Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Puts a new spin on things, this theory for me. If they happened to be negotiating (hypothetically) behind the scenes, they'd be holding out for as long as possible (whilst assuming as 'much-loved family members' they'd get a spot despite the late RSVP

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Going against the consensus here but when I was Kate’s age people constantly commented on how skinny I was. I was highly stressed so my appetite wasn't great. I'm now 50 and have rounded out a bit. Still slim but my metabolism has slowed down and the weight when stressed doesn't fall off like it used to. She could be quite an anxious person behind the scenes
I saw a picture of her mum when she was young and had babies and she looked extremely thin. Gaunt face. Made me wonder if it was something to do with pregnancy. 🤔

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Didn’t the Wales’ wear these clothes last year for Easter?
(also is the plural of Wales Wales’ or Waleses? Confusing myself)

Chita

VIP Member
At least she had the grace to accept the ring without adding more diamonds to it, like Meghan.
Any more stones added and it would weigh her hand down!

TBH I'm just not a fan of that big stone in the middle surrounded by smaller stones.
Too boring. Too symmetrical.

Em_gardener

VIP Member
The timing of it would be the main point. As I mentioned in a previous post, statute barring could have excluded William's settlement, just as much as Harry's case. NGN need to explain that, as it is they who are trying to get the whole thing barred for being ot of time.
Ah that makes sense. Thanks for explaining. Sounds like it will be difficult to get the case heard if that's the case.

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm sure the quiche will be nice, but it would be far better with edamame as they very well know with suggesting it but they know it's not British enough. Even baby broad beans are far better peeled.

Spid

VIP Member
Not much talk of the court case pre-trial or whatever it is in here.

Anyone got any thoughts? Why did the guy give the statement that he did the hacking and now come out and put a new statement denying each claim? Massive backhander from the Mail?

Chita

VIP Member
Was the embarrassing Tampax conversation between Charles and Camilla a result of phone hacking?
If so, did Charles sue or did he just grin and bear it?
I vaguely remember it being in the papers but can't remember if any legal action was taken.

elliebee27

VIP Member
I think they were actually on good terms before she died.
Charles said something I believe about how he did love her - she was the mother of his children, and we know they both love/d their children.

It reminds me of what my mother would say about my father. They had a very acrimonious divorce, if they were public people on par with the War of the Waleses in nastiness.

Blurp

VIP Member
Which would have been wrong on just about every level.you could think of.
Firstly because the Queen part of Queen Mother comes from the title of the actual mother, who will then also be Queen Dowager (Queen Mary was Queen Mother twice) not the fact it’s a daughter who is Queen. I guess because the longest serving Dowager Queen who was known as Queen Mother did have a daughter as Queen, the meaning became blurred (Also when the Queen came to throne Queen Mary was still alive and Queen Dowager, so calling her mother Queen Mother differentiated between the Old Queen and the potentially 2 Queen Elizabeths. I think you have to go back a long way to find another time when there were 3 overlapping Queens)
So, if Diana was to be known as anything it would be Queen Mother, because King Mother as a designation doesn’t actually exist … which she couldn’t be because she would not actually have been Queen.
She would just have remained Diana, Princess of Wales unless she remarried or unless William reinstated the HRH and/or she was given a title in her own right.
I think there was a Princess Mother in the past at some point.

I wonder if Princess Muna of Jordan has any additional title? She's in a similar position as Diana would be as the divorced wife of the previous monarch where there is a Dowager Queen but is the mother of the current monarch. Queen Noor is very obviously absent from the Jordanian court (though the hoohah with her son wouldn't help) but Princess Muna has an honoured place alongside Queen Rania (and the soon to be Crown Princess and future queen Rajwa - royal wedding on 1 June!).

Stillwater

VIP Member
I think it’s the knee length socks that are the twee thing.

Sock free deck shoes, Telegraph rolled up under the arm and you’ve got the look.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I've never seen a child in the UK in shorts and knee socks? Is it a thing for uniforms or something?
I think they're taking the blue theme a bit far now as well and I love blue. I suppose at least William didn't have a blue tie.
It seems the Outfit Planning Meeting had decided on shades of blue and reddish pink.

FrostyChops

VIP Member
Surely nothing is as it seems with the drug addled Prince?
Oh l know he's problematic to say the least but having looked into it, there seems to be an element of truth in it. I suspect there is an element of truth in much of it, but it's been spun, over dramaticised etc