The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Your parents marriage fell apart because your dad was unfaithful. I’m not condoning someone like Camilla but it’s always the other woman and not the man who signed a legal document and broke vows to be faithful. If it hadn’t been one woman it would have been another, and if it hadn’t been another woman the marriage would have likely broken down because there wasn’t enough love to sustain it.
It is not as simple as that. Also the other woman can chose a man who is taken or not. But I am too old to argue, I just stated that I can understand why not all people admire Camilla. I usually do not post my opinion here, because I see that Camilla has many supporters. I understand that and why she is great for Charles. But for me this story has a sour taste. I will not change my opinion after following this story for so many years. I greatly admired QE and I am really curious what the future will bring to Royal family.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
It is not as simple as that. Also the other woman can chose a man who is taken or not. But I am too old to argue, I just stated that I can understand why not all people admire Camilla,
I agree!! Camilla was married she could have left them well alone

Reactions: 4
I agree!! Camilla was married she could have left them well alone
It's the fact that she interfered and kept her grip on Charles that makes me dislike her. She was toxic to Charles and Diana's marriage.

Well if it was me !! I would blame her!! That marriage was doomed from the start!! Let’s say she never stayed away, always in the background young naive, unable to handle a third party in a marriage!! That would kick off any insecurities. The manipulation of a younger woman by an older woman!! She asked BTW do you hunt! When Diana said no, she was relieved!! That was her way of keeping a hold of Charles. Charles was also easily manipulated and spoiled. She knew what buttons to press. Instead of leaving the marriage to fail of it own accord, she helped it along

---
If anyone wants to see the full documentary
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a fan of Camilla. I’m not sure why she didn’t marry Charles but was decided to stay in the background, being there at the wedding, events, etc. Very odd behaviour but then again maybe that’s how aristos work?

It's the fact that she interfered and kept her grip on Charles that makes me dislike her. She was toxic to Charles and Diana's marriage.
Or maybe Charles was happy to be "gripped" and returned the pressure willingly?Noone apart from those concerned knows. The Crown is fiction.

Reactions: 7
Or maybe Charles was happy to be "gripped" and returned the pressure willingly?Noone apart from those concerned knows. The Crown is fiction.
This is nothing from the crown !! Did you see Diana in her own words doc !! She said it her self !!
---
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a fan of Camilla. I’m not sure why she didn’t marry Charles but was decided to stay in the background, being there at the wedding, events, etc. Very odd behaviour but then again maybe that’s how aristos work?
I think she didn’t want to leave him go! To wear white at a wedding says a lot of things!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
So he had no choice and it was all her fault? Of course not, the person responsible for breaking up a marriage is the one in the marriage who strays. If the marriage is a good one then it doesn’t matter how many people throw themselves at one of them.
---
I think she didn’t want to leave him go! To wear white at a wedding says a lot of things!
I’ve worn white to a wedding, nobody cared, nobody mistook me for the bride and I wasn’t (and would never) sleep with the groom 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Charles and Diana were spectacularly unsuited to each other. Spectacularly. But all they had to do was produce an heir and, for preference, a spare then they could toddle off and have their own separate lives and just meet for Christmas walks at Sandringham and the odd tour to Australia. They didn’t have to live together and spend the evening squabbling who gets control of the remote. Unfortunately the one person who wasn’t aware of the rules was Diana, who might have been a gel from the right stock but who was also naive and fancied herself in love. It really was a clash of old style aristocratic lineage merger and tabloid/public desire for a fairytale.

I would bet that if the media and public hadn’t been so heavily invested and if Diana had thought, you know what, I don’t like it but I’ll go with it … then she and Charles would still be married and living separate lives as would Camilla and Andrew. It doesn’t matter how many pints they pull or how little they use the gold coach, they really are not and never will be ‘just like us’.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I might be late on this, but according to my Mum there’s some big news being held back until after the stupid coronation, apparently Camilla was in attendance at one of that twit Boris Johnson’s parties during lockdown, is this something that’s common knowledge?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Charles and Diana were spectacularly unsuited to each other. Spectacularly. But all they had to do was produce an heir and, for preference, a spare then they could toddle off and have their own separate lives and just meet for Christmas walks at Sandringham and the odd tour to Australia. They didn’t have to live together and spend the evening squabbling who gets control of the remote. Unfortunately the one person who wasn’t aware of the rules was Diana, who might have been a gel from the right stock but who was also naive and fancied herself in love. It really was a clash of old style aristocratic lineage merger and tabloid/public desire for a fairytale.

I would bet that if the media and public hadn’t been so heavily invested and if Diana had thought, you know what, I don’t like it but I’ll go with it … then she and Charles would still be married and living separate lives as would Camilla and Andrew. It doesn’t matter how many pints they pull or how little they use the gold coach, they really are not and never will be ‘just like us’.
Fine!! Even if they weren’t!! That marriage hadn’t a chance in hell from the beginning with camilla involved!! Imagine hearing your new husband on the phone talking to his lover! Imagine seeing him wearing cuff links on your honeymoon bought by her!! You only 19-20 years old!! How would you feel! All the anger and jealousy builds up! No one to talk to!! That marriage was not even allowed to grow or fail on it own merits! That’s all down to camilla

Reactions: 2
Fine!! Even if they weren’t!! That marriage hadn’t a chance in hell from the beginning with camilla involved!! Imagine hearing your new husband on the phone talking to his lover! Imagine seeing him wearing cuff links on your honeymoon bought by her!! You only 19-20 years old!! How would you feel! All the anger and jealousy builds up! No one to talk to!! That marriage was not even allowed to grow or fail on it own merits! That’s all down to camilla
You seem to blame Camilla for this and not Charles? It was his marriage that we’re talking about

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You seem to blame Camilla for this and not Charles? It was his marriage that we’re talking about
Why didn’t she keep away!! Why didn’t she say no! I could have had affair with a married man ( he did make a mistake ) they are separating!! I would never interfere in a marriage!!

Reactions: 1
I have never watched The Crown I don't have Netflix!

I might be late on this, but according to my Mum there’s some big news being held back until after the stupid coronation, apparently Camilla was in attendance at one of that twit Boris Johnson’s parties during lockdown, is this something that’s common knowledge?
1st I've heard.

Come on, be fair. How could poor, innocent, naive little Charles possibly resist the lure of Camilla and her hypnotic fanny? 🙄
I hate the lot of them so I have absolutely no skin in the game whatsoever, but surely you know by now it’s always the woman’s fault.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Exactly right it may have worked in Medieval times but not in the 20th century.

I’m reading a book on Charles atm and it says Camilla refused invites to events with The Waleses in attendance for a few years. There seems to be multiple versions of event with their story, they carried on seeing each other from day one vs it only started after Harry was born, she was his only mistress vs he had multiple.
---
Camilla bought the cuff links but didn’t put them in him, he still made that choice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.