Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jkroche95

VIP Member
Widowed and pregnant at 14😳😢 no wonder she was tough!
---

And married at 12 too. She was still a child.
That marriage was her second too!! she was married as a toddler but that marriage was annulled. Margaret didn't recognise that marriage as it wasn't consummated.

• Wow
Reactions: 1

FrostyChops

VIP Member
And this too
It's not hard to keep control of that kind of plant as long as you have all the correct monitoring in place and act on any issues quickly.
---
I wonder why Camilla was driven away from the service and the others walked?
Prior engagement apparently

TYL159

Chatty Member
I just don’t get the Camilla hate still. Diana died 25 years ago. Charles and Camilla have been married far longer and far happier than he and Diana. The line of succession isn’t altered. Charles didn’t marry her till Diana had passed. Would he have married her anyway - possibly? How could we know?

Camilla is hard working and doesn’t try to hog any limelight. She just gets on with the job. There are lots of blended families in the UK. Our monarchy needs modernisation to survive. There’s much bigger issues on the UK at present than this in my humble opinion.
And the heir to the throne is Diana not Camilla's son anyway
---
He’s usually covered them in 8 hour cream, that’s the problem.
---

Henry VIII divorced and remained king, the Church of England exists because of this (a point a CofE vicar did NOT like me pointing out when he refused to marry myself and my husband after my previous divorce), but as far as I know, no queens have been previously divorced, widowed, yes, but not divorced.
Edward IV had previously been ‘betrothed’, but he sacked that off for Elizabeth Woodville cos she was too hot.

I don’t think the majority of people think it’s a shitshow. The St Diana lot are just really vocal on social media, the majority of people I know just think ‘fair play’.

as for Harry, I would advise him to read some medieval history books and have a look at what happened to angry brothers. And advise him to stay away from any butts of malmsey wine.
Sorry to hear that. Most Church of England Vicars will remarry divorcees now provided no adultery involved. Though Charles and Camilla of course got a blessing only for that reason

Eirawen

VIP Member
The shorts and knee socks are still a thing in the UK. And not just in posh circles. I wouldn’t call that outdated.
😁 When were you last in the UK? 1955? Young boys don't wear shorts and knee socks amy more, and smocks and little summer dresses with sashes for girls were last seen in the 1960's.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
I'll watch for a bit as I am too much of a history buff to turn down an historic event, but given it starts at gone 9pm here, it'll be a test of how much I can keep my eyes open for.
I'll watch for a bit to check out the bling etc. The pageantry doesn't really interest me.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
He reminded me of a medieval baron challenging his monarch. He got away with it because the Spencers are a senior aristocratic family with more British royal blood in their veins than the Windsors who hail from a minor German aristocratic family.I have heard that many British aristocrats look down their noses at our German Royal family.
---

I agree though on the day he was perceived by many as a hero which fed his huge ego.
I saw some headline saying dukes are put out at not being invited to the coronation as they usually are. Could be a giant fuck you from Charles maybe?

Bride of Lupine

Chatty Member
Well that's one way to attack someone while smiling - the backdrop, the chosen photo, and the secondary headline are all unflattering.
The shade of it all!
Attack who though? It’s not as if Diana is still alive is it?! Camilla IS queen; there’s no other contestant 🤷‍♀️

Edit: Ah! Did you mean the publication attacking Camilla? Yes. I see what you mean.

Andouilette

Thanks for the headds up - I'll see if I can catch up. I enjoy things like this, so interesting to see what goes into all the pomp.
I hope you do get to see it, I just watched it and it was delightful. Very interesting indeed and getting to look at lovely Patrick for an hour was a distinct bonus!

Yel

Chatty Member
Ridiculous how it's becoming a daily story that x hasn't been invited. There's 2'000 places and they can't deck it out like a Victorian stadium like they did last time for 8'000 people

Multi-21

VIP Member
Can you buy the quiche anywhere or is the idea you make it yourself from a shared recipe? It’s sounds nice but I’m a terrible cook!

wkdlass

Ever since the revelations from Prince Harry about his cocaine use I can’t stop thinking about that fact he may have had a line using paper money with his Nan’s face on it 😬
I think he actually joked about that whilst doing it (sorry Granny) or something similar

• Haha

Nopatience

VIP Member
I think Kate has a ring of her own that William gave her, Diana’s ring was more about symbolism and having her as part of the occasion.

Boom Boom!!

Chatty Member
Or maybe Charles was happy to be "gripped" and returned the pressure willingly?Noone apart from those concerned knows. The Crown is fiction.
This is nothing from the crown !! Did you see Diana in her own words doc !! She said it her self !!
---
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a fan of Camilla. I’m not sure why she didn’t marry Charles but was decided to stay in the background, being there at the wedding, events, etc. Very odd behaviour but then again maybe that’s how aristos work?
I think she didn’t want to leave him go! To wear white at a wedding says a lot of things!

• Haha

Em_gardener

VIP Member
They see it purely as sport and also that a fox is a pest that needs keeping under control. While I agree that foxes can be pests especially at lambing time there are far more humane ways to deal with them than the cruel fox hunt. I don't like Camilla either she is quite hard I think. She is good at doing positive things for domestic violence but she also knows that it makes her look good.
I thought fox hunting was already banned in England? I thought it was more of a meet up and gallop around followed by drinks these days.

FrostyChops

VIP Member
I doubt most people will get the relevance of KP performing, unless the connection is announced e.g. Katy Perry, ambassador to bla bla

TennisTina

I love cobalt, but in a vest top or jumper. I think it was the head to toe and the style that I didn't like. Loved the shade of Louis' shorts.

jkroche95

VIP Member
They do. It's only for formal things like this were they are dressed very proper. I noticed George was dressed like his dad yesterday at the football. They've said before George likes to dress like his dad.

Kids can be so funny with clothes. I popped to see family last weekend and as I walked in my 7 year old nephew was dressed in a suit, complete with shirt and tie. His parents had bought it for him for a wedding they're going to and he refused to take it off. It was a very formal cup of tea. :ROFLMAO:
He was in the box at the football so i'm guessing there was a dress code.