The Royal Family #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would imagine Andrew will use everything possible to stay in the fold “it’s what mother would have wanted” “my ex wife but basically wife has cancer” “my teddies got moved off my bed”

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It's probably just as simple as Andrew shared a car with William & Kate to save using another car!

Reactions: 7
Yes I could see him using her cancer as an explanation and excuse for sympathy.

Also I suspect they don’t really think he did anything that wrong. But they saw the public outrage about his behaviour and decided to keep him on the lowdown for a bit. Now that some time has passed, he is pushing at being allowed more of a profile again. Very risky but I don’t really think he has ever grasped the revulsion most people feel about what he did. Or that he cares.

Reactions: 8
The only reason I believe that he wants him out is because William wants to move in
I can see it more as Charles revenge for Andrew being the favourite. It doesn’t matter who was mummy’s favourite, just who was first born and Charles will now let Andrew know that. But unless Charles sends his men in to drag Andrew out, idk how he’d kick him out the big house

Reactions: 1
Andrew is only 60 so he's still a relatively young man considering longevity runs in that family. He doesn't drink alcohol or smoke so he's going to be around for a long time. He is massively entitled and spoilt and has led a very privileged and pampered life so he will be hard to turf out of his home. He is their brother at the end of the day and very determined not to be brushed aside. Nothing has been proved in a court of law and unless something else crops up, ie more accusations with evidence, it will remain unfinished business.
The royals are probably going to keep him out of the major working events but have him around for the more private ones.

Reactions: 9
The only reason I believe that he wants him out is because William wants to move in
They need another house, obviously! Is Frogmore House set up to be an actual residence like Royal Lodge is?

I think Andrew is accepted within the family, but formally as a royal - no.

It makes sense - the personal vs the private - but if that were my uncle I'd want nothing to do with him (even if I find Virginia Giuffre suspicious myself, Andrew's a slimeball for more reasons than this).

I think Andrew was shoved out of the cold publicly by Charles and William - the Queen wouldn't have wanted it, and I doubt she cared much what he did, she was always defending him and protecting him at all costs. I don't think the Queen was some hagiographic saintly person but a terrible mother and made some very poor decisions.

Reactions: 4
Even from a personal family point of view, I don't know if i could ever forgive or talk to someone who did what Andrew did.
They have different standards to us a lot of royals in the past have been very sexually permissive and it's accepted. They probably can't see that Andrew has done anything wrong.
---
They need another house, obviously! Is Frogmore House set up to be an actual residence like Royal Lodge is?

I think Andrew is accepted within the family, but formally as a royal - no.

It makes sense - the personal vs the private - but if that were my uncle I'd want nothing to do with him (even if I find Virginia Giuffre suspicious myself, Andrew's a slimeball for more reasons than this).

I think Andrew was shoved out of the cold publicly by Charles and William - the Queen wouldn't have wanted it, and I doubt she cared much what he did, she was always defending him and protecting him at all costs. I don't think the Queen was some hagiographic saintly person but a terrible mother and made some very poor decisions.
She used to bury her head in the sand a lot as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
They have different standards to us a lot of royals in the past have been very sexually permissive and it's accepted. They probably can't see that Andrew has done anything wrong.
---

She used to bury her head in the sand a lot as well.
I really don’t see why they should have stopped going with times in that area? PP and HMTQ are not a good example. They were just one/a few years shy of 100. That’s way more than two generations down the line. Charles is 74. His crazy marriage to Diana isn’t an isolated craziness that only happened in family of aristocrats. Many (not all and probably not the majority) women in our grandmothers generation had a similar fate. Just with less privileges, options and sympathies. The 80s were a first end point for female empowerment that started in the 40s/50/60s (depending on where you live). Most changes were made in the laws, but as we know it still takes a long time to tickle down society in everyday life and actions.
I do agree that their standards will probably be not as mainstream but it’s not as if all the changes in morales and society just went passed them. I most definitely wouldn’t want to be judged by the way my great grandparents or grandparents (to have comparable timeline) lived and thought about things, even though I took on some of it and can bear the slimy/crazy relatives for 24h at family functions (most manage to tone it down and/or show restraint for 24h, after that it escalates quickly in my experience).

I am pretty sure they detest him on one level or the other. But they can spend time with him for a few hours. What’s the alternative? Shunning him completely? Which would drastically cut down the time that the York girls and their children will be around? They remain very close to their parents. Maybe they all hope that Andrew’s biggest mistake was to be completely dumb and caught in his own hybrid, to not realise what was going on. He wouldn’t be the first to make incredible mental gymnastics to explain strange stuff. Do I believe that? Not necessarily, but I get why you would want to believe your already problematic uncle isn’t also a sexual predator. Especially now, that it seems the truth will never come to light as VG decided to rather get the money that try to get her version of event signed by a rule of court (no criticism. I would have done same instead of fighting such an ugly fight).

Last edited:
Andrew is only 60 so he's still a relatively young man considering longevity runs in that family. He doesn't drink alcohol or smoke so he's going to be around for a long time. He is massively entitled and spoilt and has led a very privileged and pampered life so he will be hard to turf out of his home. He is their brother at the end of the day and very determined not to be brushed aside. Nothing has been proved in a court of law and unless something else crops up, ie more accusations with evidence, it will remain unfinished business.
The royals are probably going to keep him out of the major working events but have him around for the more private ones.
Andrew is 63.

That’s not his hair surely.
After making fun of his brother -- who is balding gracefully -- he sure looks an even bigger knob clinging to that shrivelled mess on his head, getting hairplugs and spray-on.

After making fun of his brother -- who is balding gracefully -- he sure looks an even bigger knob clinging to that shrivelled mess on his head, getting hairplugs and spray-on.
Would hardly say he's balding gracefully. It was only a couple of years ago he shaved it off but even now he leaves the sides and it adds about 15 years onto his age

Reactions: 2
I think Andrew is a sort of “keep your friends close but your enemies closer” situation. He’ll never return to public engagements and representing the monarchy but by letting him attend church services and family events they are likely hoping it keeps him from going rogue and doing another disastrous interview or his own public events. Not saying I agree with it but he’s such a spoilt man it must be impossible to reason with him.

I think Andrew is a sort of “keep your friends close but your enemies closer” situation. He’ll never return to public engagements and representing the monarchy but by letting him attend church services and family events they are likely hoping it keeps him from going rogue and doing another disastrous interview or his own public events. Not saying I agree with it but he’s such a spoilt man it must be impossible to reason with him.
I think it's partly that but the Royals have enough hold over the press where they can control him in that element. That and after newsnight interview it would only be a matter of time before he trips up and makes a fool of himself again.

I will say the level some people go to defend Andrew and in the same breath berate Harry and Megan over something trivial is insane.

I wish Harry would let his mother rest. It's been 26 years, he doesn't have to mention her death in absolutely everything he does.

His new Netflix series is for Invictus and for soldiers wounded in war.. why mention the death of his mother which happened when he was a little boy?

Reactions: 11
I wish Harry would let his mother rest. It's been 26 years, he doesn't have to mention her death in absolutely everything he does.

His new Netflix series is for Invictus and for soldiers wounded in war.. why mention the death of his mother which happened when he was a little boy?
He could do great work with the likes of Scottys soldiers and help bereaved children of soldiers.

but he doesn’t

I don’t think it’s a problem to mention that one trauma broke up another issue that was still buried deep down. What I don’t get is why he says he had no support? When he stated that he went to therapy at age 28 and that it was indeed his brother that strongly encouraged him to do so.

I mean: Huh????? 🤔

Reactions: 11
I don’t think it’s a problem to mention that one trauma broke up another issue that was still buried deep down. What I don’t get is why he says he had no support? When he stated that he went to therapy at age 28 and that it was indeed his brother that strongly encouraged him to do so.

I mean: Huh????? 🤔
Why would there be no support if multiple members of the RF have also gone to therapy?

He was/is a big boy with lots of money, he could have the pick of multiple therapists within days.. even hours! It's a bit short sighted to keep complaining when most of the country can't afford private therapy and have to go on a year long waiting list.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.