The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who is the woman far right between Edward and Sophie? Looks like she's being held up from falling down.
Princess Alexandria.
Queen’s cousin, aged 86, and sister to Prince Edward, Duke of a Kent at the other end of the line.
---
They all look photoshopped in this View attachment 2157100
No, that’s what Prince Andrew is doing.

I saw the official balcony photograph and even though I’d seen it actually happening, Prince Edward looked wrong and really little on the end. If you didn’t know it was actually true, you could think it had been diddled with.

Reactions: 1
Who is the woman far right between Edward and Sophie? Looks like she's being held up from falling down. That photo also shows how old the main members of the RF are.
Princess Alexandra. It’s a random photo. It’s like one of those illusion pictures the more you look the weirder it gets.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Princess Alexandra. It’s a random photo. It’s like one of those illusion pictures the more you look the weirder it gets.
It's a little odd yeah. I wonder why she has a massive grin on her face too, it's quite funny in contrast to other members in the photo.

I wonder why the Duchess of Kent didn’t go. I know she’s been retired for some time but she has appeared sparingly at certain events.

It's a nicely composed picture, but it's lacking a lot elsewhere. Maybe he'll grow more into the role.

Oh where is Cecil Beaton when you need him? His coronation portraits were magical, although he did have a huge advantage of a young, beautiful monarch and monarchy was still mystical and people deferred to it so much more in the 1950s compared to these days.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Is it mean to ask why didn’t they just leave Princess Alexandra out? Most people won’t know who she is and she’s literally being held up by 2 people, it just looks silly. It’s not exactly the slimmed down monarchy he speaks of.

• Sad
Is it mean to ask why didn’t they just leave Princess Alexandra out? Most people won’t know who she is and she’s literally being held up by 2 people, it just looks silly. It’s not exactly the slimmed down monarchy he speaks of.
Maybe he felt after all her years of service and loyalty, she deserved to be in the official photographs, before she departs this mortal coil.

Reactions: 24
Just watched this, it’s a video (it’s about 10pm a long) by two conservative commentators from America who watched the Coronation in London for their channels. Whilst on Reddit the past few days there was a lot of Americans who were crowing at the Coronation and saying negative things about the process but these two seem to really love the whole experience. I found it interesting what they said that every country needs the ability to unite around something, for Americans it’s the flag and for them they believe for the British it’s the Royal family. I’m not sure if I agree with the Royal family being a unifier for the British as there are quite a lot of difficulties within the history of the Royals, especially the devolved nations, but an interesting thought none the less.
As they are conservatives, they weren’t happy with how it was modernised - to the point one said she didn’t like the woman bishop.

I wonder why the Duchess of Kent didn’t go. I know she’s been retired for some time but she has appeared sparingly at certain events.
She’s 90 and probably not upto it. She didn’t attend the Platinum Jubilee or the Queens funeral either, so maybe she’s ill?

I used to really like her when she was at Wimbledon. Always remember the late Jana Navotna crying on her shoulder 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s 90 and probably not upto it. She didn’t attend the Platinum Jubilee or the Queens funeral either, so maybe she’s ill?

I used to really like her when she was at Wimbledon. Always remember the late Jana Navotna crying on her shoulder 😢
That is very true. I know she’s not been a working royal for awhile and she’s had a tough life, some terrible things to live through. I have a soft spot for her as she has (or had, not sure on her current condition) M.E which is what I have too.

Reactions: 5
Oh where is Cecil Beaton when you need him? His coronation portraits were magical, although he did have a huge advantage of a young, beautiful monarch and monarchy was still mystical and people deferred to it so much more in the 1950s compared to these days.
Yeah I was honestly thinking the queen's photos looked so much more special and regal. Especially this one. I thought it was perhaps nostalgia goggles but really her whole coronation seemed much grander in a way. Camilla's dress was horrible and I feel like the king & wife was outshone by the wales' and everyone else in terms of appearance. Even th queen mother's dress for her coronation was so much better, if all this money is gonna go on it, at least make it look good

Reactions: 1
Yeah I was honestly thinking the queen's photos looked so much more special and regal. Especially this one. I thought it was perhaps nostalgia goggles but really her whole coronation seemed much grander in a way. Camilla's dress was horrible and I feel like the king & wife was outshone by the wales' and everyone else in terms of appearance. Even th queen mother's dress for her coronation was so much better, if all this money is gonna go on it, at least make it look good
Ya she looks more regal. I don't know if it's Charles' posture or what but he looks a bit dishevelled and like he's in fancy dress in some of the photos.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.