The Royal Family #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The trouble with Harry and Meghan is how quickly their relationship moved and I can get that they probably wanted kids and time wasn't on her side but it's a shame he didn't meet her 5 years beforehand so she could have been eased into royal life like Kate obviously was. I saw a clip from the Oprah interview where Meghan was talking about having to learn the words to the National anthem and googling them. Why couldn't Harry just teach her it? He's been singing it his whole life! That's what I don't get about those two that it's all someone else's fault. If I was her I would be pissed off at Harry throwing me in at the deep end. Same with the not knowing she had to curtsey when meeting the Queen. That's something he could easily have told her, so it's all very eye rolling!

Reactions: 25
Apparently the retreat belonged to her friend so there were concerns it would be “leaked” as free publicity for her friend’s business.
I didn't know it was a particular retreat she had in mind. That's a million miles from the line of 'Meghan was STOPPED from seeking psychiatric help by the royal family '.

Reactions: 13
I didn't know it was a particular retreat she had in mind. That's a million miles from the line of 'Meghan was STOPPED from seeking psychiatric help by the royal family '.
Thats the thing though, in a he said, she said, he did, no he didn’t my version is truer than your version situation … the middle ground doesn’t make for good headlines.

Reactions: 6
If it was a retreat then it was some sort of fancy spa and not a dedicated and recognised psychiatric facility. No psychiatrist or psychologist has ever offered an opinion re MM's suicidal ideation claim, have they? o one can challenge her on this of course but they both have a tendency to dramatise life events for attention.

Reactions: 9
Thats the thing though, in a he said, she said, he did, no he didn’t my version is truer than your version situation … the middle ground doesn’t make for good headlines.
I’ve always felt that this story lacked any specifics which makes me wonder what they were leaving out. E.g did she want to go to some sort of fancy and expensive “retreat” to clear her head, which “wouldn’t have been a good look for the institution” or did she want to “just” speak with a therapist? We know that Harry has done the latter whilst he was a working royal so the idea that they would stop Meghan doing so just doesn’t add up. But the powers that be were right, it would have looked awful if she just swanned off to some expensive, glorified spa for a few weeks on taxpayers money.

I’ve always felt that this story lacked any specifics which makes me wonder what they were leaving out. E.g did she want to go to some sort of fancy and expensive “retreat” to clear her head, which “wouldn’t have been a good look for the institution” or did she want to “just” speak with a therapist? We know that Harry has done the latter whilst he was a working royal so the idea that they would stop Meghan doing so just doesn’t add up. But the powers that be were right, it would have looked awful if she just swanned off to some expensive, glorified spa for a few weeks on taxpayers money.
And she is either using the NHS (unlikley) in which case a midwife would have been seeing her once a week at that stage and somehow missed suicidal ideation

OR

She had a private obstetrician who was managing her pregnancy and somehow missed suicidal ideation.

The truth is likely in the middle;

I think she was overwhelmed and she said they wanted to check in somewhere. I think the RF were thinking 'no way is she going to The Priory' and maybe suggested something else. Checking in somewhere (overnight) would never be the first course of action for mental health issues though. Its all very odd. You would tell your therapist/midwife/doctor not HR.

Reactions: 5
I really don’t think she wanted to go to The Priory…I think it was more likely some sort of health retreat/glorified spa abroad to switch off etc.

One of her friends who attended the now famous baby shower runs exactly that, in fact I remember they came under fire for promoting it on the official Sussex Royal Instagram page

Did a quick Google to check I hadn’t imagined this

I’d put money on that this was where she wanted to go

Reactions: 12
What do we think of Kate's look today? I'm not keen 😬 I preferred the suit when she wore it with white top and trainers, it looked modern and cute. All pink and white stilettos is a bit 80s for my taste.

Reactions: 2
What do we think of Kate's look today? I'm not keen 😬 I preferred the suit when she wore it with white top and trainers, it looked modern and cute. All pink and white stilettos is a bit 80s for my taste.
I think the colour suits her and she looks nice in it. I'd have put a white top inside it alright though and I hate the belt.

Reactions: 4
I really don’t think she wanted to go to The Priory…I think it was more likely some sort of health retreat/glorified spa abroad to switch off etc.

One of her friends who attended the now famous baby shower runs exactly that, in fact I remember they came under fire for promoting it on the official Sussex Royal Instagram page

Hmm, maybe this is one of the reasons Smeg threw toys out of pram, and left. She definitely wanted to make money out of being a royal.

Reactions: 5
She does seem to like the 80’s 😀 What with the shoulder pads and peplums and white stilettos:cool:
Personally, I’d have gone with a different colour top, but at least it’s not blue.

Reactions: 3

I’d bet right alongside you. Then we could have a margarita and go live our non-famous normal lives. ;)

Reactions: 3
I love pink so I’m biased here. However the belt and shoes need to go

Are Kate’s engagements mid morning. Whatever about her makeup (the Queen apparently did hers) there's no way she does her own hair. And seeing as she likes to be up with the kids, how does it all work?

• Sick
A "luxury wellness break"for the rich and famous...

Not sure whether NICE guidelines would advocate that sort of "therapy" for suicidal ideation?

True. Blows the 'just like like us stuff' out of the water
What’s the point in a Royal Family if they’re just like us? They can be relatable and empathetic without being just like us. They’ll never be like us, they own palaces.

They’ve never pretended they don’t have staff, they’ve just wanted to be a lot more hands on with their own kids than royal parents of old, which can only benefit their kids.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.