Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jkroche95

VIP Member
Oh posh people love a hand me down. So they have money to fix the mansions roof.
I remember watching an old documentary about Ampleforth College. All the boys were in hand-me-down outfits from their granddads that were decades old and full of holes and patches!

• Wow
Reactions: 1

Boom Boom!!

Chatty Member
You seem to blame Camilla for this and not Charles? It was his marriage that we’re talking about
Why didn’t she keep away!! Why didn’t she say no! I could have had affair with a married man ( he did make a mistake ) they are separating!! I would never interfere in a marriage!!

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I know of at least one family member who thought the whole thing was a complete disaster in the making but (direct quote) "We don't say no to Diana"!
In the voice recordings she did with James Colthurst she talked about cancelling the wedding/having second thoughts and her sisters said she couldn’t do that because the merchandise was already made up.

• Sad

Boring Monday

VIP Member
True, I think it’s just William has an odd shaped head that it exacerbates it.
My friend says he looks like someone who has got his head squished between the doors of a bus … and while accepting there is nothing he can do about that, she thinks he should stop teasing those 4 strands of hair over his head. He’s not Jackie Charlton and he’s fooling no one or, alternatively, wear a hat or some form of head gear at all times.

neroli

VIP Member
Could she " just" have been styled Princess Diana without any extra title provided she had not remarried?
---
For those interested in the Coronation, the instagrams related to the Royals have been updating about the forthcoming event and the Coronations of the past.
This is what the official china looks like
Thank you for this link..I've ordered the mug as a keepsake. May be worth something in a hundred years!:)corrination

• Heart

LadyQuaithe

Crikey. Been out and just got to my Saturday paper. The Guardian are having a proper go (even more than usual) about the cost etc of the royals. It’s to be hoped they stick to their guns and don’t go bonkers with Corrie coverage, that would really mark them out as hypocrites….🤣🤣
And this too

feath

I've never liked Camilla and not just because of the way Princess Diana was treated. I can't stand bloody-thirsty people and Camilla is one bloody-thirsty person. Anyone who likes seeing a small animal being torn apart - and Charles likes this too - is not a person to be liked or admired.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
I remember watching an old documentary about Ampleforth College. All the boys were in hand-me-down outfits from their granddads that were decades old and full of holes and patches!
Also if they decide to spend on quality. Quality can only go so far though after 50 odd years!🤣

jkroche95

VIP Member
Bare in mind that Rose's husband has been in court since he was 14, he was a page for the Queen in 1974. His granny was also bridesmaid to the Queen in 1947 so it's not too far fetched that his long serving family would be involved.
I mean her granny.

Boom Boom!!

Chatty Member
So you really are totally blaming the woman. Unbelievable. Regardless of what she did or didn’t do, a marriage will only fail if one (or both) of the people actually IN the marriage chooses to do something that causes that to happen. Do you really believe Charles was too weak to resist and had no will of his own. The whole thing was a mess and it was a marriage that never should have happened anyway.
Yes! I do!! It’s not unbelievable! I took responsibility in my situation! I would have been the catalyst like camilla for that marriage to fail! She could have said no! Let the marriage fail on its own accord! Then if it breaks down then ok !! Charles was a spoiled brat. How do you know if camilla was not in the equation that the marriage would not have been a success!! They hadn’t even a chance to build a relationship with her there!

squacksquack

Chatty Member
To me, he’s got Williams eyes and his nose and mouth are like Kate’s father. Charlotte and George both have blonde hair so seem to have got that from the Spencer side. Hopefully both boys can keep a head of hair because Michael Middleton and Earl Spencer still look good, it’s just the Windsor fighting.
I recall reading somewhere that hair loss genes come from the mother’s side so he might be lucky.

jkroche95

VIP Member
Yes, I suppose even if they didn't have the moral concerns we do now about very young girls having sex/getting pregnant. Childbirth was so fraught with danger back then they must have been very aware that young teens (and indeed older mothers - over 30 😬) had a much higher risk of complications than those in their late teens/early twenties. That's even before you consider the risks of infection etc

Interestingly Katherine of Aragon and Prince Arthur were technically married when they were 13/14 but she wasn't sent over to England until they were 15/16 and considered old enough for a 'conjugal' relationship. I wonder if Margaret had any say in that decision.
im not sure if she had any say in it, her Granddaughter Margaret was married and sent to Scotland at age 13 to marry a 31 year old. She didn't seem to postpone the match or maybe didn't have much of a say.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
You would think a partner that chooses to propose marriage knows the other one well enough to choose a ring the other one loves.
The gemstone halo trend comes and goes. Some days I really like it, some days I find it too distracting on the eye.
Regarding the ring in question- I am not sure W would be too bothered by Diana-die-hard fans if he wanted it altered. He seems to have a rather balanced and rational view on his parents and their marriage. So either he was uber calculating and used the ring to ride on a „Saint Diana’s boy“ wave or he knows she actually really loved the ring after all still and that’s why he chose it. I can see both versions. Kate’s position is actually more interesting. Does she love the ring style? Does she love the connection? Does she love that he wanted to give her this iconic piece? Did both choose it from a calculating pov (not loving it but knowing it’s a great pr spin?) - not everyone puts a lot of emphasis on an engagement ring (especially if there are some pretty tiaras available instead). Would she have been offended not to get it? Does she hate it?