Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eirawen

VIP Member
I thought that tackling homelessness was his lifelong project?
Goodness, he's got a lot of 'lifelong' commitments, between earthshot, homelessness and now this. He's already in his 40s – how long does he think he's going live to get all this sorted??

Reactions: 2

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
Kate’s hair at Uni Graduation. Thick, glossy hair. It seems like nowadays nobody believes anyone can grow their own hair or nails and everyone just assumes people use extensions or fake nails!

The honeymoon bikini pics also look fine to me 🤷‍♀️
---

These pics are from this year. She looks fine to me for someone who has had 3 kids and probably breastfed them all.

I have to say I don't find those bikini pictures particularly attractive...maybe just me. Sorry I don't want to be horrible to this woman.
Too muscular. Not the idea of a woman my partner would like to take to bed. He said he would not want to go to bed with a male figure, he wants to cuddle a woman with curves.... Each to their own!!

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
So he can go to the men’s games when he wants to and have it count as work.
It seems that way and the optics aren’t great when you consider he’s the future king of the UK. If the anglocentric turds don’t care about those optic I doubt they’ll care about showing preference to the men’s games

Couchcollie

They have given a reason why he didn’t go so no need to come up with alternatives 🤷‍♀️. I’m surprised people haven’t suggested Kate may be pregnant and in hospital like the other pregnancies!
Yes and people are allowed to question this and be sceptical.

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I agree he would of gotten grief if he’d of gone but I still think he should of been there. I think it looks worse especially as the Spanish Royals have gone over. Like @Boring Monday has said PR have gotten this one wrong. If I was them I’d be secretly hoping for Spain to win at least then the “well they didn’t win anyway, William flying over will of been a waste of time” attitude will take over whereas if England win I don’t think this will be forgotten about for a while.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
All he really wants is the reinstatement of access to the Ruritania dressing up box.
100%.

Andrew must be seething. I'll guess he can't understand why he isn't fully reinstated. At least the other Royals do seem to have a sense of duty about their position. Andrew though is just a super entitled prick.

Blurp

VIP Member
What did she do? I always imagine the kind of person who works for royals is prepared to put up with a lot. That was what I found so interesting about the stories about Megan and the way she treated her staff.
Got them in on a Sunday to work, screamed and shouted at them. There's been similar problems before - rumour has it that she's not adverse to aiming shoes at staff.

• Wow

hannah123

VIP Member
I think Beatrice and Eugenie are relatively good leads to follow here, to some degree. They both have titles and grew up as princesses and they both now have normal jobs and a few charity patronages for things they are genuinely interested in. They don’t receive funding because their charity work is seperate to the monarchy, my theory would be that Charlotte and Louis will follow a similar path.

it would make sense for their to be a plan for them to support George whilst doing their own thing. The problem that crops up is when that thing operates in contrast to the monarchy. Working for an art gallery like Eugenie? Fine. Working on tell all royal documentaries for Netflix? Not so great 🤣

ETA- you also have the funding problem. If they are doing some official work they are entitled to public money, but if they also have their own job and private income it’s a murky water. Financially at least, you really do have to be either in or out
I guess it depends on what is defined as official work and how frequent it is. If I remember correctly, Eugenie did a couple of engagements a few years ago with The Queen. I like to think that non working royals would do the odd royal engagement when asked just to help out their family, and as a bit of payback for the incredibly privileged upbringing they had at the expense of public funding.

Spid

VIP Member
Uncle Gary wanted to go on I'm a celeb but itv turned it down? Seems unlikely they'd say no, he must have had a no from Kate or something

• Haha

Multi-21

VIP Member
I have not heard that about Meghan.
I might be misremembering, got a vague recollection from the Oprah thing there was something about stairs but can’t say I’ve watched apart from the first time it aired so could have been something else

Spid

VIP Member
Think it was just a chance for the DM to write about Meghan and they used the Beckham as attention grabbing in the headline
I fell for it, read the article and didn’t know who any of the other friends were in it!
Yeah I agree. Now they will continue to use the word 'markled' as a verb whenever they talk about MM

Blurp

VIP Member
I'm not making excuses for them. That's how it came across to me. If Charlotte is sporty and continues being very sporty into her teens she will have a valuable role to play in encouraging girls to play sport, including football. There is still an attitude out there that football is not for girls, and many formerly sport girls drop all sport when they hit their teens. A 'pretty' princess showing she'd rather be playing football or hockey or whatever is a really good, strong message.
Queen Letizia took her second daughter, Infanta Sofia, to Australia with her. Sofia is a teenager and apparently a football player. You can see her on the pitch for the celebrations - she has her father's height.
---
Leonor and Sofia are real credits to their parents. I'm impressed by Leonor especially. What a class act for a young woman! I find it super interesting she's off to the military before university.
The Duchess of Brabant (Princess Elisabeth, the Belgian heir) did the same. Crown Princess Mary of Denmark is actually an active officer in the Home Guard, their version of the TA.

Last edited:

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
This is great one to follow on twitter for old Hollywood photos and stuff ....
I just can’t believe the fallout from this. It’s an amazing achievement and yes he probably should have done but Jesus. Of course it’s not as big an issue as the fallout from Diana dying??! What?!
Who the fuck has said that? 🤣

There has been some hysteria on this forum lately.

WestSideIsDaBest

He was in line, just not the first. It was settled on the "heirs male", which meant Charles was first. So Charles became Duke of Edinburgh when his dad died, and the title then merged with the Crown when he became King. Charles was then free to create the title again for his brother.
Its a big role (due to prince philips work) and one i wouldn't have thought a king had time for
---
This is one of those weird stories that feels like it has some sort of hidden message but I’ve no idea what 😂
Is it the weird "they are splitting up" rumour again?
Not just married woman, enjoys night out with her friend?

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
They always go to the Commonwealth Games and The Queen opened the 1976 Olympic Games in Montreal … because again a Commonwealth Country. So from that point of view, with the World Cup being held across 2 Commonwealth Countries, a RF presence would have been polite.

But putting that to one side, the President of the FA should have been there. Whoever it was. It just so happens that it’s William, which is why it’s being discussed here.
Precisely

Yorkie99

If he wasn't president of the FA it wouldn't be as bad and certainly not all on his shoulders. But he is. Its appalling that neither Rishi or any RF are there. I don't care if they're on holiday, they are our leaders who have a privileged life. Sometimes you have to cut your holiday short or interrupt it, just like us normal people do in certain high power jobs.

To add to it, the videos he's released of just him a Charlotte actually makes it worse. Where's Kate and the boys? Don't they support the women? The whole family would have been a much stronger message.

They have just handled this whole thing badly.
I think it was nice that women's football is something that is William and Charlotte's 'thing'. It is good for Charlotte not always to be in George's shadow. If Charlotte is really interested why not let the focus be on her for once?

Kiwi_Paddy

Just because Rupert Murdoch’s newspapers successfully tricked people into voting no is no reason for you to not make the bare minimum effort to refer to First Nations people respectfully.
(Also, it wasn’t about a voice in parliament, it was about a voice in the constitution that would lead to an advisory body that parliament could consult. But you can look that up when you look up why “aborigine” is outdated and offensive.)

On the topic of the Murdoch press, though, it’s something to watch out for if a country ever tries to become a republic through a referendum. The Voice in Australia was 65% in favour before the Murdoch campaigns started, the successful misinformation turned the country from 65-35 to 40-60 within weeks. It’s something any independence campaign would need to be prepared for.
[
Aboriginal people, First Nations or Indigenous Australians, not Aborigines. I’ve told you this before so I’m not sure why you’re continuing to use an outdated and offensive colonial term if you want anyone to take you seriously.
There is no need to jump down people’s throats on this, Australia is a small country so people won’t know, and I’m a kiwi and did not realise it had changed. Thanks for letting us know.

And back to the royals, I thought Kate may have been at the rugby semi final in Paris today. Maybe she is waiting for the final.

• Wow