The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Coronation will see a massive turnout of people celebrating their new King and Queen.

I haven't been at all impressed by the anti monarchist protesters who look like a sparse bunch from rent-a-crowd
I find that the extreme wings of both the monarchy and anti-monarchy factions tend to be easily identified by having a certain look.

Reactions: 6
Yes the German reception and crowds shocked me too. I do think Charles is benefitting at the moment from being in his first year as King, meaning all of his visits are technically firsts. First state visit as King, first maundy service as King, first trip to X,Y,Z as King, so there's a bit more to it and gives a historical incentive to turn out and see him. I don't know if he was to say visit Germany again in 7 years, would he get the same reaction?

That being said I do think Charles is actually much more popular than the press and Diana stans would have you believe. Everyone who has met him seems to sing his praises and he always gets a good turnout at engagements etc. The press picked their side in the battle of the Wales's and chose to paint Charles as the cold husband and father etc and the Diana cohort will never be swayed, but amongst the general public I gather he's actaully rather well liked, his tributes to "mummy" have helped too of course

Reactions: 17
I find that the extreme wings of both the monarchy and anti-monarchy factions tend to be easily identified by having a certain look.
Agree. Where's TYYlie by the way?
---
Yes the German reception and crowds shocked me too. I do think Charles is benefitting at the moment from being in his first year as King, meaning all of his visits are technically firsts. First state visit as King, first maundy service as King, first trip to X,Y,Z as King, so there's a bit more to it and gives a historical incentive to turn out and see him. I don't know if he was to say visit Germany again in 7 years, would he get the same reaction?

That being said I do think Charles is actually much more popular than the press and Diana stans would have you believe. Everyone who has met him seems to sing his praises and he always gets a good turnout at engagements etc. The press picked their side in the battle of the Wales's and chose to paint Charles as the cold husband and father etc and the Diana cohort will never be swayed, but amongst the general public I gather he's actaully rather well liked, his tributes to "mummy" have helped too of course
Charles is liked here in Ireland. As Prince he wanted to visit every county in Ireland. We don't want a King and he (and his mother) repected that. And therein lies good neighbour relations

Reactions: 16
Agree. Where's TYYlie by the way?
---

Charles is liked here in Ireland. As Prince he wanted to visit every county in Ireland. We don't want a King and he (and his mother) repected that. And therein lies good neighbour relations
I do always miss her posts when she disappears… Wrong!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I was there today, outside York minster. Camilla is tiny in person and Charles really does have massive hands

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I have only heard good things about people I know who have met Charles and Camilla including family members.

I do think Diana's PR offensive of being the saintly, wronged wife, perfect mum, was so effective and still works well on some people. Especially here in the USA - you still see media singing Saint Diana's praises and how evil the rest of the family are.

I find Republic interesting as a group - it doesn't seem like there's a big upswell of support for it - but arguments I hear from my family in the UK (those who aren't really hard-core monarchists; some are) are they would rather have a Royal Family than a President Blair or a President Johnson. I can understand that.

Reactions: 8
I have only heard good things about people I know who have met Charles and Camilla including family members.

I do think Diana's PR offensive of being the saintly, wronged wife, perfect mum, was so effective and still works well on some people. Especially here in the USA - you still see media singing Saint Diana's praises and how evil the rest of the family are.

I find Republic interesting as a group - it doesn't seem like there's a big upswell of support for it - but arguments I hear from my family in the UK (those who aren't really hard-core monarchists; some are) are they would rather have a Royal Family than a President Blair or a President Johnson. I can understand that.
could you imagine, president Liz Truss or Tresemmé?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I wonder if they'll release a pic to take some shine away from the coronation. A birthday picture wasn't released for Archie's 3rd birthday so it's not a given. Harry wasn't even at home for Archie's birthday last year, he was in a polo tournament.
I'd bet money on it. Even if it's not on the day, they'll release one to show they were having a wonderful time away from the Royals.

Reactions: 6
I find Republic interesting as a group - it doesn't seem like there's a big upswell of support for it
I think that’s just the condition of the British people or at least the English. We never do anything overt and loud, just complain to our friends and family and seethe quietly.
Similar to how in France they have riots because they are thinking about increasing the retirement age but here we haven’t done anything. The only group of people who are campaigning are the WASPIS. I do envy the French in that way, they let their government and leaders know what they want. So I think Republic could potentially have a lot of support but also I don’t think people would necessarily go out to protest. I follow Republic on Facebook and didn’t even know about these protests.

Reactions: 7
Here’s my hot take: I think The King will be brilliant. I’ve been looking forward to his reign, as I think a monarch with a great conscience and an informed educated opinion is what we need in this century. The late Queen was amazing at having a presence, but The King doesn’t have time for that to build, so I personally think that he needs to wield his soft power with thoughtful causes.
The St Diana lot will never be convinced, but I will always believe that they were stupidly forced together and that never would have worked. He loved Camilla, was sent away cos she ‘wasn’t suitable’, she realised that and married elsewhere to a very dashing man, who could blame her? Diana played away too, many times and with married men.
It was all such a shame that QETQM masterminded a stupid plan in the age of debutantes.
I am glad QC has had the ‘consort’ title dropped. She has put her head above the parapet marrying Charles and has shown herself to be an intelligent and kind woman.

• Sick
Reactions: 32
Here’s my hot take: I think The King will be brilliant. I’ve been looking forward to his reign, as I think a monarch with a great conscience and an informed educated opinion is what we need in this century. The late Queen was amazing at having a presence, but The King doesn’t have time for that to build, so I personally think that he needs to wield his soft power with thoughtful causes.
The St Diana lot will never be convinced, but I will always believe that they were stupidly forced together and that never would have worked. He loved Camilla, was sent away cos she ‘wasn’t suitable’, she realised that and married elsewhere to a very dashing man, who could blame her? Diana played away too, many times and with married men.
It was all such a shame that QETQM masterminded a stupid plan in the age of debutantes.
I am glad QC has had the ‘consort’ title dropped. She has put her head above the parapet marrying Charles and has shown herself to be an intelligent and kind woman.
Great post.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m done with the lot of ‘em. I don’t think a republic is any better as we’d end up with some idiot voted in as president.

The monarchy and its structure needs to be massively reduced in cost and size. Start opening up all the historical buildings to the public.

Reactions: 3
The historic palaces are open to the public.

I agree l admire the French people as well for not taking any crap.

Reactions: 4
[QUOTE="regularvoltaire, 📯
[/QUOTE]
Debutantes? In the 1980' s ?,They had them banned from the Royal Court in the 50's.

The Gels still get hawked round The Season though. Gels really need to have caught someone’s eye by Henley Regatta.
Princess Margaret called them a bunch of tarts. Diana was referred to as a Sloane Ranger never a Deb.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.