The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think at this point the public argument over whether they will/won't and should/shouldn't is pointless, and the ongoing speculation just fuels tabloid drama.

Inviting them was fairly inevitable as they're part of Charles's immediate family. They're not working royals so their attendance would be unlikely to provide more than a bit of a photo op and provide Harry a chance to show his father some support.
Whether Harry actually wants to show support for his father, and whether they can cope with the reception their statements and Harry's disclosures will cause (both from the public and within the family) is something only they can decide.

Reactions: 8
I see Harry and Meghan haven't replied to the invite or the Coronation even though the date has passed.

They really have to make a drama out of every f***ing thing. :mad:

The palace should just make an announcement that as they haven't replied they will assume they're not coming.
I wonder if this is the media saying these things to stir up trouble (and clicks)?
---
I love the coronation invites, they're just beautiful.

View attachment 2079317
It is really beautiful, I love all the symbolism. I also find it a modern take on tradition iconography. Really great job to whoever designed it.

If they don't RSVP, then it's a no, really. It's not like they can just pop down on a whim.

I never thought they'd come tbh. Opinion of them is poor within the family, so it'd just be awkward for them. This is an event that will have monarchists out in force, so the public reception wouldn't be fun either.

There is nothing to gain other than some column inches that they can get just as easily by releasing a family picture saying they've had a wonderful time celebrating Archie's birthday. I suspect that's what they'll do.

Reactions: 3
Personally I don’t think they’ll come either but will drag out the will they won’t they as long as possible as they love the publicity (despite saying to the contrary). They will then post something after the Coronation to create headlines and shift everything back to them.

Reactions: 5
If they don't RSVP, then it's a no, really. It's not like they can just pop down on a whim.

I never thought they'd come tbh. Opinion of them is poor within the family, so it'd just be awkward for them. This is an event that will have monarchists out in force, so the public reception wouldn't be fun either.

There is nothing to gain other than some column inches that they can get just as easily by releasing a family picture saying they've had a wonderful time celebrating Archie's birthday. I suspect that's what they'll do.
I wonder if they'll release a pic to take some shine away from the coronation. A birthday picture wasn't released for Archie's 3rd birthday so it's not a given. Harry wasn't even at home for Archie's birthday last year, he was in a polo tournament.

I have seen a big tiktoker say that Charles Spencer should host a birthday party for Archie at Althorp! I don't think the man who stayed away from 2 of his daughters weddings will through a party for his great nephew.. doesn't seem like a family man! :oops: 😂

Reactions: 10
I have seen a big tiktoker say that Charles Spencer should host a birthday party for Archie at Althorp! I don't think the man who stayed away from 2 of his daughters weddings will through a party for his great nephew.. doesn't seem like a family man! :oops: 😂
I could imagine Charles Spencer doing that if it would benefit him.

If there are people out there thinking that because Harry portrays his mother as a flawless human the Spencers must be a kind, loving family able to provide them with the warmth and love apparently missing from their families, they'll be sorely disappointed.

Reactions: 12
IF they haven’t rsvped yet, it should be treated as a no. But BP shouldn’t make a thing out of it. They should come up with an easy enough solution where to put them if they decide to show up after all. Just to cut off any drama that could be created out of them “trying” to make it last second and then whining because mean Daddy and step mummy weren’t willing to host them. No matter if they missed the deadline. A nice seat far in the back, no big appearance and then BP has the upper hand to say they didn’t respond, everyone assumed they weren’t coming but when they decided to come after all everyone did their best to include them in such short notice. Because they are much cherished members of the family and KCIII. was so happy to have them. Bla bla bla

RE including Rose’s son…. I think my opinion is quite well known. I can absolutely see Wiliam having the odd ONS. He doesn’t strike me as the guy having a long running affair though. Just because he seems to be a more calculated and rational personality willing to do what it takes to become King without such drama. Also, call me naive, but an affair means effort. Which means at least passion. Sorry, but neither K nor W strike me as passionate people. Or as willing to be extra hard working for such a thing. W also is very set on appearance about his personal live (if it only were about his and his wife’s working appearance but different topic). I doubt he would risk a scandal. Because someone would talk sooner or later. To be vilified like his father, having drama play out in public- and it would no matter if K supersets or stays, talks or stays silent, I think that’s one of his biggest fears. He didn’t marry a woman with a perfect family background and the will to make it if that wouldn’t be important to him (not judging. Choosing a life partner always includes some programming of what we look for in people or what draws us in). I think they are a great match even if they might not be a great live story.
So yeah…… Cheating- probably, Rose-that’s a no from me.

Reactions: 11
I think anyone who thought this wasn’t going to be the outcome was deluding themselves really.
the bandwagon of tradition rumbles on regardless of who is driving or passenger.
Yup, Diana died nearly 30 years ago, Queen Elizabeth is no longer with us life goes on.
---
I could imagine Charles Spencer doing that if it would benefit him.

If there are people out there thinking that because Harry portrays his mother as a flawless human the Spencers must be a kind, loving family able to provide them with the warmth and love apparently missing from their families, they'll be sorely disappointed.
Charles Spencer comes over as having psychopathic traits He used to ridicule his anorexic wife on public, after her divorce Diana asked him if she could live on a cottage on the estate and he refused. He didn't turn up to his daughter's wedding . Not a man I'd want to know if he treats his immediate family badly

Reactions: 14
I wonder if this is the media saying these things to stir up trouble (and clicks)?
I'm in no doubt they are but it is ridiculous they haven't replied. Come or don't. No one cares that much. They just have to make everything about them. The longer they drag it out the longer they're in the news (which they hate :rolleyes: )

I've seen some strange things about written and said about Queen Camilla. At the end of the day, for her it's just a title. She won't be 'The Queen' .
It's just the way it is. King has always out ranked Queen so that's why Prince Albert and Prince Philip could never have the title. Has everyone forgot that the Queen Mother was Queen Elizabeth and before her there was Queen Mary etc etc

Likewise people saying the Coronation is too soon after TQ's death. After the death of a monarch there follows a coronation.

I'm assuming people just don't understand because we had TQ for so long and the vast majority of people only ever knew her. They don't see that the big machine just keeps rolling.

Reactions: 17
I’m a little bit doubtful now we can trust these sources after they came out defiantly to say Netflix didn’t contact the palace and then it turned out they did.

Reactions: 7
I’m a little bit doubtful now we can trust these sources after they came out defiantly to say Netflix didn’t contact the palace and then it turned out they did.
Whoever ‘The Source’ is really needs to catch themselves on because all this leaking is doing is proving that Harry may actually have had a point.

They will either come or they won’t but either way, it won’t make any difference at all. I think the Daily Mail is more concerned about it than even Charles will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Whoever ‘The Source’ is really needs to catch themselves on because all this leaking is doing is proving that Harry may actually have had a point.

They will either come or they won’t but either way, it won’t make any difference at all. I think the Daily Mail is more concerned about it than even Charles will be.
I don't think the public cares much either. Them coming for the jubilee was a big thing because it was their first time coming back together and the first time for Harry that wasn't a funeral. They came back, the RF iced them and our curiosity about what would happen was satisfied.

Reactions: 4
I really liked Camilla’s outfit today. I think she suits blue.
The protests interest me. I don’t think people would have done that to the Queen but feels like Charles is more fair game l?

Reactions: 2
The protests interest me. I don’t think people would have done that to the Queen but feels like Charles is more fair game l?
I find the protests odd, it seems like Charles is trying to reduce the cost of the RF to the public and seems to me much more aware of social issues, climate change, cost of living problems etc, than QE II ever was.

If it’s a democratically elected head of state they want instead of a monarchy - the general public hasn’t exactly done a great job of electing those in charge for the past 13 years imo

Reactions: 18
I find the protests odd, it seems like Charles is trying to reduce the cost of the RF to the public and seems to me much more aware of social issues, climate change, cost of living problems etc, than QE II ever was.

If it’s a democratically elected head of state they want instead of a monarchy - the general public hasn’t exactly done a great job of electing those in charge for the past 13 years imo
I wonder if Charles's stance of speaking out about issues such as architecture and the environment makes him an easier target, the late Queen kept herself to herself and we saw very little of the person behind the figurehead. I also wonder if people havent really forgiven him for his affair with Camilla and his treatment of Diana some people are still firmly in the Diana was wronged camp. All in all I think his behaviour has made him more "human" than the Queen but instead of that making him more admirable it has ended up making him more vulnerable.

I think Republic always said they saw the changeover to Charles as their big chance to drum up support and I think even they knew that publicly protesting an old lady isn't a great look whereas to them Charles is fair game. I too find them interesting, but more because they don't seem to be drumming up much support. In crowds of hundreds of well wishers there's a about 20 of them. They even sent out a press release the other week stating when and where the protest would be and I think it ended up being about 15 people.
---
I think Republic always said they saw the changeover to Charles as their big chance to drum up support and I think even they knew that publicly protesting an old lady isn't a great look whereas to them Charles is fair game. I too find them interesting, but more because they don't seem to be drumming up much support. In crowds of hundreds of well wishers there's a about 20 of them. They even sent out a press release the other week stating when and where the protest would be and I think it ended up being about 15 people.
Quoting to add, I believe the protests are from the Republic group rather than individuals who don't like Charles because he had an affair

Reactions: 4
---

Quoting to add, I believe the protests are from the Republic group rather than individuals who don't like Charles because he had an affair

And it's probably the same 20 that turn up to each event.

I was listening to the radio last night and they were saying that the monarchy is still very popular. Over 75% or something of the population want them.

I was thinking about the reaction they got in Germany. I can't see Rishi getting that sort of welcome. I'll keep TRF as my head of state.

Reactions: 6
The Coronation will see a massive turnout of people celebrating their new King and Queen.

I haven't been at all impressed by the anti monarchist protesters who look like a sparse bunch from rent-a-crowd

And it's probably the same 20 that turn up to each event.

I was listening to the radio last night and they were saying that the monarchy is still very popular. Over 75% or something of the population want them.

I was thinking about the reaction they got in Germany. I can't see Rishi getting that sort of welcome. I'll keep TRF as my head of state.
I was really surprised by the turn out in Germany, there was a birds eye view of the crowds and it was like a boy band were in town, not a 70 odd year old couple😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.