The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. Plus a lot of people believe The Crown to be a true version of events!
The scene in the crown where they have her confused about who to curtesy to and them all laughing at her is so frustrating because I’ve seen young people and teenagers use it as a point of reference. That she was so confused marrying into the family and didn’t know what to do.

Reactions: 4
I find it a bit sad for Catherine that both the new Little Mermaid and the new series, Citadel have digs at her in them.

in the little mermaid eric is guessing Ariel’s name. He guessed Diana, then Catherine and Ariel screws her face up.

In Citadel the character says ‘it would be easier to get in between the legs of the duches of Cambridge than break into there’

IIf I was a conspiracy nut I might be suspicious that both film and series star people associated with Meghan (Melissa McCarthy and Priyanka Chopra).
According to Twitter (so it must be true) Catherine was going to take Charlotte to the Little Mermaid premier but isn't now.

All a bit of a coincidence to use the name Catherine as the name Ariel screws her face up at. Of all the names, the connection to use Diana and Catherine is so obvious it has to have been done on purpose.

The line in Citadel is just crass.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Liked the pink on Kate at Chelsea today. Does she have that in blue as well?
Think just the pink, she’s worn it a couple of times and her mum has it as well. Don’t think it would be possible for her and her mum to share so I’m presuming they each have their own

Reactions: 2
Meghan and Harry haters are unhinged but oh my god, their stans can be too - especially the american ones. Accusing the british press for the "near-catastrophic" chase is ridiculous. Those paparazzis were american - on american soil. British tabloids have a lot to answer but the american press is not better. Remember Britney Spear's treatment in the 2000s? Or more recently Cara Delvingne or Amber Heard (I have no dogs in the court case with JD - just found the hysteria and the level of hatred around it confusing).

Plus I don't get the adulation around Harry and Meghan - they do nothing worth of interest. Their philanthropic work is invisible because of their erratic pr strategy and they don't seem to have any talents. I can get the sympathy but I cannot get grown-ups fawning over the two of them and seeing them as a symbol of freedom fighting opression. They have issues - especially Harry - his life hasn't been easy - but for ffs they are ultra wealthy people living a cushioned life, not martyrs. They have access to pretty much everything they can wish for and seem completely disconnected with real life.

Some of their stans are so into it that they attack relentlessly the RF - with no mercy for the kids too. They go with conspiracies that are as bad as those around Meghan's pregnancies. Don't they realise they are doing exactly what they found to be outrageous in the media/public treatment of Meghan and Harry? It's a pity to make Harry and Meghan a cause to blindly support when there are more pressant cases of unfairness and discrimination. But I guesd it's less glamorous to talk about inequalities or how more and more people struggle to build families, have a home etc because of financial pressure. They are outside of the bubble of the RF but are still an integral part of those elites out of this world.

Reactions: 5
Is visiting the chelsea flower show genuine work? Do we really think any of the royals do any of their own landscape gardening or gardening in general? Lol pigs (or daisies in this case) may fly.

What is it with the press conveniently forgetting writers exist? Priyanka and Melissa did not write the scripts.
Pretty sure Catherine, as a public figure, can ignore that sort of stuff. The Little Mermaid one is clearly just because they’re both recognisable princess names (Diana was a guess in the original film too, and the mermaid makes a face at Eric’s guesses in that film too). You’ve misquoted the Citadel line, but either way it’s a laughably bad mouthful of a sentence and is probably because the writer isn’t a Catherine fan.
But the press trying to ‘six degrees of Kevin Bacon’ credit the lines to Meghan is such a reach.
And yet, Omid Scoby's buddy works for Disney. Omid, the unhinged, who is still busy excusing MM and all her lying 'misremembering'. Must be just another coincidence again.
There's already been some kind of statement to deny from Disney to prevent backlash.

Is visiting the chelsea flower show genuine work? Do we really think any of the royals do any of their own landscape gardening or gardening in general? Lol pigs (or daisies in this case) may fly.
I don’t think you understand the concept of Royalty and what they do!

Charles, Camilla and Kate apparently do like gardening. Camilla says it keeps her fit.

Reactions: 12
And yet, Omid Scoby's buddy works for Disney. Omid, the unhinged, who is still busy excusing MM and all her lying 'misremembering'. Must be just another coincidence again.
There's already been some kind of statement to deny from Disney to prevent backlash.
Really… do people genuinely think they have the sort of power that would let them get a comment in a Disney film through all the storyboarding, scriptwring, directing, production and editing? ‘Cos if they do have that sort of capability then quite frankly they’ve wasted it.

Do I think Disney could have picked 2 names for maximum publicity. Absolutely. Do I think the suggestions were Submitted on a piece of monogrammed headed paper … not so much.

Reactions: 10
I was 13 when Diana died but I seem to remember one of the red tops devoting a whole page to a ‘cut out and keep’ picture of Diana with helpful dotted line to follow around the outline of her massive face.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You think Omid, Priyanka, Meghan Markle and Harry are influential at Disney?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was 13 when Diana died but I seem to remember one of the red tops devoting a whole page to a ‘cut out and keep’ picture of Diana with helpful dotted line to follow around the outline of her massive face.
That was one of the more tasteful ones.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
First time posting on this thread however I have lurked for a while. As background, I like equally the Wales family and the Sussex’s and have warmed to Camilla over the years and think Charles is coming over as an accessible King. No allegiances to any of them here! However I do wonder why Catherine chose to visit the flower show today, unannounced. This is to be the Kings first visit here as monarch, given his mother was patron of the RHS for over 70 years, I do feel the press and coverage should be on the King and Queen, but inevitably all the headlines will be about Catherine’s visit. Makes me wonder about the different family courts being Buckingham palace and Kensington palace and if they’re is some sort of competition with each other, may be cynical here but does make me wonder.

Reactions: 7
First time posting on this thread however I have lurked for a while. As background, I like equally the Wales family and the Sussex’s and have warmed to Camilla over the years and think Charles is coming over as an accessible King. No allegiances to any of them here! However I do wonder why Catherine chose to visit the flower show today, unannounced. This is to be the Kings first visit here as monarch, given his mother was patron of the RHS for over 70 years, I do feel the press and coverage should be on the King and Queen, but inevitably all the headlines will be about Catherine’s visit. Makes me wonder about the different family courts being Buckingham palace and Kensington palace and if they’re is some sort of competition with each other, may be cynical here but does make me wonder.
Wasn’t it to do with School Gardens which, to be fair, shes been involved with for a long time. Didn’t she ‘design’ one a few years back?

(I know the media calls it a ‘surprise’ but it’s one of those surprises that takes careful security planning and Co-ordination)

Reactions: 9
Wasn’t it to do with School Gardens which, to be fair, shes been involved with for a long time. Didn’t she ‘design’ one a few years back?

(I know the media calls it a ‘surprise’ but it’s one of those surprises that takes careful security planning and Co-ordination)
Yes, I believe it was and she did design a garden a few years back and I remember her visiting with the Queen. I guess for me it’s all about timing.

Reactions: 3
I did think that but I just saw on BBC they’ve said the whole Children’s Picnic they’ve launched today was allegedly her idea and is something she’s been involved with starting for years. Although it may be an unannounced visit in that, it wasn’t public knowledge, it will have been planned for weeks if not months. The press love to say things are a “surprise visit” when the reality is the organisers and the media have known about it for weeks…otherwise how would they have known to have a journalist there to cover it 😂

I did think it was interesting she was there first, as it has sort of taken the shine off Charles and Camilla going this evening, but I guess that’s just when the picnic was happening so there wasn’t a lot that could be done (although if Harry’s book is to be believed I can well imagine it would have made Charles a little annoyed)

I think Kate has a good rapport with children (I’ll overlook her calling them kiddies).
---
Someone said to me they went to the funeral of Diana, you know how people lined up on the street and roadside to see the procession? Then he told me that he and his partner wore cardboard cut outs of Diana’s face ‘as a mark of respect’.
IMG_7257.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I think Kate has a good rapport with children (I’ll overlook her calling them kiddies).
---

Someone said to me they went to the funeral of Diana, you know how people lined up on the street and roadside to see the procession? Then he told me that he and his partner wore cardboard cut outs of Diana’s face ‘as a mark of respect’.
View attachment 2189031
I like Kate but I hate it when she says kiddies!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.