Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ennui

VIP Member
I think Camilla was a pretty ruthless schemer, probably still is but they were all badly behaved schemers, Diana and Charlie included.

Still boggles my mind that Prince Philip had a girlfriend in plain sight.

All that ribbon cutting, waving and inspecting grommit factories must bore them rigid. No wonder they all go crazy for a shag as soon as they're off duty.

Reactions: 1

Eirawen

VIP Member
Because that is the image they are wanting to project … a kind of idealised EnId Blyton World.
Louis is probably just relieved to have jumped forward 50 years and be out of the Edwardian sailor suit.
It's ridiculous I remember how refreshing it was to see William and Harry in jeans and baseball caps when their mum took them to Alton Towers but of course for official engagements they were made to don outfits from Albert and Victoria's day.
---
I’m surprised William & Kate haven’t relaxed the dress code a bit for their kids. It’s identical to when William & Harry were little which is nearly 40 years ago. Surely chinos, smart shirt & blazer jacket would be fine. At least until the boys are teenagers. For Charlotte they should look at the Spanish princesses who are always beautifully dressed but with a nod to modern trends.

All the matchy blue was boring. I didn’t like Kate’s long blocky coat, it’s a funny colour for a coat and the style was quite dated. I wish she wasn’t always so ‘careful’.
She is cautious by nature and the matching outfits reinforced the Stepford wife image.
---
It’s just odd.
these people are over 40 - why are they acting like something out of a Sorority? It’ll be embroidered bomber jackets next.
(I thought the reason given for the Queen preferring nude nail polish was that it didn’t show chips in photographs)
Reminds me of a family in our village who attended the annual carnival in identical velvet jackets but in different colours.They thought they were the bees knees but everyone chuckling quietly.

Last edited:

Eirawen

VIP Member
To be fair I think that applies to most of ‘em. They live, die and stay in position by their PR.
Except Kate and William's PR regarding being "just like us" has become a huge joke.
---
All of them hunt in one way or another. I think Meghan was the only one who was against it?
I get hunting for food, that makes sense - if you kill something you eat it. But apart from that it’s horrendous and outdated.
Does Kate hunt, Diana didn't as she was scared of horses after she fell off one.

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
I think it's far more to do with the fact that she's a woman who married a royal. When was the last time Mike Tindall had his body size, facial features, or hair style scrutinised and treated as public property to be assessed?
Mike Tindall is not a working member of the Royal Family.

The Princess of Wales is, not that I am condoning any nastiness that may come her way pertaining to her appearance.

regularvoltaire

[QUOTE="regularvoltaire, 📯
The St Diana lot will never be convinced, but I will always believe that they were stupidly forced together and that never would have worked. He loved Camilla, was sent away cos she ‘wasn’t suitable’, she realised that and married elsewhere to a very dashing man, who could blame her? Diana played away too, many times and with married men.
It was all such a shame that QETQM masterminded a stupid plan in the age of debutantes.
I am glad QC has had the ‘consort’ title dropped. She has put her head above the parapet marrying Charles and has shown herself to be an intelligent and kind woman.
Debutantes? In the 1980' s ?,They had them banned from the Royal Court in the 50's.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I meant the queen mum was from that era. X

wkdlass

I recall he was pictured a while ago and wasn’t shaking hands with the public whereas Sophie was. Maybe covid has given him health anxiety?

maharini

Nothing against Camilla, and certainly no ‘anti-woman’ thing, but as others have said, Queen Elizabeth will always be The Queen to me.

jkroche95

VIP Member
People excuse Diana's affairs as Charles was cheating, but Camilla's husband was also cheating from the start of their marriage? Both woman cheated with men that were married or in relationships.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
Yup, the self-entitled screw up from the previous generation is apparently refusing to move out of Royal Lodge to Frogmore Cottage as he and his FWB ex-missus can't possibly cope with only ten bedrooms when they need thirty in their current home. Previous leaks have included that his police codeword was "The Cunt".
They really need to lock him up in a far away country estate. “Leaks” are a dangerous ground to tread on though. While I am sure PA was referred to in a rather unpleasant way when talking out of earshot, I doubt they would have used this particular slur. Maybe in the last 5 years, but there is at least a bucket full of British slurs I think would have showed up before this one. Could be mistaken of course.

Little tidbit on the children marriage practices in aristocratic circles in the past- thankfully most meant basically an engagement or a marriage ceremony with a or both stand in(s) till the parties were older. It would still be referred to as a real marriage between the betrothed even though they didn’t take part and no consummation would happen.
14 and younger wasn’t unusual but also not exactly the norm. Often the children also stayed in their home till they were old enough. Not saying there aren’t horrific examples but those “child marriages” aren’t necessarily what we mean if we use this phrase today.

Multi-21

VIP Member
American channels would definitely ask but that’s a whole can of worms to open if he starts doing commentary on royal events.
Like @Lammington says though Harry doesn’t have any recent inside knowledge of the family

hannah123

VIP Member
For those interested in the Coronation, the instagrams related to the Royals have been updating about the forthcoming event and the Coronations of the past.
This is what the official china looks like
Thanks! I was looking at their website the other day, I really liked the cup they did the jubilee but it was always out of stock, was even looking a few times after the jubilee and then she died so had to give up on that. Not sure I like this coronation cup enough to spend £30 on it compared to the M&S one

FrostyChops

VIP Member
The sailor suit was horrific and incredibly dated but I remember being criticised for pointing this out by a rabid royalist who tried to claim it was normal dress for the average toddler in the UK.

And to respond to other posts, of course they should dress smartly for formal occasions but that doesn't mean that they can't modernise somewhat at the same time
A rabid royalist though 🤣 to be honest l think l remember that!

I suspect it was more a case of don't wear the same colour as the Queen. Charles seems obsessed with being overshadowed but that's his problem. Hes got issues. I don't think he is hard to overshadow, not exactly a riveting personality.