The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Again, I would just like to point out for the Daily Mail that wearing clothes twice is not in any way, shape or form ‘recycling’. It’s wearing the same item twice.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Idk how old you are, but in this day and age the oldest thing in a lot of people in their 20s/30s/40s wardrobe is probably only a few years old. Maybe some good shoes, bag or coat will be older, but a lot of clothes just aren’t made to a good quality to last anymore. I guess she has the luxury of money and space, a lot of people sell stuff to buy new stuff.
Not for fashion fans, my wardrobe has like 100 older pieces 😂 👠

Reactions: 5
Again, I would just like to point out for the Daily Mail that wearing clothes twice is not in any way, shape or form ‘recycling’. It’s wearing the same item twice.
Hey now, I'm quite enjoying the idea that I'm some sort of recycling god due to my inability to compose more than 4 passable outfits.

Yes I hate the term recycling too however when it comes to people in the public eye it’s quite rare to see the same dress twice especially red carpet numbers etc so I do get why they make it into a news story…of course for us mere mortals we buy one fancy dress and it lasts for at least every occasion for the next 5-10 years 😅

Reactions: 6
Who would want to be Master/Mistress of the Wardrobe now? Probably restyled as Guardian of the Wardrobe?
I’d definitely say that my title would have to be ‘Mistress of the Robes’! Sounds mysterious and magical.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I just don't understand why they write to each other! Are people still doing that? I had a look at the DM story there and I agree that it couldn't have come from the Palace. It's not even interesting to me at this stage. I think that story is dead in the water. Why didn't she write to her great friend the queen who was in charge at that stage or mention it in one of her phone calls with her?
well Megz has shown to have a very tangential relationship with the objective truth. however i do think there was correspondence between her/ her lawyers/ people and CH courtiers. which she interpreted as personal correspondence with the King. like that famous chicken tacos lunch interview with Michelle Obama, which turned out to be email exchanges with the First Lady's secretaries. while Megz was eating tacos.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I mean if I wear things just five times in over ten years, even my crappy H&M Shirt would be in a good enough condition. T-Shirts and jeans, when worn several days a week will give in over the course of a couple of years. Especially if you machine wash or even tumble dry.
Some items can stand the test of time. Good quality real leather boots/gloves/belts/bags will last and look fabulous with patina. Coats and dresses aren’t worn every day but are mostly seasonal items. Using something just 3-6 months in a year will add to its lifespan. And there are some brands still using the high quality heavy fabric that will ensure the piece will endure. But those are expensive and still out of reach for many thirty years olds. In general it feels as if they use less material for the same pieces nowadays.

Reactions: 11
I mean if I wear things just five times in over ten years, even my crappy H&M Shirt would be in a good enough condition. T-Shirts and jeans, when worn several days a week will give in over the course of a couple of years. Especially if you machine wash or even tumble dry.
Some items can stand the test of time. Good quality real leather boots/gloves/belts/bags will last and look fabulous with patina. Coats and dresses aren’t worn every day but are mostly seasonal items. Using something just 3-6 months in a year will add to its lifespan. And there are some brands still using the high quality heavy fabric that will ensure the piece will endure. But those are expensive and still out of reach for many thirty years olds. In general it feels as if they use less material for the same pieces nowadays.
Yes, that‘s the mark of the true Aristo, isn’t it. Being able to trace the lineage of your shootin‘ jacket back almost as far as your own.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've actually got some stuff from my mother and aunt, bought before I was born. Much of it is low use like gloves, scarves, evening bags etc but I've a wool knitted jacket and a velvet beret-style hat that my mother bought in Italy 63 years ago. I'm not sure what to do with the great-aunts' shoulder foxes though 🤢.

I’d like to see outfits with tweaks to recycle them Rather than worn again which most people do. That would send a more interesting message. How can you restyle an outfit?

Reactions: 7
I’d like to see outfits with tweaks to recycle them Rather than worn again which most people do. That would send a more interesting message. How can you restyle an outfit?
Change the buttons
Add a coloured zipper
Sew a scarf into the neckline

Yes I hate the term recycling too however when it comes to people in the public eye it’s quite rare to see the same dress twice especially red carpet numbers etc so I do get why they make it into a news story…of course for us mere mortals we buy one fancy dress and it lasts for at least every occasion for the next 5-10 years 😅
The funny thing is, while Kate does re-wear stuff again (and fair dues!) she A - has gotten Charles to pay enough money for them so i would hope she would and B - she re-wears things like sparkly gowns etc but has the same Catherine Walker coat in 10 different colours....

Reactions: 9
To be fair - the stuff she wears outside the job or her outdoorsy stuff is basically the same ever since people started having a closer look. Her personal style hasn’t really changed.
But having the same piece in several colours or similar pieces in the same colour (so you wonder if it’s the same) is so wasteful. Especially because often one gets repeated and the other ones never show up again.

Reactions: 2
To be fair - the stuff she wears outside the job or her outdoorsy stuff is basically the same ever since people started having a closer look. Her personal style hasn’t really changed.
But having the same piece in several colours or similar pieces in the same colour (so you wonder if it’s the same) is so wasteful. Especially because often one gets repeated and the other ones never show up again.
I'll never forget she wore a camel colour coat and it cost THOUSANDS - looked exactly like one you'd pick up from anywhere and it did nothing for her either.

It's points like above which makes me beg she hires a stylist who actually knows what they're doing instead of an assistant who dresses nice

Reactions: 7
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Many thoughts but not willing to voice them in any detail till more is known. On the face of it, it looks like Harry has been completely left out but that might not be accurate.
A bit more here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...doch-news-group-prince-william-phone-hacking/

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.