The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To me, he’s got Williams eyes and his nose and mouth are like Kate’s father. Charlotte and George both have blonde hair so seem to have got that from the Spencer side. Hopefully both boys can keep a head of hair because Michael Middleton and Earl Spencer still look good, it’s just the Windsor fighting.
Oh sorry I meant Edward and Sophie's son!

Reactions: 2
So someone who's got at least 4 court cases suing about his privacy being invaded has just released a private court case that involved his brother and not him. How does that work??? Is this all because gis brother is older and is going to be king, not him?

Reactions: 16
I believe that whenever news international have settled it’s always been on the basis of not accepting liability (presumably so they can say that they never hacked any phones). So it might be that Harry and other people in this case (I think it’s not just him?) want a finding made be a court that rules there was hacking? It might be very expensive though so only those with deep pockets can afford to do it. Don’t know too much about it though, not my area!

It's usually easier and cheaper to settle cases. The defendant would probably lose more in a court case and the victim would have to go through the stress of a case and the privacy invasion that brings with it. Unless someone feels really strongly about making a point, they'll often settle. Harry does want to make a point and now he'll have to go through the stress of a case whereas other celebrities including William might have thought it wasn't worth the hassle and just settled. I don't think there are any complicated or sinister motivations on either side. Just different strokes for different folks. I don't see the relevance of William settlement to Harry's case though and I don't see why he revealed it as it was private information.

Reactions: 12
It's usually easier and cheaper to settle cases. The defendant would probably lose more in a court case and the victim would have to go through the stress of a case and the privacy invasion that brings with it. Unless someone feels really strongly about making a point, they'll often settle. Harry does want to make a point and now he'll have to go through the stress of a case whereas other celebrities including William might have thought it wasn't worth the hassle and just settled. I don't think there are any complicated or sinister motivations on either side. Just different strokes for different folks. I don't see the relevance of William settlement to Harry's case though and I don't see why he revealed it as it was private information.
The timing of it would be the main point. As I mentioned in a previous post, statute barring could have excluded William's settlement, just as much as Harry's case. NGN need to explain that, as it is they who are trying to get the whole thing barred for being ot of time.

Reactions: 3
Was the embarrassing Tampax conversation between Charles and Camilla a result of phone hacking?
If so, did Charles sue or did he just grin and bear it?
I vaguely remember it being in the papers but can't remember if any legal action was taken.

The timing of it would be the main point. As I mentioned in a previous post, statute barring could have excluded William's settlement, just as much as Harry's case. NGN need to explain that, as it is they who are trying to get the whole thing barred for being ot of time.
Ah that makes sense. Thanks for explaining. Sounds like it will be difficult to get the case heard if that's the case.

I posted this in the Eurovision thread but I'll post it here too.

King Charles and Queen Camilla were in Liverpool today for the unveiling of the Eurovision stage. They met with Rylan, Scott Mills and Hannah Waddingham.

Reactions: 5
Was the embarrassing Tampax conversation between Charles and Camilla a result of phone hacking?
I vaguely remember it being in the papers but can't remember if any legal action was taken.
I don’t know but I *think* at the time that the newspaper published a premium rate number which you could call to listen to it. Also Diana’s “squidgygate“ tape was available.
I cannot believe it was accepted back then.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
it was indeed a phone hacking. As far as I’m aware they just grinned and beared it….or more like endured the embarrassment of it all!

it was indeed a phone hacking. As far as I’m aware they just grinned and beared it….or more like endured the embarrassment of it all!
I think it was originally played as a one man amateur/CB radio enthusiast who just happened to stumble across it on the airwaves.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I think it was originally played as a one man amateur/CB radio enthusiast who just happened to stumble across it on the airwaves.
ah yes, that was how the crown portrayed it too. Either way, very immoral and embarrassing to have it published in national and international newspapers

Reactions: 5
I don’t know but I *think* at the time that the newspaper published a premium rate number which you could call to listen to it. Also Diana’s “squidgygate“ tape was available.
I cannot believe it was accepted back then.
It’s things like this that kinda make me roll my eyes when the public talk about how disgusting the press are when they’re the ones feeding the demand. The same people that were wailing to William and Harry after Diana’s death and blaming the press will be the same people ringing that gossip line. The current generation like to think they’re above it and don’t fall for press and media games, but we’re seeing it with Taylor Swift atm going through a break up and her fans are closely watching who does and doesn’t follow her ex on instagram and creating TikTok’s and all sorts about it. People created this demand and then jump in their ivory tower.

Even with Charles and Diana in this story, you can’t ask for privacy when you’re leaking stories about the other person and sometimes even yourself, it can’t be that Diana was happy to give a story about Charles away but kicked off about them being intrusive when he did the same to her.

Reactions: 10
I'm just looking at all the clips of Catherine from today. Abseiling and things at the mountain rescue centre. She really is the perfect Royal allrounder.

Reactions: 12
I'm just looking at all the clips of Catherine from today. Abseiling and things at the mountain rescue centre. She really is the perfect Royal allrounder.
I don't think she'd be able to do that if she was thin through an ED. She's extremely physically fit.

Reactions: 11
She looked genuinely happy and at ease. Such a shame her obvious love of sport and the outdoors wasn’t utilised for her ‘project’.

Reactions: 19
She looked genuinely happy and at ease. Such a shame her obvious love of sport and the outdoors wasn’t utilised for her ‘project’.
It's this that just screams to me she should have done something related to the DofE (we've mentioned it plenty before so I won't re-hash it) but I really feel they've missed a trick there...she totally excels at these type of engagements

Reactions: 17
I feel like prince harry wants to make it a thing that prince william settled in the ph hacking.

Maybe he just didn't want his private stuff aired out in court?
Like.
This is a non story mate. We don't care he settled.

Reactions: 6
I feel like prince harry wants to make it a thing that prince william settled in the ph hacking.

Maybe he just didn't want his private stuff aired out in court?
Like.
This is a non story mate. We don't care he settled.
Apparently he gave the money to charity.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.