The Royal Family #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder if Gyles Brandreth was right and she had osteosarcoma? Sounds so painful, I wouldn't wish that one anyone. She looked so frail and ill for a long time.

Reactions: 1
Sounds like the press had an inkling Liz was on her last legs way before the rest of us did. It was so obvious looking back.
I think what shocked us was that we had seen her the day before with Liz Truss. She looked frail but I didn't expect her to die the next day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Anyone have any idea of where they've gone on holiday?
I know Charles is (I think) currently in Scotland, but is there any idea of where Wills and Kate are?
I suppose they are back in Windsor now given the kids are back at school next week.
I read that Camilla has returned to London for a charity event.

Charles, Camilla and Anne have been at the Braemar games and Charles has been debuting the Charles III tartan,

I do wonder if Gyles Brandreth was right and she had osteosarcoma? Sounds so painful, I wouldn't wish that one anyone. She looked so frail and ill for a long time.
If it’s true then they lied on the death certificate because they said she died of old age.

Reactions: 1
Sounds like the press had an inkling Liz was on her last legs way before the rest of us did. It was so obvious looking back.
Isn’t it? I look back over her last year now and realise it was so obvious and yet I think a lot of just refused to believe and thought she would be around forever 😅

That article suggests she had a fall and that there was no way back for her after that which is so often the case with the elderly 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I think what shocked us was that we had seen her the day before with Liz Truss. She looked frail but I didn't expect her to die the next day.
To be honest knowing what we now do it sounds like she was just dressed, had her hair and make up done a basically propped up for that photo. Once Liz was gone she’d have been back in her wheelchair. I wonder if one day Liz will ever speak about it?

Boris says she knew her health was failing.

Also on one of William’s walkabouts after her death he said they’d been expecting it, just not quite this soon. I do think she had cancer but they don’t reveal details of their health until quite a few year after their death. The Queen mother had cancer quite a few times.
---
I also think Philip had bladder cancer.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I think she was clearly deteriorating, especially once she lost Philip, but she had a fall which rapidly sped thing up, hence William saying they weren’t expecting it quite so soon.

I do think she likely had cancer but if she did have a fall and deteriorated, they could likely get away with saying it was “old age” hence the death certificate and that it was more she died “with” cancer as opposed to directly “from” cancer

Reactions: 8
To be honest knowing what we now do it sounds like she was just dressed, had her hair and make up done a basically propped up for that photo. Once Liz was gone she’d have been back in her wheelchair. I wonder if one day Liz will ever speak about it?
Liz is probably too gormless to have noticed it tbf

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Boris says she knew her health was failing.

Also on one of William’s walkabouts after her death he said they’d been expecting it, just not quite this soon. I do think she had cancer but they don’t reveal details of their health until quite a few year after their death. The Queen mother had cancer quite a few times.
---
I also think Philip had bladder cancer.
I swear she held on just long enough to make sure Boris didn't get the spotlight of doing a reading at the funeral! Good for her :) Although in 50 years' time it's going to make a great pub quiz question, because everyone will have forgotten about Liz Truss by then and assume it was Boris or Rishi.

Reactions: 16
I swear she held on just long enough to make sure Boris didn't get the spotlight of doing a reading at the funeral! Good for her :) Although in 50 years' time it's going to make a great pub quiz question, because everyone will have forgotten about Liz Truss by then and assume it was Boris or Rishi.
I’ve forgotten about Liz Truss now let alone in 50 years time 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There’s not much I’d like to hear Liz Truss talk about, but I would be so interested to hear her account of those 10 days/week, especially considering she was literally in her first day on the job. It would be interesting to hear it from any prime minister who was in office at the time, but even more so considering she had no bloody idea what she was doing 😂

I bet the fact that Boris came so close to being the PM on her passing lives rent free in his head every day.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I bet the fact that Boris came so close to being the PM on her passing lives rent free in his head every day.
He had quite literally waited his whole life for that moment and missed it by a day. They likely would have kept him in place until after the 10 days of mourning had she gone the day before. It couldn’t have happened to a nicer man. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That was an interesting article. Astounding, yet again, that Harry found it ok to make his father’s phone call to him all about him and his wife, when his grandma was literally on her death bed. And had the face to write about it in his book.

There were lots of whisperings months before the jubilee celebrations that TLQ had bone cancer. When she didn’t attend St Paul’s for the Church Service of celebration pretty much confirmed those rumours, knowing how strong her faith was.

I can't imagine if I loved someone and cared about them in my life to do that to them but Harry's all about himself and Meghan and doesn't seem to give a damn genuinely about anyone but his own narcissism. It's so cruel what he put them through and to badger his father and yell at him when his mother just died is beyond the freakin' pale, and clearly he was proud of it to tell the ghost writer too!

Reactions: 7
He had quite literally waited his whole life for that moment and missed it by a day. They likely would have kept him in place until after the 10 days of mourning had she gone the day before. It couldn’t have happened to a nicer man. 😂😂
I cannot tell you how happy it made me when I realised this. This is going to sound stupid because for most people this wouldn’t be a huge punishment, but you just know that for Boris this timing, by one day, will torture him more than if he’d been sent to jail. And I am so happy about it.

100% he thinks about it every single day.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.