at home for our child my whilst my husband works hard. Is that a crime?

And How do you know they don’t have friends?? From my days of paging through Hello there used to be plenty of articles about William & Kate entertaining the Norfolk set. And William certainly has a loyal group of friends. Again, and this is my experience- it’s the women as partners who join the male friendship groups. Very few men abandon their male friends in favour of women. Again only my experience

I also don’t think having the odd messy night out is a crime but the Middletons are certainly not the car crash the Markles (or even my own family) are… even uncle Gary people don’t really bat an eyelid at anymore.
“I think you’re relying too much on the media to form your opinions…”

“Well HELLO magazine said they have friends”

• Haha
And??? 😂😂😂😂 Where in the Times or FT are they discussing their social life 😘

Yes yes I know you probably read another paper but hopefully you also understand the nuance on a forum

Reactions: 1
I thought the crown portrayal was quite sympathetic to William and Kate (Carole on the other hand maybe not so much).

Reactions: 2
And??? 😂😂😂😂 Where in the Times or FT are they discussing their social life 😘

Yes yes I know you probably read another paper but hopefully you also understand the nuance on a forum
There’s no real nuance though. On one hand you’re saying the media isn’t a reliable source for info on their personal lives, on the other hand you’re quoting hello magazine.
---
I thought the crown portrayal was quite sympathetic to William and Kate (Carole on the other hand maybe not so much).
I thought it was very sympathetic

Reactions: 3
I didn’t say she’d have nothing. I said she was stuck. because she wouldn’t be granted access to her children as direct lines to the throne, unless it was at Wills/Charles discretion.

She’d have to go down the Prince Harry route - except she doesn’t even have the credentials Prince Harry does. She never had the good will Prince Harry once did. If she’s popular now, it’s because she’s not Meghan. She’s never been a good public speaker and never really seemed to enjoy it. What else is she fit for then, really? Selling out to Netflix?

she’s stuck. Marrying someone else strategically is hardly much of an option is it?
But Will and Charles wouldn’t restrict her access to the kids. They’d look cruel and ruin any goodwill that the monarchy has. Kate is the most popular of the whole family, and has generally been popular since the wedding, if it came out they were restricting access it would be over for them.

I don’t see why marrying someone else who’s rich isn’t an option. She’s spent 12 years living the life of a princess, if she had to remarry it would be with someone that is living a similar standard of life. Some men like being providers and some women like being home keepers, I don’t see a problem if she sought that out.

Would you have a similar problem for anyone who married William? Whoever it was would have given up any career they had/wanted, and would be in the same legal standing with the kids.

You can chose to disbelief Harry. After all, he has his own bone of contention with William. But for all his flaws I don’t think he would outright lie about his own perceptions.
Didn’t he write a flowery description of being at school when finding out the QM had died but he was actually skiing abroad. He has an odd relationship with the truth.

Reactions: 19
I think William and Kate have made the relationship that works for them. She won’t go anywhere. I wouldn’t want to be her but she doesn’t care about that. She’s made whatever deal it was that needed to be made with him and she is happy with that.

I just hope they can work out a way to give their younger children sufficient freedom to be able to live their own lives and move away from the RF as they will have to do.

I maintain they should both do more. I think she is lazy and needs to step up now.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.