Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Honeystar

VIP Member
Have W+K done any engagements this week? You'd have thought they'd want to get the news cycle to move on from the WC stuff by doing some stuff. Maybe they really are away in Mustique or somewhere before the kids go back to school in a couple of weeks
They're all at Balmoral I believe. I don't think we'll see them on engagements until September

Reactions: 2

Spid

VIP Member
After making fun of his brother -- who is balding gracefully -- he sure looks an even bigger knob clinging to that shrivelled mess on his head, getting hairplugs and spray-on.
Would hardly say he's balding gracefully. It was only a couple of years ago he shaved it off but even now he leaves the sides and it adds about 15 years onto his age

Honeystar

VIP Member
So been thinking about The Royals and their future. How do you manage Charlotte and Louis if you are the RF? I don’t think you want them to grow up expecting only to do royal duties. The army etc works for a bit but they couldn’t stay in it forever. Would they be expected to have normal jobs? I think their positions still limit what they can do.
Also financially how does that work? I know William and. Harry inherited money from their mother and Harry more from the Queen Mother but the RF money will go to George only. I don’t think they are going to be poor but presumably it could be an issue that they can’t fund the lifestyle they grow up in (like Andrew).
It’s interesting to me as part of what the RF does going forward. They are part of it but also need to be independent of it. It’s tricky.
I think Beatrice and Eugenie are relatively good leads to follow here, to some degree. They both have titles and grew up as princesses and they both now have normal jobs and a few charity patronages for things they are genuinely interested in. They don’t receive funding because their charity work is seperate to the monarchy, my theory would be that Charlotte and Louis will follow a similar path.

it would make sense for their to be a plan for them to support George whilst doing their own thing. The problem that crops up is when that thing operates in contrast to the monarchy. Working for an art gallery like Eugenie? Fine. Working on tell all royal documentaries for Netflix? Not so great 🤣

ETA- you also have the funding problem. If they are doing some official work they are entitled to public money, but if they also have their own job and private income it’s a murky water. Financially at least, you really do have to be either in or out

Ladsladslads666

When Ch5 show random RF programmes (there are 3 scheduled tonight. On a Saturday evening!) I get the feeling something is going on with the RF. Like with all the recent Kate PR in the papers 🤔

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
I watched itv lunchtime news one day this week and they called Hamas a militant group and not terrorists as well so not sure why it’s only bbc getting complained about
I have only heard it mentioned on the bbc as an issue so I didn’t realise it was across channels.
I think it’s interesting that the statement from the Wales’ has been worded in that way. Perhaps reflects his status as Prince of Wales. He can say things that the King can’t.

Filouette

Chatty Member
Harry is 5th in line to the throne. Prince George is 1st.
Yes of course, William is 1st, George 2nd, Harry 5th; but if William, George, Charlotte and Louis all die in the same plane crash, then Harry will be king. That's the whole point of "they better not be on the same plane in the future".

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I’m sure William and all the RF will be making a huge fuss of the Lionesses when they come home and all the team get MBE’s or higher
There was talk that if the men’s team won the World Cup a few years ago they would be made Sirs etc. I think if the ladies win they should all get Damehoods if they want.

• Haha

Multi-21

VIP Member
I bet Andrew isn't beyond using Fergie's cancer as a way to stay where he is
Saying it’s about her comfort and recovery

• Sick

chocdrop

Although Vogue Williams is her sister in law...
You might be interested in the documentary James Matthews did, "Finding Michael" If you like that kind of thing its very interesting - mainly fronted by Spencer but about the Matthews' and about the brother who died on the ascent of Everest...

Multi-21

VIP Member
Anyone have any idea of where they've gone on holiday?
I know Charles is (I think) currently in Scotland, but is there any idea of where Wills and Kate are?
I suppose they are back in Windsor now given the kids are back at school next week.
William and Kate were in Scotland as well but no idea where they have spent the rest of summer
It never seems to be revealed unless they do like the Jordan holiday Christmas card
Like you say they’ll be back in Windsor for the start of term shortly so we’ll get a photo call for that

Honeystar

VIP Member
They would also have to change the rules around illegitimate children. If George were gay but had a child with a surrogate that was biologically his, that child would be classed as illegitimate as he wouldn’t be married to the mother? I think?

Don’t ask me why but I’ve always had a feeling George would end up abdicating to Charlotte and we would end up with another long reigning queen. It’s something I’ve “felt” for years but I’ve no idea why 🤣🤣 If it ends up happening I’ll start playing the lottery

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
I completely agree with those who are frustrated that Kate chose early years over sports for older children. But that isn’t going to change.
I do think William should have gone and I also think the fact that he didn’t will be remembered and noted down because at some point the media will start taking swings against the Wales, it’s just what they do. This will be useful as there was some degree of annoyance over his failure to be there.
It’s worth noting though that Spanish RF is on much dodgier ground with their public after behaviour of Juan Carlos who is still angling for a return to Spain. Presumably they need every bit of good publicity going. I saw lots about their heiress to the throne going off to their version of Sandringham.

milkyway

Wonder when they filmed this? Both looking very bronzed, as is Kate earlier at the match…not bad for apparently being holed up in Sandringham during a very wet August…
They filmed it on Wednesday, the royals must have been boiling with their jackets on in the heat we’ve had this week

Reactions: 1

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
I would like to read up on here about the European royals and thought there was a thread, but I’ve searched thread titles and can’t find it, is anyone able to point me in the direction?

Reactions: 1