The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People excuse Diana's affairs as Charles was cheating, but Camilla's husband was also cheating from the start of their marriage? Both woman cheated with men that were married or in relationships.

Reactions: 1
I do give Diana a but more flack because she was very young. No way around it. But the breakdown of this marriage is on her and Charles, even if I think he is at fault more.
We have no idea if Charles ever intended to make it work - meaning sustaining a faithful love match. I would think he always assumed at least some ONS on his side were absolutely fine. It was his decision to entertain the relationship to Camilla despite having a wife not ok with this. Camilla and Andrew seem to have been fine with their affairs- so her marriage wasn’t threatened by it at all. I doubt Charles played a part in their separation.
Charles was married to Diana- it was his responsibility to make it work. Camilla could have danced naked on his front step- no one forced him to open that door. Just as no one forced Hoare (married to Freudstein) or Carling to cheat on their wives with Diana. It’s not her fault they couldn’t keep it in the pants.
I absolutely get why many wouldn’t want to play a part in an affair. But the mere possibility shows that the married partner has already checked out of the faithful part and has no problem with risking the marriage and deeply hurting and humiliating the other partner.

In this case, I do feel for all three of them, but Diana gets some extra empathy points. Charles should have made sure she knew what she was in for. It was his responsibility to play with open cards and spill it out for her.

Reactions: 6
I think Camilla was a pretty ruthless schemer, probably still is but they were all badly behaved schemers, Diana and Charlie included.

Still boggles my mind that Prince Philip had a girlfriend in plain sight.

All that ribbon cutting, waving and inspecting grommit factories must bore them rigid. No wonder they all go crazy for a shag as soon as they're off duty.
I don't buy into the Saint Diana image but I do think Camilla has a hard and ruthless streak. Mind you they will all be looking down their noses at the plebs lining the Mall tomorrow who will be grovelling to them when the stand on the palace balcony 😄

Reactions: 5
People excuse Diana's affairs as Charles was cheating, but Camilla's husband was also cheating from the start of their marriage? Both woman cheated with men that were married or in relationships.
Jilly Cooper admits that Rupert Campbell-Black was based partly on Andrew.
That was a book crush that withered and died in very short order.

• Haha
Didn’t Diana say once in an interview, that she was the first to be unfaithful in the marriage

Reactions: 2
Didn’t Diana say once in an interview, that she was the first to be unfaithful in the marriage
Yes, she did. It makes sense in the context of Charles swearing blind that he didn't go back to Camilla till the marriage had 'irretrievably broken down'.

Reactions: 5
Jilly Cooper admits that Rupert Campbell-Black was based partly on Andrew.
That was a book crush that withered and died in very short order.
Never read her crappy books tried one and it was more cliched than Mills and Boon really dross.

Is anyone doing anything to celebrate Charles getting his Crown screwed on tomorrow? I'll just be watching on TV and looking on tattle. I do have some coronation chicken for lunch and some biscuits

Reactions: 4
Is anyone doing anything to celebrate Charles getting his Crown screwed on tomorrow? I'll just be watching on TV and looking on tattle. I do have some coronation chicken for lunch and some biscuits
We're having a bit of a do, MIL is putting on a spread, and we'll watch on TV. It's more an excuse to all get together and do something really but I do love the big royal moments, I think it's nice to be able to say where you were for them etc... I really enjoyed tattle for the jubillee and of course, The Queue, so hoping it will be just as enjoyable tomorrow

I do give Diana a but more flack because she was very young. No way around it. But the breakdown of this marriage is on her and Charles, even if I think he is at fault more.
We have no idea if Charles ever intended to make it work - meaning sustaining a faithful love match. I would think he always assumed at least some ONS on his side were absolutely fine. It was his decision to entertain the relationship to Camilla despite having a wife not ok with this. Camilla and Andrew seem to have been fine with their affairs- so her marriage wasn’t threatened by it at all. I doubt Charles played a part in their separation.
Charles was married to Diana- it was his responsibility to make it work. Camilla could have danced naked on his front step- no one forced him to open that door. Just as no one forced Hoare (married to Freudstein) or Carling to cheat on their wives with Diana. It’s not her fault they couldn’t keep it in the pants.
I absolutely get why many wouldn’t want to play a part in an affair. But the mere possibility shows that the married partner has already checked out of the faithful part and has no problem with risking the marriage and deeply hurting and humiliating the other partner.

In this case, I do feel for all three of them, but Diana gets some extra empathy points. Charles should have made sure she knew what she was in for. It was his responsibility to play with open cards and spill it out for her.
The problem with that, of course, is that to Charles it never was a love match anyway.

Making some food (going to bake a Victoria sponge), mother and I have put some balloons up and we are going to watch.

On the topic of Camilla her PR really need to calm down, even as a royalist it’s making me cringe, it’s not gonna work on people who dislike her, it’s just making them dislike them both more. They had a segment I think on Lorraine about her being a fashion queen and reporters on Sky saying Diana respected Camillas discretion and loyalty. Considering the approach they seemed to take for years was to slowly work her in and have her do her duty to win respect, it’s weird they’re now going full steam ramming her down people’s throats. It must kill Charles that even after all this effort, time and money spent on PR a lot of people still don’t like her.

On the topic of Camilla her PR really need to calm down, even as a royalist it’s making me cringe, it’s not gonna work on people who dislike her, it’s just making them dislike them both more. They had a segment I think on Lorraine about her being a fashion queen and reporters on Sky saying Diana respected Camillas discretion and loyalty. Considering the approach they seemed to take for years was to slowly work her in and have her do her duty to win respect, it’s weird they’re now going full steam ramming her down people’s throats. It must kill Charles that even after all this effort, time and money spent on PR a lot of people still don’t like her.
As my dad always said, he didn’t really like Elvis’ music … but he didn’t notice it bothering Elvis that much.

I have care and supposed control of the Aged Relatives tomorrow because apparently ‘I’m so good with them’/bung them a bottle of Croft Original and snacks, put the subtitles on and leave them to it.

I don't and its not about Diana I just think she can be a nasty piece of work they can PR as much as they like. A close friend of hers was gushing about her on some tv Prog the other day saying I will be in tears when she's crowned she is such a darling blah blah.
---
As my dad always said, he didn’t really like Elvis’ music … but he didn’t notice it bothering Elvis that much.

I have care and supposed control of the Aged Relatives tomorrow because apparently ‘I’m so good with them’/bung them a bottle of Croft Original and snacks, put the subtitles on and leave them to it.
They will love the Croft!!

I'll watch for a bit as I am too much of a history buff to turn down an historic event, but given it starts at gone 9pm here, it'll be a test of how much I can keep my eyes open for.

Reactions: 4
I'll watch for a bit as I am too much of a history buff to turn down an historic event, but given it starts at gone 9pm here, it'll be a test of how much I can keep my eyes open for.
I'll watch for a bit to check out the bling etc. The pageantry doesn't really interest me.

Does anyone else think Harry could make a surprise appearance on the balcony?

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.