The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn’t stand Diana, personally, and I like her even less the more I learn of her. Innocent, wronged, sweet young girl she most definitely was not, but she was devious enough to be able to curate that image of herself. I’m so glad it’s the sensible, well-balanced Camilla being crowned consort on Saturday.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Why didn’t she keep away!! Why didn’t she say no! I could have had affair with a married man ( he did make a mistake ) they are separating!! I would never interfere in a marriage!!
So you really are totally blaming the woman. Unbelievable. Regardless of what she did or didn’t do, a marriage will only fail if one (or both) of the people actually IN the marriage chooses to do something that causes that to happen. Do you really believe Charles was too weak to resist and had no will of his own. The whole thing was a mess and it was a marriage that never should have happened anyway.

Reactions: 13
Charles and Di didn't really know each other when they married. He needed a suitable bride and she created a false picture of what she was like to fit in with this.
Basically just people being human and bleeping their lives up as per usual. 🙄

Reactions: 4
So you really are totally blaming the woman. Unbelievable. Regardless of what she did or didn’t do, a marriage will only fail if one (or both) of the people actually IN the marriage chooses to do something that causes that to happen. Do you really believe Charles was too weak to resist and had no will of his own. The whole thing was a mess and it was a marriage that never should have happened anyway.
Yes! I do!! It’s not unbelievable! I took responsibility in my situation! I would have been the catalyst like camilla for that marriage to fail! She could have said no! Let the marriage fail on its own accord! Then if it breaks down then ok !! Charles was a spoiled brat. How do you know if camilla was not in the equation that the marriage would not have been a success!! They hadn’t even a chance to build a relationship with her there!

Yes! I do!! It’s not unbelievable! I took responsibility in my situation! I would have been the catalyst like camilla for that marriage to fail! She could have said no! Let the marriage fail on its own accord! Then if it breaks down then ok !! Charles was a spoiled brat. How do you know if camilla was not in the equation that the marriage would not have been a success!! They hadn’t even a chance to build a relationship with her there!
You had an affair with a married man? Sorry I’m confused.

Reactions: 1
So could Saint Diana in the marriages she herself wrecked but really, how far back do you want to go in terms of cause & effect? (!! !! !!)

Reactions: 7
So could Saint Diana in the marriages she herself wrecked but really, how far back do you want to go in terms of cause & effect? (!! !! !!)
You had an affair with a married man? Sorry I’m confused.
I could have had an affair but I said no! I would not destroy or interfere with someone else marriage which not whether he knew himself he made a big mistake! He had to make that decision to leave!! From what I have heard they are now separating!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Many, many marriages fail, for any number of reasons. Mainly that the partners are ill-matched. Why this assumption that Diana was so very young and naive and blindsided? She was very aware of the nuances of blended families, her own parents having divorced and remarried. She needn’t have made her own divorce such a black and white issue; she knew better than that – it was all just a PR game.Unfortunately their sons became collateral. William seems to have realized in hindsight though.

Reactions: 7
Exactly right it may have worked in Medieval times but not in the 20th century.
But that’s the thing. The Royal family were still doing it in the 20th Century. Queen Mary ended up marrying the brother of her deceased finance

Interesting that Camilla is apparently totally at fault for the failure of Charles & Diana's marriage, and not the fact that both of the parties in the marriage slept with others.

Theirs was a marriage that was unsustainable due to the two of them, not the various other parties.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I could have had an affair but I said no! I would not destroy or interfere with someone else marriage which not whether he knew himself he made a big mistake! He had to make that decision to leave!! From what I have heard they are now separating!
I don’t believe they are separating but I have heard previously they live separate lives. But Charles and Camilla had an affair and it’s both Charles and Camilla’s fault. Same with Diana having an affair with other men. It takes two to tango.

Reactions: 5
Why didn’t she keep away!! Why didn’t she say no! I could have had affair with a married man ( he did make a mistake ) they are separating!! I would never interfere in a marriage!!
I was shocked that after Diana learned that Camilla was the third person in her marriage, she was happy to do the same.....two or even three times.

Reactions: 9
It’s unbelievable that you lay all the blame on the woman. Why didn’t he say no? It was his marriage that he was cheating on.

Reactions: 4
I bet Julia Carling, Diane de Freundstein and Kelly Fisher (amongst others) wished Diana had kept away.

Reactions: 20
I think Camilla was a pretty ruthless schemer, probably still is but they were all badly behaved schemers, Diana and Charlie included.

Still boggles my mind that Prince Philip had a girlfriend in plain sight.

All that ribbon cutting, waving and inspecting grommit factories must bore them rigid. No wonder they all go crazy for a shag as soon as they're off duty.

I don’t believe they are separating but I have heard previously they live separate lives. But Charles and Camilla had an affair and it’s both Charles and Camilla’s fault. Same with Diana having an affair with other men. It takes two to tango.
I think Boom means the married man she could have had an affair with is separating from his wife, not Charles and Camilla!
It’s hard to tell, it’s all got a bit hysterical tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I find it sad that Diana’s family thought it ok that she married a man 12 years older when she was just 19/20 years old. And the groom had dated her sister. What were they thinking? Never mind the responsibility and spotlight that came with marrying the heir to the crown.

Reactions: 8
I find it sad that Diana’s family thought it ok that she married a man 12 years older when she was just 19/20 years old. And the groom had dated her sister. What were they thinking? Never mind the responsibility and spotlight that came with marrying the heir to the crown.
I know of at least one family member who thought the whole thing was a complete disaster in the making but (direct quote) "We don't say no to Diana"!

Reactions: 6
I know of at least one family member who thought the whole thing was a complete disaster in the making but (direct quote) "We don't say no to Diana"!
In the voice recordings she did with James Colthurst she talked about cancelling the wedding/having second thoughts and her sisters said she couldn’t do that because the merchandise was already made up.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.