Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Reraciara

Chatty Member
There's definitely a message in Rose Hanbury's son being chosen. Charles has already made Rose's husband one of his Lords In Waiting as well.

Already suspected the Rose/Wills rumours weren't true, considering Pippa called her daughter Rose, but they want to make it obvious (he's probably played away elsewhere IMO).
I agree with you that he definitely chears on her I dunno about the Rose situation..... they all date each other in those circles so I'm willing to bet that they all cheat on each other with each other. That and the PR afterwards was dodgy, even by their standards. I think if it was true they would've ignored it and not done that weird church walk with them.

I think Pippa only named her daughter Rose as a middle name too?

elliebee27

VIP Member
I’m done with the lot of ‘em. I don’t think a republic is any better as we’d end up with some idiot voted in as president.

The monarchy and its structure needs to be massively reduced in cost and size. Start opening up all the historical buildings to the public.
Isn’t that the plan? Open buckingham palace year round?

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Yeah but Camilla doesn't like the limelight so can't seem them sticking it out full term. Plus being King comes with having to keep schtum with your opinions. 🥴

Boring Monday

VIP Member
On the topic of Camilla her PR really need to calm down, even as a royalist it’s making me cringe, it’s not gonna work on people who hate her, it’s just making them dislike them both more. They had a segment I think on Lorraine about her being a fashion queen and reporters on Sky saying Diana respected Camillas discretion and loyalty. Considering the approach they seemed to take for years was to slowly work her in and have her do her duty to win respect, it’s weird they’re now going full steam ramming her down people’s throats. It must kill Charles that even after all this effort, time and money spent on PR a lot of people still don’t like her.
As my dad always said, he didn’t really like Elvis’ music … but he didn’t notice it bothering Elvis that much.

I have care and supposed control of the Aged Relatives tomorrow because apparently ‘I’m so good with them’/bung them a bottle of Croft Original and snacks, put the subtitles on and leave them to it.

Soncna

I do not like their outfits today. Blue and pink in that shade are very strong colors. I liked Anne and Beatrice looks best. I see there is a lot of debate on instagram about Kate’ s nail polish. Again, I would prefer a more subtle color.

Whatthehell2

QUOTE="Eirawen, post: 14950933, member: 322"]

I think people are resenting the fact that millions are being spent on this farce and most of us are struggling to pay bills and buy food.

[/QUOTE]
They may as well dress up in their fancy frocks and tiaras if they are going to bother at all.
They can't win really can they........... 🙈

thegirlscout

VIP Member
The Queen Mother’s original ring was very similar to Diana’s - sapphire with diamond accents.
Hard to find a clear picture but you get the general gist here:
IMG_6106.jpeg

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Imagine the uproar if Kate did change that ring...

Iagree with the other that I wouldn't want a ring from such a cursed marriage. From memory too he had to ask Harry to have the ring as Diana left it to him?

I'd prefer what Harry did and get a diamond/stone of some meaning and get a, ring made
I think Harry offered it to William (wasn‘t Harry supposed to have picked the ring and William the Cartier watch). It think it’s whole mystique is that it’s Diana’s ring so in a way it now transcends style or where It suits who wears it. Probably in time 3 or 4 wearers down the line it will get tweaked but I think now it’s still too soon For it not to cause PR ructions.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Fine!! Even if they weren’t!! That marriage hadn’t a chance in hell from the beginning with camilla involved!! Imagine hearing your new husband on the phone talking to his lover! Imagine seeing him wearing cuff links on your honeymoon bought by her!! You only 19-20 years old!! How would you feel! All the anger and jealousy builds up! No one to talk to!! That marriage was not even allowed to grow or fail on it own merits! That’s all down to camilla
Exactly right it may have worked in Medieval times but not in the 20th century.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Large crowds turned up for the King and Queen in Germany. I’d guess it’s far more than would turn up in the UK

Black.bird

VIP Member
I’d like to see outfits with tweaks to recycle them Rather than worn again which most people do. That would send a more interesting message. How can you restyle an outfit?
Change the buttons
Add a coloured zipper
Sew a scarf into the neckline