The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100% agree, its bloody pathetic that your judged by your social media output, I know people who regularly tell lies on it and make up tit to make them appear to have an amazing social, love and home life, Im aware that others who view it get sucked into it, while Ive got the savvy to see it for what it is and laugh at it, Catherine is everything we need in a future Queen, I love that she is predictable, solid, consistent and reliable and dignified
I think Kate is bland because she has never pursued anything meaningful. Nothing to do with her social media output.

I’m a pretty reserved, quiet person. No doubt lots of people would find me bland, too. Except I have a lot of interests and passions that I feel strongly about. I’ve had an interesting and varied career. I’ve travelled widely. I’ve volunteered and done actual work (not just gotten a briefing in a limo, shook some hands, cut a ribbon and gone home “work”.) I’ve mixed with people from all walks of life.

if someone asks me how I spent my 20s, I could say all of that.

if someone asked Kate how she spent her 20s?

it was mostly getting blow outs and shopping on the kings road, with the occasional luxury holiday and of course, following Prince William around. A Part time lip-service job so she can work around his schedule. He moved to remote Anglesey then so does she, and so on.
---
Tbh, we have no idea what she is doing with her time when not at public engagements. For all we know she could be working 9-5 having meetings etc. I’d argue that getting her hair done, beauty regimes, working out to maintain her look etc are all part of her job too.

I don’t think they’re anything like me, nor do I want them to be. All I want the Royal Family to be is a group of people that other world leaders have an intrigue about so they want to meet them, so they hold a sort of soft power for the UK on a world stage.

As bad as this may sound, I really don’t care if they aren’t out and about every single day. I just don’t want to have someone like Boris Johnson, or Donald Trump, as my head of state.

And I’m glad they are political neutral. I literally could not give less of a tit what Kate’s opinions on the Tories or Labour are. That’s not the job. Her job is to represent the UK on a world stage, and to support charities at home. If she also wants to spend time with her children when they’re young I don’t begrudge that. If she’s in a position where she can then fair play to her tbh 🤷🏻‍♀️
I feel there’s a better middle ground rather than it must be royalty or we get trump as a president.

for one, the American presidential system is partisan and not one we’d strictly be bound to. It wouldn’t fit neatly into our parliamentary system anyway. The states model of governance is entirely different to the UK’s and there’s no reason why we’d ever adopt the US system.

a more likely model would be the Irish one - whereby we’d have a prime minister (they have a Taoiseach) and a directly elected president who fulfilled ceremonial roles. The Irish system has a president who basically does all the things the monarch in the U.K. does (appoints government, passes bills, etc).
---
I've no idea what she's like away from the cameras but she's not an embarrassment to the RF and sometimes "bland" is preferable to being outspoken and divisive. What's so bad about being "palatable"? She's not a reality TV star.
because women have been conditioned to be bland, palatable, quiet and demure for centuries. And if a certain public role demands a woman to forgo any sort of personality then maybe that public role isn’t fit for purpose anymore?

Because we need female public figures who inspire young girls and women to be braver in speaking out. Not saying Kate should have strong political opinions or court controversy, but there’s a happier middle ground. Women who speak out on matters that are important to them. Women who lead the way. Women who care about other women.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Because the British taxpayer pays for her. We make all sorts of demands on people who received benefits, they have to look for work, do courses etc. if we fund her then she has to be doing something. I wouldn’t bother to comment on her brother and sister and how they spend their time as a comparison. The fact she receives public money is also why I completely understand why she and William couldn’t help her parents out when their business collapsed (although I could also understand the anger of suppliers that they didn’t because they are so publicly wealthy), they would be under too much scrutiny. It’s also why I would never ever joins the RF (not that I have been asked 🤭), people will always feel they have a right to scrutinise them and because their child will be the next monarch, they can be scrutinised too (unlike children of presidents who can have a much stronger argument for privacy). It’s not healthy for the family at all and it wouldn’t be my first choice for how to have a head of state. But if the alternative would be Trump, Johnson, Blair etc then it feels like it’s the least worst option. As long as they are scrutinised carefully and have limited power.
Well, in this case, the best is to abolish the monarchy. Because apart the belief they are the representants of the UK, there is zero justification to pay anyone that kind of money or sustain that lifestyle just because of who they are or who they have married. I don't have any real opinion on abolishing the monarchy or not. My point is there is nothing rational in having a monarchy in our modern world other than the belief they are the best head of state option.

I think no one would manage to be exactly who the public want them to be - the list of expectations is endless and different from person to person - and not only for a mandate but for decades. Everybody is projecting what they want on them - they tell themselves stories on people they have never talked to. It's perfectly ok to do so but it is wrong to believe any of these assumptions are completely true.

Reactions: 8
Think of the PR which goes into creating "celebrities"...I think it's refreshing to have a future Queen who has no intention of rocking the now precarious Royal boat. She comes across well in my opinion. We don't need to know what she's like in private
I think in the 80's Diana and Sarah Ferguson made a huge impression by being "normal" and "friendly" etc and totally different to the rest of the Royals but it backfired as they were the ones the Press eventually went after. So its probably safer for Kate to be a more distant figure,though I don't think she is that effervescent anyway as someone said she has the lifestyle she wants and she will go through the motions of being Royal the best she can but won't pretend to be a "People's Princess" or a "Queen of Hearts" . Even though DIana treated people in a friendlier way she was still superior to the ordinary people even before she became Royal and she knew it she was just emotionally intelligent and knew how to get brownie points.

Reactions: 5
I think Kate is bland because she has never pursued anything meaningful. Nothing to do with her social media output.

I’m a pretty reserved, quiet person. No doubt lots of people would find me bland, too. Except I have a lot of interests and passions that I feel strongly about. I’ve had an interesting and varied career. I’ve travelled widely. I’ve volunteered and done actual work (not just gotten a briefing in a limo, shook some hands, cut a ribbon and gone home “work”.) I’ve mixed with people from all walks of life.

if someone asks me how I spent my 20s, I could say all of that.

if someone asked Kate how she spent her 20s?

it was mostly getting blow outs and shopping on the kings road, with the occasional luxury holiday and of course, following Prince William around. A Part time lip-service job so she can work around his schedule. He moved to remote Anglesey then so does she, and so on.
---

I feel there’s a better middle ground rather than it must be royalty or we get trump as a president.

for one, the American presidential system is partisan and not one we’d strictly be bound to. It wouldn’t fit neatly into our parliamentary system anyway. The states model of governance is entirely different to the UK’s and there’s no reason why we’d ever adopt the US system.

a more likely model would be the Irish one - whereby we’d have a prime minister (they have a Taoiseach) and a directly elected president who fulfilled ceremonial roles. The Irish system has a president who basically does all the things the monarch in the U.K. does (appoints government, passes bills, etc).
---

because women have been conditioned to be bland, palatable, quiet and demure for centuries. And if a certain public role demands a woman to forgo any sort of personality then maybe that public role isn’t fit for purpose anymore?

Because we need female public figures who inspire young girls and women to be braver in speaking out. Not saying Kate should have strong political opinions or court controversy, but there’s a happier middle ground. Women who speak out on matters that are important to them. Women who lead the way. Women who care about other women.
in your opinion Kate hasn't done anything meaningful and your entitled to your opinion just like I am to mine, everyone has their own interpretation of what doing something meaningful consists of

Reactions: 11
Diana was super manipulative, too, despite not being intelligent.

As I said - I am a stay at home mom. Every choice is valid and being a stay-at-home parent is soul-sucking sometimes. But no taxpayer pays me to stay home! You marry into an institution, a job, where there are expectations you must meet - minimum! - to live the life of Reilly. Doesn't seem tricky to me to uphold that side of the 'contract'. Same as any public servant. Waiting around for a man to marry you when he doesn't really value you is kind of a sad way to spend your twenties, she didn't do much of anything except party, get blow-outs, and live in a flat owned by Mum and Dad in Chelsea, waiting for William's call. I think that reflects the real person - nothing really of substance there, and the palace PR tries to graft substance onto her. William has warmth and some gravitas now, so that helps him out.

The bare minimum should be expected but the 'younger royals' (older than I) don't even do that, and indeed seem to begrudge that.

William included in this, as well. His own laziness is well-documented. 'I don't need to work because my grandparents do' nonsense he spouted in an interview several years ago.

Their workload is pathetic compared to the workload of a bunch of pensioners. I think that's an optics problem, too - you're younger, you're of working age, do something once or twice a week then she (I doubt he does much of it frankly) can be home for the pick up and drop off of the kids at school. They aren't that young or glamorous, they are boring and beige as oatmeal which is protective, but you can be pretty boring AND do good things with your profile you have got by winning the vagina lottery or marrying into it.

Then we have the size of the royal family - a lot of old people and aging people. (I do not think the monarchy is going anywhere in my lifetime not to mention my child's lifetime or potential grandchildren's lifetimes, but it's an optics problem nonetheless.) I guess 40's the new 20. :)

Reactions: 11
Not sure about Kate’s hat and coat combo today. Like both individually but together might be a bit air stewardess or similar?

Not sure about Kate’s hat and coat combo today. Like both individually but together might be a bit air stewardess or similar?
I like the hat but the coat is horrible. And the dress and coat seem to be difficult to wear, look at how much her legs were exposed while getting out of the car. That was Angelina Jolie on the red carpet level almost. Very unusual for Kate.

I like the hat but the coat is horrible. And the dress and coat seem to be difficult to wear, look at how much her legs were exposed while getting out of the car. That was Angelina Jolie on the red carpet level almost. Very unusual for Kate.
I think the coat drowned her and she needes to ditch the shoulder pads. Although I'm glad she didn't wear one of her Catherine Walker coats for once...

Reactions: 3
Yes the DM have gone with her exposed knees for the first three photos of their article.

I bet there’ll be people speculating she’s pregnant in that coat as well (I don’t think she is)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yes the DM have gone with her exposed knees for the first three photos of their article.

I bet there’ll be people speculating she’s pregnant in that coat as well (I don’t think she is)
I had that thought myself but I don’t think she is!
---
I think the coat drowned her and she needes to ditch the shoulder pads. Although I'm glad she didn't wear one of her Catherine Walker coats for once...
I think it is a Catherine Walker coat but a different style from her normal ones.

Reactions: 1
I think the cape, whilst nice, drowns her. These bright primary colour pieces she wears looks really harsh (and cheap though I doubt they actually are) and I think if she went for less bright red it would have been more flattering.

I think the cape, whilst nice, drowns her. These bright primary colour pieces she wears looks really harsh (and cheap though I doubt they actually are) and I think if she went for less bright red it would have been more flattering.
It’s just my personal thing, but I’m never keen on all matchy matchy outfit/hat/shoes/bag.

Reactions: 6
It’s just my personal thing, but I’m never keen on all matchy matchy outfit/hat/shoes/bag.
I know what you mean. I think in some cases it can work but not here.
---
I think it is a Catherine Walker coat but a different style from her normal ones.
Yes it’s a bespoke Catherine Walker coat with a Jane Taylor hat.

Reactions: 2
She does have an absolutely cracking pair of legs
But too much of them were on show and she didn't look like she was wearing stocking. Love that shade of red but too much, should have had a contrasting colour as well.

Reactions: 4
Love the colour but why is her dress up to her hips getting out of car then later standing it down to her knees
Maybe she's been reading this thread and wanted to make a stand against being called bland? :giggle:
---
Racey Katie Takes On Tattle Haterz

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.