The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just came across this on instagram and thought some people in here might enjoy it:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is visiting the chelsea flower show genuine work? Do we really think any of the royals do any of their own landscape gardening or gardening in general? Lol pigs (or daisies in this case) may fly.
Charles certainly loves gardening and takes a very keen interest in plants and garden design.I have been to Highgrove and the garden is beautiful. He was into organic gardening before it became fashionable and creating wildflower meadowss.

Reactions: 14
You think Omid, Priyanka, Meghan Markle and Harry are influential at Disney?
Did I say the words "I think Omid, Priyanka, Meghan Markle and Harry are influential at Disney?"
Perhaps you misremembered?
I believe I said that Omid apparently has a buddy working for Disney. Perhaps this 'friend' shares mouthpiece Omid's devotion to his mistress MM. Though only speculation about Omid, her rabid fans seem quite capable of doing just about anything in defence of their kween Meghan.

Reactions: 2
I feel Camilla needs to take a tip from the TLQ and dress more vibrant in public. She gets lost in the crowd.

Reactions: 3
Sadly Meghan has shown herself to be only interested in promoting herself. In terms of being good for the RF,, she's certainly never been an asset.
Actually at the start there was talk that Kates nose was put out because Megan just hit the ground running when she started - I agree her and Harry would've been great at modernising them, especially with their projects they had

Reactions: 3
Actually at the start there was talk that Kates nose was put out because Megan just hit the ground running when she started - I agree her and Harry would've been great at modernising them, especially with their projects they had
Modernising them in what way?

Reactions: 6
Do you lot think that Harry and Meghan is going to last? There are rumours they are a little more distant than they once were. Probably BS, but interesting nonetheless

Modernising them in what way?
Both her and Harry started projects which were new and are current (his with injured soldiers and hers with the grenfell project) - also Megan was a person of colour. When is the next time that's going to happen?
---
Do you lot think that Harry and Meghan is going to last? There are rumours they are a little more distant than they once were. Probably BS, but interesting nonetheless
People have been wishing them divorced since they left the church on their wedding day.

Reactions: 5
People have had them splitting up since before they married … and after that it wasn’t going to last more than a year/2 years/3 years. I mean who knows. They might well … the RF Iisn’t exactly top of the league table for stable marriages and on the recent evidence Harry is of a mindset to be never satisfied and must be terribly hard work.

Reactions: 6
Both her and Harry started projects which were new and are current (his with injured soldiers and hers with the grenfell project) - also Megan was a person of colour. When is the next time that's going to happen?
If a Prince’s penis pointing in the direction of a very light skinned mixed race woman is considered modernising the monarchy then we’re screwed as a nation. Especially when you consider how difficult it can be for ordinary people to gain UK citizenship, even with family ties. Yet, there would be no such issues for Meghan because of her husband’s royal privilege. The fact that an American can hold senior royal titles and have no intention of becoming a UK citizen is a symptom of how backward the whole institution is.

I don’t see anything particularly revolutionary about Invictus or the Grenfell project.

Reactions: 7
I feel Camilla needs to take a tip from the TLQ and dress more vibrant in public. She gets lost in the crowd.
I should imagine, unlike Queen Elizabeth, she is not the monarch so doesn’t want to take any attention away from her husband.

Reactions: 8
How exactly did she “hit the ground running”?

Yes, they were the words Meghan used in their engagement interview but actions speak louder than words.

Reactions: 8
I’ve noticed Camilla has been wearing these shoes a lot lately rather than heels, so maybe it’s due to her bad back?
I have noticed the same thing. She was walking and has been walking very tentatively of late. There was something off about her at the coronation. I think she is in pain with her back

Reactions: 7
If a Prince’s penis pointing in the direction of a very light skinned mixed race woman is considered modernising the monarchy then we’re screwed as a nation. Especially when you consider how difficult it can be for ordinary people to gain UK citizenship, even with family ties. Yet, there would be no such issues for Meghan because of her husband’s royal privilege. The fact that an American can hold senior royal titles and have no intention of becoming a UK citizen is a symptom of how backward the whole institution is.

I don’t see anything particularly revolutionary about Invictus or the Grenfell project.
I agree in so far, as that having a mixed race family member is as modernising as using your tiara as a bike helmet. It’s a pretty look but that’s about it. Nothing came out if it and nothing would have come out if it if they stayed. It was great distracting the masses from the fact that nothing was changing for the better in real life though.

Disagree about their bigger projects. I do think that H&M had quite the momentum and there was lots of uncomfortable comparison going on for Kate (and Wills but sadly the men always get overshadowed and the vultures rather rip on the women). H’s easy going attitude looked great when visiting abroad. His Sentebale and Invictus involvement appeared to be passionate and sincere (something W&K are lacking in their efforts- or rather it looks like that) and had been going on for years. Endurance is also an important part to sell something as import for you.
M and her long term involvement with Grenfell was really great. I loved it. Less big causes but more in depth involvement is the way forward. The Smart Works action was nice as well. Maybe not all pieces, but the idea was good. Incorporating friends to their benefit not so much.
People are rightly critical about Kate needing almost ten years to get where she is. She was around thirty when she started not a teen. And she and Wiliam aren’t called out to be lazy for nothing.
Meghan most definitely rode on this. I think their PR stepped massively on the Walses toes when they sold this image of the glamorous, well educated, experienced and super motivated go getter. It shone a light to where it hurt for Kate. And it hurt Meghan in the end as well. No one could have delivered what they promised. This narrative set her up to fail from day one.
IF H&M could have been content to play the fourth and eventually the fifth/sixth fiddle, they could have been the aaset most saw in them. The fact it didn’t work out and blew up like this, is -in my POV, mostly up to H. He didn’t prepare his wife for what was coming, so she didn’t had a chance to step away. He didn’t help her when things went south. He very probably sold her a future that was never going to happen and when he realises this he got petulant. I do think he believed himself that his/their role would be much more prominent. I do think M had quite the rude awakening. And she is not without blame. But I do think the majority of responsibility lies on H. If he were my husband he would have been in quite some trouble for blindsiding me like this.

Reactions: 9
I have to say, I don't love when people say Meghan could have modernised the royal family due to her ethnicity. The implication that someone's ethnicity should be used as a sales pitch for a family whose power and money is reliant on a tiered class system is a bit... icky.

Surely modernisation of the royals should be based on meaningful change, not the skin colour of someone who married into the family's privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
How exactly did she “hit the ground running”?

Yes, they were the words Meghan used in their engagement interview but actions speak louder than words.
She was definitely more visible or at least it felt like it. Which is all it needs really. The effort she put into her projects was obvious (or the PR did a good job, who knows with those people). She gave good speeches and had a good way of interacting. The choice of patronages looked way more fitting then what K got.
I like K but she is not a natural. She has worked hard on it and it shows. M is definitely very very good though. In the end M wasn’t really suited for the role because it clashes with some of her ideas. Which is fine.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.