The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh where is Cecil Beaton when you need him? His coronation portraits were magical, although he did have a huge advantage of a young, beautiful monarch and monarchy was still mystical and people deferred to it so much more in the 1950s compared to these days.
I think because the camera’s from the 50’s weren’t HD, they give off an ethereal feel as not everything is vivid. Charles’ photo is badly lit for me - the clothes look too crisp, the crown is at a jaunty angle and he just looks old and tired.

Reactions: 10
I love the pictures. I do think when compared to the previous photo of 1953 that it looks a bit sparse though. I loved Camilla’s dress, utterly suitable for a Coronation and a woman in her 70’s. She’d have looked ridiculous in something like TLQ wore.

Reactions: 11
I think he looks so much like Charles, much more than his brother William. The Red hair, look at his ancestors with Red hair and I think Diana’s sister was a redhead.
I see Charles clearly in him. However it’s been an eye-opener for me over the weekend how many people actually believe he isn’t his biological son. Started with my hairdresser on Friday saying she was convinced they’d had a DNA test done years ago and kept quiet about the results. When I scoffed all – ALL – the other customers piped up in agreement with her. Then my mother came out with the same thing on Saturday, and my aunties agreed. And yesterday, ALL members of my slimming club were on about it 🤯 My god, it’s just a meme you people!! But you can not sway them, they’re convinced! 🙈 And these are quite sensible people in general.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
There is a steep hill in Los Angeles that stars hike for excercise. Paps always hang out there. If that is where Meagain was she would have done know this. But again it could have been a private for hire moment

If she is taking this fad weight loss drug. The weight comes back when you stop taking it. She will never be Catherine thin. Plus it messes with your kidneys long term. And while taking it your stomach sick.

Reactions: 1
What going on with Kate’s coronation dress? In the portrait it has a deeper v-neckline and she wears the diamond necklace (as was reported but not seem during the coronation). But during the coronation it was a very visibly much higher u neckline. Did she wear a cape over it? I also wouldn’t put it past her to have two dresses, even though that would be a bit krass.

Both, she and Sophie kind of missed the mark. Sophie gets bonus points because the idea behind her dress is actually pretty cool and looks straight up out of a fantasy novel. It just doesn’t look good on her. Kate’s dress looks too bland. It reminds me of the dark velvet she wore to a reception some years ago. While I think a deeper neckline looks lovely - this particular style looks weird. A combined sweetheart and boat neck only works if you make it a bit more sexy. Which would have been ok. It’s not as if royals ladies haven’t worn deep or very revealing necklines in the past. But trying to stay modest while going for this, didn’t work. The shoulder part also looks too harsh.
Both look too much like a white stripe. There is not enough or the wrong stuff going on with those dresses.
The Duchess of Gloucester nailed it. Camilla and Alexandra also look much better in their chosen attire.

Reactions: 1
I’d love to know the ins and outs - are Kate and William genuinely lovely or just really great at playing the role as part of their job? Is what Harry says true or is he a bitter jealous brother? How do they talk to each other as a family when not in public?
I think there's a tendency to treat celebrities/famous figures as either good or evil, but with a few exceptions most are just bog standard human.
Kate and William are probably lovely when they need to be, but have moments they're right pricks, just like most people.

I think what Harry says is true to him. He seems to have a real victim complex, so likely looks back on altercations or conversations through a light of him having done no wrong and being unfairly attacked on all fronts. We're all the protagonist in our own minds and memories, but how we weave that story differs from person to person. For some, they're the innocent and unwitting hero in a tragedy full of villains.
It's easy to relay that someone was so angry at you that they had a go, but being able to accurately outline your own behaviour leading up to that anger can be a harder one to be intellectually honest about.

Reactions: 19
What going on with Kate’s coronation dress?
They said Charlotte’s was a replica and that had a cape so I guess Kate had one too under her robes. No idea why she wasn’t wearing it in the official photo unless she had got particularly hot with layers on

Reactions: 3
She’s 90 and probably not upto it. She didn’t attend the Platinum Jubilee or the Queens funeral either, so maybe she’s ill?

I used to really like her when she was at Wimbledon. Always remember the late Jana Navotna crying on her shoulder 😢
She did a lot to help the homeless but unlike Diana kept quiet about it.

Reactions: 6
Ya she looks more regal. I don't know if it's Charles' posture or what but he looks a bit dishevelled and like he's in fancy dress in some of the photos.
I don’t think the unstructured purple top that looks like it does up with Velcro helps.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think the unstructured purple top that looks like it does up with Velcro helps.
It’s also scrunched up in the middle. Someone said replace the orb and spectre with a can of beer and the tv controls and he’s look like most British men on the weekend 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She’s 90 and probably not upto it. She didn’t attend the Platinum Jubilee or the Queens funeral either, so maybe she’s ill?

I used to really like her when she was at Wimbledon. Always remember the late Jana Navotna crying on her shoulder 😢
I think she has chosen a quiet, tranquil life away from the glare of royal occasions. I don't blame her and always thought she was a very kind and caring lady who didn't court attention.

Reactions: 11
Anyone see the headline about Boris apparently squaring up to Charles (before he was king) about the Rwanda scheme? Probably BS on Boris part, we know what he's like.

I think he looks so much like Charles, much more than his brother William. The Red hair, look at his ancestors with Red hair and I think Diana’s sister was a redhead.
red hair has been in the royal family for 100s of years! The tudors had red hair, Mary of Teck was a redhead even QE's father looked like he had red hair in some lights.

Reactions: 3
I hate the photos, they’re depressing, that group shot looks like an advert for a retirement home. Why not give Alexandra a bloody chair rather than have her literally held up?! We should have had a full family photo (minus Andrew) and then one of Charles and Camilla and the Wales’s to show the future, Charles looks the total opposite of someone bearing the weight of the crown in these

Reactions: 12
I hate the photos, they’re depressing, that group shot looks like an advert for a retirement home. Why not give Alexandra a bloody chair rather than have her literally held up?! We should have had a full family photo (minus Andrew) and then one of Charles and Camilla and the Wales’s to show the future, Charles looks the total opposite of someone bearing the weight of the crown in these
I’m surprised there aren’t any photos with the pages etc or the Wales children.

Reactions: 6
It just highlights how right Anne was to say there is no more fat to trim from the working royals list. Princess Alexandra obviously not up to doing much/anything, Prince Edward is 87 and has had a couple of strokes, Prince Richard is 78 and his wife is 76. Take them out of the equation and you are left with Charles, Camilla, Anne (Timothy only really supports Anne, doesn’t work in his own right I don’t think), Edward, Sophie, William and Kate. There is no one under 40 among them. There are only 4 under 60 and for 2 of them it’s barely. Anne is obviously a powerhouse, but she’s only one person and 72 at that.

For all Charles wanted to slim down the monarchy they haven't actually done anything proactive to do that … all the changes have been thrust on them rather than considered decisions they’ve made so they are really going to have to now work out how they work with such reduced numbers.

Reactions: 12
There is a steep hill in Los Angeles that stars hike for excercise. Paps always hang out there. If that is where Meagain was she would have done know this. But again it could have been a private for hire moment

If she is taking this fad weight loss drug. The weight comes back when you stop taking it. She will never be Catherine thin. Plus it messes with your kidneys long term. And while taking it your stomach sick.
If you're talking about the weird middle section in the hiking pictures it looks like a weight belt or a bumbag for some of her stuff? She seems into a healthy lifestyle so I doubt she'd be taking a sketchy drug.

Also as the other person said she's already thin so stop pitting women against each other for silly stuff that's out of their control.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.